Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: OT: Why is Pujols above suspiscion?

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    Post Thanks / Like

    OT: Why is Pujols above suspiscion?

    Why is it that Pujols is on pace to hit 80+ HRs and 200 RBIs and everyone makes it like it's a given that he's clean? Without a blood test, detecting HGH is impossible, so it would be very easy.

    We're all quick to jump on Bonds, McGwire & Sosa (and rightfully so) for those crazy HR totals, why not Pujols? Denial?

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously he isn't just look at threads like these.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    Post Thanks / Like
    be more cryptic...what's your point?

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    Why is it that Pujols is on pace to hit 80+ HRs and 200 RBIs and everyone makes it like it's a given that he's clean? Without a blood test, detecting HGH is impossible, so it would be very easy.

    We're all quick to jump on Bonds, McGwire & Sosa for those crazy HR totals, why not Pujols? Denial?
    because they are unfounded claims. there hasn't been a shred of evidence linking pujols to steroids, unlike bonds, mcgwire, and sosa.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump this

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are proving my point well, thanks.

    no one wants to look at the obvious - he is doing all the things the obvious juicers were doing.

    I am in no way saying I have evidence he is - don't be retarded, that isn't what this thread is about. If you can't follow the discussion, go click something else.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    dump this
    "dump this" because you don't agree? Brilliant.

    The only guys to ever put up numbers like Pujols is putting up are all pretty much confirmed juicers. That is all I'm saying.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    no one wants to look at the obvious - he is doing all the things the obvious juicers were doing.
    Hitting HR's?

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Hitting HR's?
    Yeah, Pujols is just another guy hitting a few HR's. Are you high?

    I'll reel you back in to the point - tell me how many guys have hit more than 60 HRs in a season and how many of those guys are considered juicers.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    "dump this" because you don't agree? Brilliant.

    The only guys to ever put up numbers like Pujols is putting up are all pretty much confirmed juicers. That is all I'm saying.
    no it isn't because i don't agree. it's because this idea is absolutely ridiculous. pujols isn't above suspicion. no one is. but pujols has done absolutely nothing to warrant that suspicion. there has been no link between the two at all. because pujols is on a tear we're supposed to have steroid suspicions? makes no sense.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    "dump this" because you don't agree? Brilliant.

    The only guys to ever put up numbers like Pujols is putting up are all pretty much confirmed juicers. That is all I'm saying.
    Dude, it's May. There's a long way to go in the season. Plenty of guys have had a good stretch. Plus there is no circumstantial evidence linking Pujols to steroids, no one claiming he is juiced.
    Ever heard the term innocent until proven guilty? You're damning the guy because he's off to a good start?
    This is the biggest problem with this crap. No one can ever be just good.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    Yeah, Pujols is just another guy hitting a few HR's. Are you high?

    I'll reel you back in to the point - tell me how many guys have hit more than 60 HRs in a season and how many of those guys are considered juicers.
    so because pujols is on pace to break 60 means he's a juicer?? come on. can't we just appreciate him as a great player?

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    no it isn't because i don't agree. it's because this idea is absolutely ridiculous. pujols isn't above suspicion. no one is. but pujols has done absolutely nothing to warrant that suspicion. there has been no link between the two at all. because pujols is on a tear we're supposed to have steroid suspicions? makes no sense.
    So if he hits 80 HRs this year, more than any of the juice crew could muster in a season with the help of steroids, I should stick my head in the sand and say "must be clean"? You'd have to be either very naive or named Bud Selig to just accept that.

    Bonds: Juice
    McGwire: Juice
    Sosa: Juice
    Pujols: Superman

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    So if he hits 80 HRs this year, more than any of the juice crew could muster in a season with the help of steroids, I should stick my head in the sand and say "must be clean"? You'd have to be either very naive or named Bud Selig to just accept that.

    Bonds: Juice
    McGwire: Juice
    Sosa: Juice
    Pujols: Superman
    i am the furthest thing from naive my friend. i just don't go around accusing players of steroid use with no proof whatsoever. that's pretty much the equivalent of accusing a stockbroker of insider trading without a shred of evidence to back me up.

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pujols is young and has gotten better and better each year. He has also never been linked to juicing in any way. If you look at bonds or McGwire they have gotten big so quick and went from hitting at a normal pace to hitting at an pace that they never have. Like I said Pujols has hit more and more homers each year as he has come into his own remember he is still young. There is also the little thing of evidence as in people claim to have seen bonds shooting up.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    i am the furthest thing from naive my friend. i just don't go around accusing players of steroid use with no proof whatsoever. that's pretty much the equivalent of accusing a stockbroker of insider trading without a shred of evidence to back me up.
    Ok, let me (for the third time) be PERFECTLY clear, since you seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I am NOT accusing Pujols of doing steroids. I am not presenting any evidence here. Got it? Save your absurd analogies for another thread, you're way off base.

    All I'm pointing out is that his numbers are on pace to shatter a record set by a guy we all KNOW is/was juicing, and that no one "clean" has come close to in years. In the wake of all the steroid issues in baseball, you'd be an idiot not to have some doubts.

    It's a discussion, I'm not filing a police report. If you have something intelligent to add, go ahead - if not, move on.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    ----Ikeyman, Dirk is the man.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Rhodes
    ----Ikeyman, Dirk is the man.
    What's up man, where have you been?

    Dirk owns, he made that whiny Duncan cry last night.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Englewood Cliffs
    Posts
    4,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    wait... maybe its because he's an amazing baseball player... it seems a lot of us forgot those existed

  20. #20
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    428
    Post Thanks / Like
    One reason I tend to believe that Pujols is clean is because he has publically gone on record saying that MLB can test him every day if they want to because he is clean.That is not the actions of a guilty person.Ever heard Bonds make that statement?You never will either.....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us