Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mets Trade For El Duke

All League

Mets Trade For El Duke

Just heard on ESPN that the Mets have traded with Arizona for Orlando Hernandez.

For Jorge Julio.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    For Jorge Julio.
    What do you think of the trade Ikey?

Banned
    great trade...World Series here comes the New York Mets!

All League
    I like the trade a lot. He pitched great last year during the post season, I have not seen him pitch this year, but I like him. I am glad we got him.

TMahoney
    Considering Julio sucked and we need starting pitching, its a solid trade.

All League
    I like the trade.

Alay Soler will have another Cuban on the roster now too.

As a Yankee fan I love Duque, but how old is he really and what are his injury concerns I haven't followed him much the past few years...Last year he was awesome tho...

Solid, ou can't complain, he sold high on Julio, look at the road/home splits for Duque, pitching at Shea will help him, as well as the NY pressure, dude thrives on pressure.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet
    Alay Soler will have another Cuban on the roster now too.
    Yeap. I am also Cuban, I really like Soler. Lets see what he can do tonight.

Jeremy Gonzalez we hardly knew ya...........

Jets Insider VIP
    El Duque could be a difference maker. Maybe a change of environment will bring him back to his old form. He's gotta be better than Gonzalez or Lima.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    El Duque could be a difference maker. Maybe a change of environment will bring him back to his old form. He's gotta be better than Gonzalez or Lima.
    That is for sure.

i loved duque as a yankee but he's always been up one year and down the next. that said, if you throw the guy in a postseason game he's lights out.

He's got 52 strikeouts in 45 innings this year, and they say he was hitting 90+ on the gun in his last start, this past Monday. He's an improvement, I guess, over what else they could throw out there.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

At some point in the not so distant future, Julio will become solid again. Unfortunately, it didn't look like it was happening here.

With the back end of our rotation the way it is, I think this trade is a no brainer, despite Julio's potential.

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but if they make the postseason, I'd much rather have El Duque's track record than Steve Traschel's, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet
    He's got 52 strikeouts in 45 innings this year, and they say he was hitting 90+ on the gun in his last start, this past Monday. He's an improvement, I guess, over what else they could throw out there.
    now that's surprising. i hope he finds sucess with the mets... just not against the yanks