Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing Week for A-Fraud

All League

Embarrassing Week for A-Fraud

Great article for you clever A-Rod haters out there:

I've long given Alex Rodriguez the benefit of the doubt. I figured that since he's only 30 years old and has played in just a handful of postseasons -- batting a respectable .305 in the process -- he has plenty of time to prove he's an all-time great and deserves the kind of money he makes. But no more. His showing over the past week forced me to give up on him forever.

Let me take you through his embarrassing performances from the past seven days.

Tuesday at Boston: Rodriguez hit a three-run home run in the seventh inning to put the Yankees up 7-1. His blast would prove to be the game winner because the Red Sox stormed back to make the final score 7-5, but A-Rod hitting a home run when his team already has the lead? Classic A-Rod. Or should I say A-Fraud. (Get it? I changed the Rod part to Fraud. It rhymes and everything.)

Wednesday at Boston: The Yankees won 8-6, but A-Rod got only one hit and scored just a single run. But that's not even the worst part. In the second inning, following a David Ortiz strikeout, Manny Ramirez hit a home run to left. Then the next batter, Jason Varitek, grounded out to A-Rod at third. I mean, come on A-Rod! Now you make the play?! The batter before hits a home run over your head to cut your team's lead to two and you do nothing, and then Varitek hits a weak grounder to you and you make that out? How about jumping up and snagging that Ramirez shot before it rocketed over your head? That's what your team needed! I mean, I don't know -- if I'm going to pay a guy $25 million to play third, I expect him to make those plays. I can get anyone to field routine ground balls.

Thursday, no game: A scheduled off day. Typical A-Fraud -- the Yankees manage to win back-to-back games against the Red Sox and he needs a day off. Pathetic.

Friday vs. Kansas City: The Yankees come home and play the Kansas City Royals, owners of a 13-game losing streak, and -- get this -- lose 7-6. And whose fault was it? You guessed it: A-Rod's. He went 3-for-4 with a double and just one measly RBI. Uh, hello? A-Rod? How about you muscle up a bit, you wuss, and make those singles into home runs? Had you done that, the Yankees would have won. But they didn't. And even the worst team in baseball proved it can come into your home park and make you look like a fool.

Saturday vs. Kansas City: Rodriguez hit two home runs and the Yankees won 15-4. Wow, great timing there, A-Rod. Not only do you have a big game in an easy win -- every RBI in the careers of Derek Jeter and David Ortiz has come with their teams trailing in the bottom of the ninth (it's true, look it up) -- but where were those two home runs, four runs scored and three RBI last night, when your team really needed them? Huh, A-Rod? Where were they then? You sicken me, that's what you do, A-Rod. You sicken me.

Sunday vs. Kansas City: The Yankees won 6-5, and Rodriguez hit a two-run single in the first inning to help his team get out to a lead it would not surrender. But what did he do after that hit in the first inning? Nothing but draw a walk. Typical A-Rod. He just sat back and rested on his laurels. Baseball is a "What have you done for me lately?" kind of game, A-Rod. Too bad you'll never know that.

Monday at Detroit: New York headed to Detroit for the type of game a team needs its stars to step up in -- holiday, packed crowd, playing a first-place team on the road -- and what does A-Rod do? He gets only one RBI as the Yankees win 4-0. Uh, A-Rod? Have you ever heard of insurance runs? Let's contribute with some late RBI. No lead -- no matter how big -- is ever safe in baseball. What, you only get RBI in close games now?

So there you have it, another despicable week in the despicable career of Alex Rodriguez: a .391 batting average, three home runs and 10 RBI as the Yankees go 5-1. Pshaw, I say. Pshaw.

All Pro
    great thread.....where did you find this????

All League
    LOL - liked it so much I had to get it some more exposure.

Apparently that didn't work

People's dislike of A-Rod is really just laughable at this point. It's pure jealousy. When A-Rod first signed the huge deal with the Rangers, I disliked him and was hoping he wouldn't succeed because I couldn't believe he got that much money so I can see why other people wouldn't like him. And then when he came to the Yankees people hated him even more... He's a really, really amazing baseball player.

Any of this make him less of a dick?

He's a curse!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2

He's a curse!
    Why is he a d**k?

and why is he a fraud?

