Thread: Rick Peterson

Rick Peterson

Where does he rate against all MLB pitching coaches? Just wanna know what everyone thinks. I happen to think the guy is very good.

Has El Duque ever worked with a pitching coach as good as Peterson?
    I have a feeling this guy with the help of Peterson is gonna have an awesome season. Just my opinion and gut feeling.(HOPE)
    Last edited by 631JetFan; 05-26-2006 at 12:55 PM.

Peterson is definetly a top 5 pitching coach.

And you have to love that he always wears the jacket no matter how hot it is outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3

And you have to love that he always wears the jacket no matter how hot it is outside.
    LOL

Who is considered the best right now?

Quote Originally Posted by 631JetFan
    LOL

Who is considered the best then right now?
    Off the top of my head

Don Cooper
    Dave Duncan
    Leo Mazzone
    Chuck Hernandez-Great job this year

Peterson is also great with the draft.

Off the top of my head

Don Cooper
    Dave Duncan
    Leo Mazzone
    Chuck Hernandez-Great job this year

Peterson is also great with the draft.
    So you have Peterson at 5. Im real glad this guy stayed when Howe left. I do hope he was not the one to have any influence on the Kazmir trade though. Thats tough to forgive.

So you have Peterson at 5. Im real glad this guy stayed when Howe left. I do hope he was not the one to have any influence on the Kazmir trade though. Thats tough to forgive.
    He is the pitching coach not the GM, I'm sure they asked him what do you think about Kazmir and Zambrano but to think he made the deal is ludicrous.

He is the pitching coach not the GM, I'm sure they asked him what do you think about Kazmir and Zambrano but to think he made the deal is ludicrous.
    Influence IKEY not Decision. I heard a report in one of the papers he stated the kid nots gonna be ready for a couple yrs. 2 weeks later he's starting for the Devil Rays. Shutting down boston no less.

Hall Of Fame

i gotta disagree with you on the second point ikey...i hate the goddamned black jackets, they need a new design...

Influence IKEY not Decision. I heard a report in one of the papers he stated the kid nots gonna be ready for a couple yrs. 2 weeks later he's starting for the Devil Rays. Shutting down boston no less.
    That was his opinion, He relies on data and his data told him he wasn't ready.

You can't blame him for giving his opinion. Lets calm down before anointing Kazmir the next Doc Gooden now?

Peterson is right with young pitchers more often than wrong, Zito, Mulder, Hudson, Blanton, Pelfrey, Humber, Kazmir were all Peterson infulenced picks.

EDIT: Humber and Kazmir were NOT Peterson picks

Bonderman and Harden WERE
    Last edited by IM3; 05-26-2006 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    i gotta disagree with you on the second point ikey...i hate the goddamned black jackets, they need a new design...
    LOL noit the design,

Quick give me Peterson's uni # w/o looking it up?

Not one Met fan I have asked knows it because you NEVER see his jersey.

Well I guess we can only hope Pelfrey stays with us and becomes the player we all hope he's gonna be. BTW I was not aware of who he brought up. Thats pretty damn good judge of talent.

Well I guess we can only hope Pelfrey stays with us and becomes the player we all hope he's gonna be. BTW I was not aware of who he brought up. Thats pretty damn good judge of talent.
    Dude knows his pitching. Dude is also wacked out of his mind, but he does a great job.

Dude knows his pitching. Dude is also wacked out of his mind, but he does a great job.
    yes indeed, the mullet, the jacket, but he is a great pitching coach...

I dont know how much work he does with the vets, but he definatly does good work with the younger guys...

OT, anyone notice on Lima's last start when the showed him throwing his temper tantrum in the dugout, rick peterson gave him a pat on the back and Lima flipped out like "Dont touch me!" and yelled at him? haha...