Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: TRADE ? ? ? : CHAD to . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Question TRADE ? ? ? : CHAD to . . .

hey guys,
    a buddy of mine just e-mailed me re some talk that is apparently going around ny. as we all know chad is coming off his SECOND shoulder sx. the jets just assumed ( as i did ) that NO team would be interested in chad until his shoulder/medical status " check out ", etc.
    also, chad still has a pretty big contract , even after his reneg./re-do.
    but, apparently the OTHER team is willing to take chad; medical issue(s) / contract & ALL. i say : DONE DEAL. look, i luv chad but, there are some concerns re his shoulder. yes, we'll take a salary cap hit but, we can then clear chad's contract #'s OFF our salary cap & move on.apparently, chad is ok with the trade because he will not have to move his family in light of the fact that the other team is the knicks. dolan has the $'s to pay chad. we'll get some towels in return but , not all of them because chad likes to wave a towel when he's rootin' for the team.

thoughts ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    hey guys,
    a buddy of mine just e-mailed me re some talk that is apparently going around ny. as we all know chad is coming off his SECOND shoulder sx. the jets just assumed ( as i did ) that NO team would be interested in chad until his shoulder/medical status " check out ", etc.
    also, chad still has a pretty big contract , even after his reneg./re-do.
    but, apparently the OTHER team is willing to take chad; medical issue(s) / contract & ALL. i say : DONE DEAL. look, i luv chad but, there are some concerns re his shoulder. yes, we'll take a salary cap hit but, we can then clear chad's contract #'s OFF our salary cap & move on.apparently, chad is ok with the trade because he will not have to move his family in light of the fact that the other team is the knicks. dolan has the $'s to pay chad. we'll get some towels in return but , not all of them because chad likes to wave a towel when he's rootin' for the team.

thoughts ?
    i think that if a team would be willing to trade a ham sandwich for chad and his salary we should do it...maybe thats harsh, but i dont have any faith in his ability to be a productive nfl quarterback anymore...problem is, i dont think any other team does either...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    chad is ok with the trade because he will not have to move his family in light of the fact that the other team is the knicks
    Wow, don't quit your day job Kelly. Comedy is not in your future.