Thread: Mets v. Phillies GM 3

All League

Mets v. Phillies GM 3

Mets getting hammered in the 1st again !! Down 3 - 0. I hope we have another comeback in us. Going to be tough against Myers.

Gonzalez just pitched his way back into the minor league.
    Last edited by JetBidi; 05-25-2006 at 01:48 PM.

All League
    Jose Reyes comes through with the big bat again !!

3-3 tie in the bottom of the 2nd.

aren't mike and the maddog announcing tonight's Mets game?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    aren't mike and the maddog announcing tonight's Mets game?
    Today's game was a day game. It's over already. Mets lost 5 - 3. Not a bad effort, some squandered chances.

However, I'm loving the fact that Beltran is streaking right now, Floyd appears to be out of his slump, and Wright is looking better too.

Next game is Friday night in Florida. Pedro pitching for the Mets

Veteran
    Formerly Brooklyn, now stranded in Colorado
    Can we PLEASE deport Matsui already? I know he finally learned how to field but Anderson Hernandez can do better and he is $5 million cheaper.

Better idea. I'm Sicilian. I can do what Sicilians do best (maybe second best) and we never have to see Matsui in a Mets uniform again. Who's with me???

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyback Mountain
    Can we PLEASE deport Matsui already? I know he finally learned how to field but Anderson Hernandez can do better and he is $5 million cheaper.

Better idea. I'm Sicilian. I can do what Sicilians do best (maybe second best) and we never have to see Matsui in a Mets uniform again. Who's with me???
    Or we could do something smart and give second base to "spanish king" Jose Valentin... I was the first to dog him out earlier this season but he HAS been hitting very well... see what kind of numbers he puts up as a starter and how is defense is, and if he is hitting under 260 and has average defense give the job back to hernandez.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradyback Mountain

I think everyone on Matsui's case should give him a break. Last year everybody was *****ing about his defense. Now that he's solidly fielding his position, people are *****ing about his hitting.

Anderson Hernandez was hitting for **** before Matsui retook the position. It looks like we're not destined to get offense from the 2nd base position this year, but at least we're getting solid defense.

Next year, I doubt Matsui will be resigned and Hernandez will take over. Hernandez will be getting better in the minors all this year for a smoother transition next year when he will become our starting 2nd baseman for a while.