Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rollins vs reyes....come get your crow......

rollins vs reyes....come get your crow......

remember the thread on this?

i know rollins is not as bad as he has looked BUT.......

reyes: avg. 254 5HR 25RBI 6 tripples 18 steals 19 walks 9 doubles

rollins: avg. 237 4HR 13RBI 1 tripples 7 steals 13 walks 9 doubles

this is though 45+ games..........can we cool the "if reyes works really hard he can be jimmy rollins talk"

in case you are still digesting the beltran crow, feel free to take your time on this helping.

wickedtwisted
    I think the Mets are a very good team 1 player away from being a GREAT team... I'm not really sure what player that is but we need a Pujols type player on offense... Wright has the potential to eventually be really great but idk about Pujols great...

LETS GO METS

If nothing else this mets team is the most exciting in years!!!!!!!

AND reyes is the catalyst(sp)!!!!

wickedtwisted
    the mets this year are so much more fun to watch...

Just because Rollins sucks doesn't mean Reyes is great.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedtwisted
    I think the Mets are a very good team 1 player away from being a GREAT team... I'm not really sure what player that is but we need a Pujols type player on offense... Wright has the potential to eventually be really great but idk about Pujols great...
    ROTFLMAO.

Where the hell are we getting a "Pujols" great player from.

This is a classic post.

I'd also like to bang Jessica Alba as well.

And Delgado is as close as you are going to get to Pujols in the NL.

We need a legit #3 pitches, that is truely what we need, and a 2nd baseban that can get on base more than 25% of the time.

And I feel we are one Roy Halladay-like player away from a lock WS ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    And Delgado is as close as you are going to get to Pujols in the NL.

We need a legit #3 pitches, that is truely what we need, and a 2nd baseban that can get on base more than 25% of the time.

And I feel we are one Roy Halladay-like player away from a lock WS ring.

I was at Wed nights game against the phillies, It was Alay soler first start.......if you get rid of the first inning he really looked good, considering this was his first big league start i think there is potential there for him to BECOME the #3 guy in the rotation.not saying with in the next two weeks but by september he may be a viable candidate for that spot in the rotation.

he seemed to pitch very well as to oppose to throw. he worked the plate changed speeds and kept the hitters off balance. he wasnt trying to throw the ball 100 mph ( thats not the pitcher he is anyway). he kept himself out of trouble after the 1st

there is potential in this kid

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp
    I was at Wed nights game against the phillies, It was Alay soler first start.......if you get rid of the first inning he really looked good, considering this was his first big league start i think there is potential there for him to BECOME the #3 guy in the rotation.not saying with in the next two weeks but by september he may be a viable candidate for that spot in the rotation.

he seemed to pitch very well as to oppose to throw. he worked the plate changed speeds and kept the hitters off balance. he wasnt trying to throw the ball 100 mph ( thats not the pitcher he is anyway). he kept himself out of trouble after the 1st

there is potential in this kid
    He really isn't a kid though.

He is listed as 26, but he is probably 29/30. He did look pretty good on Wed. but, you have to see more of him to see what he really is or if the other teams look at his tape and make adjusments on him. I loved his movement on his sliders, and his command after the first inning was great.

I think he is a good #5, but we need a #3 to compliment Pedro and Glavine, someone like a Kelvim Escobar.

wickedtwisted
    He really isn't a kid though.

He is listed as 26, but he is probably 29/30. He did look pretty good on Wed. but, you have to see more of him to see what he really is or if the other teams look at his tape and make adjusments on him. I loved his movement on his sliders, and his command after the first inning was great.

I think he is a good #5, but we need a #3 to compliment Pedro and Glavine, someone like a Kelvim Escobar.

Barry Zito or Dontrelle Willis... that would be the best starting 3 in baseball

wickedtwisted
    But as much as I would like to have Zito and Willis, Milledge could be great and it will be easier to find pitching help than outfield help in Free Agency...

