Thread: Dontrelle: What will it take?

All League

Dontrelle: What will it take?

It looks like the Marlins will be asking for the world for D-Train, and the way it's shaping up, the Yanks & Mets will be in a bidding war. You have to imagine they will want a pitching prospect in the deal - but how much more will it take?

They will likely start the bidding at:

Mets: Milledge and Pelfry
    Yanks: Hughes & Duncan & Cabrera (don't laugh) or other prospect

How much is he worth?

All Pro
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    The Yanks have no one to give up for the D train but they have the loot ....

Hope the Mets act wisely and do the right thing ....

Lets go mets !!!!!

Hughes, Duncan, and Cabrera might work but I don't think so because I think other teams would outbid that. Plus, Duncan has had a rough year in AAA so far.

Anyways, with Cashman running things now, the Yankees are not going to trade away top prospects and shouldn't. We need to rebuild the farm, not destroy it for an overated Dontrelle Willis.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Hughes, Duncan, and Cabrera might work but I don't think so because I think other teams would outbid that. Plus, Duncan has had a rough year in AAA so far.

Anyways, with Cashman running things now, the Yankees are not going to trade away top prospects and shouldn't. We need to rebuild the farm, not destroy it for an overated Dontrelle Willis.
    Agreed. The Yankees do need to rebuild the farm and shouldn't trade multiple prospects for Willis.

As a Mets fan, there is absolutely no way we should trade Milledge AND Pelfrey for Willis.

I think Willis doesn't get traded and there will be a bidding war between the Mets and the Yankees when he becomes a free agent.