Quote Originally Posted by CT. JETS FAN
    Why is he a d**k?

and why is he a fraud?
    I don't know WHY he's a dick. Must have been something from his childhood.

Fraud because everywhere he goes the team loses. Never been on a winner yet. Ask Seattle and Texas how much they miss him, not. He is a curse. Yanks won't win until they dump him.

Hall Of Fame

Fraud because everywhere he goes the team loses. Never been on a winner yet. Ask Seattle and Texas how much they miss him, not. He is a curse. Yanks won't win until they dump him.
    I'll rephrase..why do you call him a d**k..based on what?

So, according to your standard..EVERY player who did not win a WS is a fraud? True?

All Pro

remind me who won the AL east the last 2 years?

All League

is Dan Marino a fraud too? John Stockton? Karl Malone? I can go on and on with hall of fame athletes in all sports...

Lets try going a bit more close to home for your pathetic mind FoxboroFanatic2. Ted Williams... What a ****ing fraud. Carl Yastrzemski... another horribly pathetic fraud. Ted Williams went as far to win ONE ****ING PENNANT. What horrible frauds, they don't deserve to belong in the HOF even for how pathetic they are!!! How could they never even win a World Series? I don't understand!

Leave it up to the Red Sox fans to be jealous of him, and winning. Seattle and Texas would LOVE to have him back,if they didn't have to pay the kind of money his contract is... Fortunately money isn't an problem for the Yankees
    Last edited by rep; 06-01-2006 at 02:31 PM.

All Pro
    I really don't get the A-Rod hate.

Someone was stupid enough to give him a quarter of a billion dollars, so he took it. THat doesn't make him a bad guy. Tell me you wouldn't do the same.

He plays hard and puts up great numbers. Is that bad?

He offered to take less money to play for a winning team. Is that a bad thing?

So he's not Derek Jeter in the clutch. Who is (except Derek Jeter)? Actually his numbers in the clutch are actually pretty darn good.

Wins MVPs on a regular basis. Yanks don't make the playoffs last year without him.

So he gives a bland interview. Does that make him different than a lot of other professional athletes?

Where does all the hate come from. Is it just jealousy?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan

Where does all the hate come from. Is it just jealousy?
    mostly small penised Red Sox and Mets fans with an inferiority complex.

He's a curse!
    Honestly buddy, if you don't know anything about baseball you probably shouldn't speak about it and just stick to football.

As a Met fa I can honestly say that A-Rod takes wa too much critisism, He is a great, not good, great player and yet he isn't accepted by his fans or his enemies.

Not that I feel bad for the guy, but de deserves better from Yankee fans.

Quote Originally Posted by blackout806
    mostly small penised Red Sox and Mets fans with an inferiority complex.

Right, its all us Met fans bashing him, certainly not you Yankee fans. We constantly compare him to Jeter . . yeah

eLOT

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    People's dislike of A-Rod is really just laughable at this point. It's pure jealousy. When A-Rod first signed the huge deal with the Rangers, I disliked him and was hoping he wouldn't succeed because I couldn't believe he got that much money so I can see why other people wouldn't like him. And then when he came to the Yankees people hated him even more... He's a really, really amazing baseball player.
    How is it jealousy? I am a Yanke fan, I EXPECT alot more out of him. He's supposed to be our best player, suppsoed to ba top 3 player in the game but players of that caliber need to come through in big spots more often. Does he come through from time to time? Sure but not consistent enough and he was pathetic in the playoffs last year killing our chances for a series win.

It's not about jealousy- I WANT ARod to be as great as he should be, I want him to succeed to help the Yankees win. How can anyone who follows this team deny that he has struggled in big spots for us?

What people fail to comprehend is that b/c ARod is a top player in the game standards are much higher for him than normal players. It's like if you take 2 kids, 1 is a straight A student and never gets B's while the other is a C student who never gets B's. They both bring their report Card home to their parents and both get B's. Well the straight A student's parents will be upset b/c he set a high standard while the C student's parents will buy him a new car they are so thrilled.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    How is it jealousy? I am a Yanke fan, I EXPECT alot more out of him. He's supposed to be our best player, suppsoed to ba top 3 player in the game but players of that caliber need to come through in big spots more often. Does he come through from time to time? Sure but not consistent enough and he was pathetic in the playoffs last year killing our chances for a series win.

