Thread: Roger Clemens signs with Astros

Roger Clemens signs with Astros

For about $10 million. Good move by Roger.

where did you hear this?????

Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    where did you hear this?????
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...orts-headlines

Also being talked about on M&MD.

All League
    just heard it too. would have been nice to get a starter without giving up prospects. oh well.

time to trade Hughes and Duncan for Dontrelle....

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    i'm surprised this hasn't reached espn yet. that steve phillips is a genius isn't he?

All Pro
    Anyone but the Red Sox is good. I'm not sure I would have liked him on the Yankees because I'm not crazy about having a different set of rules for one guy (show up when you want; only pitch at home, take the Spring off, etc...).

Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    time to trade Hughes and Duncan for Dontrelle....
    I'll kill someone if we do that. Hughes will be better than the overated Dontrelle Willis.

All League
    I'll kill someone if we do that. Hughes will be better than the overated Dontrelle Willis.
    Willis is young and a proven MLB winner. His last few starts have been much better. Hughes, as good as he's rated, is a question mark. I hate to give up the farm, but it's pretty much desperaton point for this season - Yanks don't add a 1 or 2 starter, they aren't a contender.

They're going to want Cano or Wang if not Hughes. I'm less willing to give up either one of them...

our staff definitely needs to get younger. our 1 and 2 starters are in their 40s and upper 30s respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    Willis is young and a proven MLB winner. His last few starts have been much better. Hughes, as good as he's rated, is a question mark. I hate to give up the farm, but it's pretty much desperaton point for this season - Yanks don't add a 1 or 2 starter, they aren't a contender.

They're going to want Cano or Wang if not Hughes. I'm less willing to give up either one of them...
    i wouldn't give up cano or wang. wang is the real deal. he keeps the ball down, and when you do that, you're going to have success in the majors. and cano is also a proven player in this league. hughes i could part with if it means dontrelle. this guy is young, energetic, left-handed, and would have a great presence in the clubhouse. hughes is a ?

whoever thinks willis is a good pitcher check the facts

hes a number three starter in the al...he plays in a football stadium in florida......look at his numbers before last season....if he came to the yanks he would have a 4.30 era at best and would get beat down

they just said on pti that the report was premature. i guess we'll have to wait for the truth to come out, but he probably has signed with the astros.

Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    they just said on pti that the report was premature. i guess we'll have to wait for the truth to come out, but he probably has signed with the astros.
    here's a link from espn:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2463566

He should stay in the NL where he has to bat.

Hall Of Fame
    Phuck that.

All League
    It's a good thing some of you Yankee fans are not the GM of the Yankees, but then again could you do worse than Brian Cashman?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen
    It's a good thing some of you Yankee fans are not the GM of the Yankees, but then again could you do worse than Brian Cashman?
    Yeah - like Contreras, Vazquez, Pavano, Weaver, and all the other guys that came here and choked are all Cashman's fault.

As I've said a million times, all these guys were heavily sought after free agents that the Yanks signed, who subsequently choked in NY. Then they went elsewhere and played well again. How can you predict that?

Cashman is not a genius, but he's still an above average GM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rudajnwhat
    hes a number three starter in the al...he plays in a football stadium in florida......look at his numbers before last season....if he came to the yanks he would have a 4.30 era at best and would get beat down
    that's a lot of wild speculation on your part. Sure his ERA will take a hit in the AL, but he is still the best available starter on the market. That's why we're talking about him.