Thread: Red Hot Chili Peppers Tour

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Red Hot Chili Peppers Tour

Anyone get tickets for the Chili Peppers and The Mars Volta Tour? I got 5th row on the floor for the October 17 show at the Meadowlands. :yes:

By the way, I started listening to MV a couple weeks ago and I must say they have a pretty interesting sound. If you're into Alt/Prog Rock, you should check them out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm thinking about giong. that is to the minneapolis show. i really want to see mars volta, but i don't know if it's worth $60 to me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    im seeing them october 20th at the boston garden

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    the mars volta are incredible, im gonna try and get tickets for albany while im up at school. rhcp is really over rated i think. i hate anthony keides

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I missed out on getting tix the day they were released...because of that Im not going bc I refuse to pay 60 or so to be in the top row...

If anyone has some extra tix... hit me up, cause I love RHCP... especially the new album.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    thinking about going, I've been to their Concert at Jones beach, BEST CONCERT I've ever seen, they blew away the Arrowsmith, Velvet Revolver and Cheap Trick concerts i've been to, who ever is going i will guarantee you it will be one of the best concerts you have ever seen! it will be a trip from the Island to catch them again but really considering it,

Also i have been hearing Rumors of them Plagiarism off of Tom Petty's "Last Dance With Mary Jane" i was Reading up on it last night on [url]www.ultimate-guitar.com[/url] (go to More News) they say that it is the same chord progression as well as the same melody, this came from a disk jokey in Boston, basically they said that their single "Dani California" was just the speed up version of "Last Dance with Mary Jane" personally i think they are too good to plagiarize, and even if they did they dont have to......Any thoughts?
    Last edited by jets1028; 05-29-2006 at 10:07 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets1028]Also i have been hearing Rumors of them Playgerism off of Tom Petty's "Last Dance With Mary Jane" i was readin up on it last night on [url]www.ultimate-guitar.com[/url] (go to More News) they say that it is the same chord progression as well as the same melody, this came from a disk jokey in Boston, basically they said that their single "Dani California" was just the speed up version of "Last Dance with Mary Jane" personally i think they are too good to playgerise, and even if they did they dont have to......Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]
    Those were just 2 DJ's trying to get recognized. As you said, they sped up Tom Petty's song to have it match. When sped up they sound alike. But it is not a unique or strange cord progression to use. Dani California sounds alot like Sweet Home, Alabama. This is because the progressions are the same between Dani and SHA like Dani and MJLD. You can find numerous songs that sound like Dani, but they just have some similar components. Come on, I bet those DJ's had never hear DC before and never heard the rest of the song (which sounds nothing like MJLD). They thought they were the ultimate sleuths, but to anyone who actually knows a thing or two, they were fools. For instance, they laughed at and hung up on a guy who said DC sounded like SHA, when it actually does. Just two guys trying to stir the pot.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mryankee90]Those were just 2 DJ's trying to get recognized. As you said, they sped up Tom Petty's song to have it match. When sped up they sound alike. But it is not a unique or strange cord progression to use. Dani California sounds alot like Sweet Home, Alabama. This is because the progressions are the same between Dani and SHA like Dani and MJLD. You can find numerous songs that sound like Dani, but they just have some similar components. Come on, I bet those DJ's had never hear DC before and never heard the rest of the song (which sounds nothing like MJLD). They thought they were the ultimate sleuths, but to anyone who actually knows a thing or two, they were fools. For instance, they laughed at and hung up on a guy who said DC sounded like SHA, when it actually does. Just two guys trying to stir the pot.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea, i know that but i was shocked that someone could actually accuse the Chili Peppers of Plagiarism after all the years of terrific music they put out not to mention how long they have been in the business, i didn't really believe it nor did i want to if it were true i was just pissed when i heard it because the Chili Peppers are far too talented to steel someone else's song, and IMO i think the Stadium Arcadium would of done fine even if "Dani California" was not on the Album....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mryankee90]
    By the way, I started listening to MV a couple weeks ago and I must say they have a pretty interesting sound. If you're into Alt/Prog Rock, you should check them out.[/QUOTE]

Mars Volta is horrible in concert. I saw them a year ago when they played with system of a down at continental and it was painfully bad. Don't worry tho, RHCP are [B]amazing[/B] in concert.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets1028]Oh yea, i know that but i was shocked that someone could actually accuse the Chili Peppers of Plagiarism after all the years of terrific music they put out not to mention how long they have been in the business, i didn't really believe it nor did i want to if it were true i was just pissed when i heard it because the Chili Peppers are far too talented to steel someone else's song, and IMO i think the Stadium Arcadium would of done fine even if "Dani California" was not on the Album....[/QUOTE]I mean, RHCP has been around over 20 years, are the pioneers of funk rock, and some punks think [B]they[/B] are plagiarising someone else. If anything it should be the other way around.