Those are aces, we would have to sell the farm for those guys. We need a Livan Hernandez, Kelvim Escobar, Gil Meche, Brad Radke (not this version) type.

there is no way I trade any top prospects for Zito....he has not been the dominant starter in two years, he is a free agent and has already hinted that he is going to make teams bid for his services after this eason, so if they want him they could just buy him this offseason

as for willis, supposedly the marins are looking for top pitching prospects for him when he does become available, ( the marlins are goin to milk every home start they can out of him before they trade him, he sells tix), i would give up any of our two top pitching prosects plus a middle to lower teir to get him, if milledge and pelfrey could land him i would pull the trigger on that two

milledge as good as a prospect that he is, has some attitude problems ( doesnt bother me) and is more valuable to another tean as a CF then he is to us as a RF or LF, beltran stil has 51/2 years left on his contract.

it is EASIER to find a lf or rf with milledges skil set or close to it than it is to find a young lefty ace

Those are aces, we would have to sell the farm for those guys. We need a Livan Hernandez, Kelvim Escobar, Gil Meche, Brad Radke (not this version) type.
    Problem is when the Nationals ask for Milledge in return for Hernandez, that still giving up the farm for a #3. If we can pick up one for a reasonable price at the deadline im all for it, but I dont see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    Problem is when the Nationals ask for Milledge in return for Hernandez, that still giving up the farm for a #3. If we can pick up one for a reasonable price at the deadline im all for it, but I dont see it happening.

in a month or so we will have pedro, glavine, trachsel, soler,maine,bannister ,el duque, and the guy williams they just traded for as starting pitching options...so i feel they shouldnt make any trade for any pitcher unless it is willis or some one of that calibur

with the exception of pedro and glavine, i know none of those guys are as good of hernadez, but if we are not getting a young front of the rotation starter we need to hold onto pitching prospect b/c glavine and pedro are up there in age and the mets should be and are supposedly building for not only 2006 but 2007,08,09 and on

trachsel and two of those guys could round out the rotation, and you never know maybe we cathc lightning in a bottle and el duque pitches well, bannister looked good although he was always pitching with runners on.

I really feel rhat they are alright in the starting pitching department.
    the bullpen is best in the majors with there top 3 and there offense is fine and the bench is good.

this should be the team unless omar pulls the wool over anther gms eyes and gets great value (see what Lamar did to Duquette) they should really stand pat

Banned
    I'm sorry..but is it me??or does reyes look like buckwheat when he takes his hat off??

i meant rollins' prime years, nice try

Jets Insider VIP
    Just because Rollins sucks doesn't mean Reyes is great.
    Reyes is a great talent. He is young though and will continue to improve . He hit that homer the other day that went about 400 feet, I couldn't believe it. Just give this kid some time.

Jets Insider VIP
    One problem with the Mets right now is Matsui is struggling. I think he's pressing. Both Matsui and Floyd have hurt the team. If you upgrade their positions that would be a big help. Next year with some tweaking this team will be even better.

The pitching needs an upgrade with time as we are kind of old at pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    remember the thread on this?

i know rollins is not as bad as he has looked BUT.......

reyes: avg. 254 5HR 25RBI 6 tripples 18 steals 19 walks 9 doubles

rollins: avg. 237 4HR 13RBI 1 tripples 7 steals 13 walks 9 doubles

this is though 45+ games..........can we cool the "if reyes works really hard he can be jimmy rollins talk"

in case you are still digesting the beltran crow, feel free to take your time on this helping.
    we are only 2 mos into a long season.

I think the Mets are a very good team 1 player away from being a GREAT team
    "Great"? That is a major stretch. Your pitching is still very suspect, Pedro and Glavine have been excellent but they are old and Glavine has been a 1/2 yr pitcher for the past few seasons while Pedro wears down late in the year. Your 3-5 are not very good. the mets are definitely a good team and should run away w/ a very weak NL East and in a not so tough NL as a whole they should have a chance but they aren't 1 player away from being great.