It's not about jealousy- I WANT ARod to be as great as he should be, I want him to succeed to help the Yankees win. How can anyone who follows this team deny that he has struggled in big spots for us?

What people fail to comprehend is that b/c ARod is a top player in the game standards are much higher for him than normal players. It's like if you take 2 kids, 1 is a straight A student and never gets B's while the other is a C student who never gets B's. They both bring their report Card home to their parents and both get B's. Well the straight A student's parents will be upset b/c he set a high standard while the C student's parents will buy him a new car they are so thrilled.
    yeah, maybe he should be our best player for the money we pay him (about 15 mil), but he still helps the team win a great deal...

People say he only gets hits in blowouts. However, look what happens when they don't blowout a team completely, only up 5-0... Teams think they have a chance to come back, and look sometimes they do! If he had a hit a "meaningless" grand slam to put us up 9-0, Detroit probably would have given up.... pretty meaningless eh? It's not just Detroit, its every team. No runs are meaningless, they deflate the egos of the other team beliving they can come back...

He was our top player last year and probably will be again this year (although I think Jeter has been the best Yankee so far). Pathetic in last years playoffs... Yeah he was. So was Matsui (who was much worse), Sheff, and, more importantly, Randy Johnson. He's not going to hit in every postseason and every time he doesn't, he gets killed. The reason is that his teammates haven't hit well when he hasn't. Personally, I blame last years postseason on Randy Johnson. The guy we gave 2 extra years, Javy Vazquez, Brad Halsey, and Navarro, to WIN THAT F*CKING GAME. Not only did he not, but he was a disgrace in that game. He was the reason we lost last year.

It's not jealousy with Yankee fans. It's jealousy with Yankee haters. He hasn't been as good as I would have hoped in big spots (and he will be better), but every time he gets it done, it is forgotten. If he doens' hit 1.000 in clutch spots, he'll be killed. And it's unfair.[/QUOTE]

We all comprehend that. What other people fail to comprehend is that he gets way too much sh*t for doing what he does. He was the AL MVP last year for a very good reason.

He was our top player last year and probably will be again this year (although I think Jeter has been the best Yankee so far).
    Come October the reg season becomes meaningless, he was pathetic in the postseason and cost us the series. He not only couldn't hit but couldn't run the bases when he walked and couldn't field.

Pathetic in last years playoffs... Yeah he was. So was Matsui (who was much worse), Sheff, and, more importantly, Randy Johnson
    They were all bad BUT they all had moments to help the team while ARod killed us consistently through thes eries right up until the end when he grounded into the DP to end it.

I blame last years postseason on Randy Johnson. The guy we gave 2 extra years, Javy Vazquez, Brad Halsey, and Navarro, to WIN THAT F*CKING GAME. Not only did he not, but he was a disgrace in that game. He was the reason we lost last year.
    I am annoyed at Randy too but that was ONE game, ARod killed us in 5 and randy kept us in game 5 in relief. Look back at randy's career and he gets killed in the ALDS before stiffening up in the LCS and WS, I don't know what the reason for that is but his LDS #s are terrible.

[QUOTE]It's not jealousy with Yankee fans. It's jealousy with Yankee haters. He hasn't been as good as I would have hoped in big spots (and he will be better), but every time he gets it done, it is forgotten. If he doens' hit 1.000 in clutch spots, he'll be killed. And it's unfair.

It might be a ltitle unfair, even if he does come through alot the time he dosn't it will be brought back up but that's something he needs to overcome. A huge postseason will kill that for good. Remember how people thought Tino was a choker(and he did struggle big time in the postseason) until that HR in the '98 WS and his reputation was changed forever.

We all comprehend that. What other people fail to comprehend is that he gets way too much sh*t for doing what he does. He was the AL MVP last year for a very good reason.
    I can't speak for all fans but I couldn't care less about MVPs. I want WS's not MVPs and ARod will become great to me when he dos it in october. Stats are nice but I want wins, ARod is the baseball version of Peyton Manning and that's a great thing in the reg season but not so good in postseason.

Come October the reg season becomes meaningless, he was pathetic in the postseason and cost us the series. He not only couldn't hit but couldn't run the bases when he walked and couldn't field.
    He had a bad postseason... It happens. It happened to Ruth, Mantle, Reggie... Everyone.

They were all bad BUT they all had moments to help the team while ARod killed us consistently through thes eries right up until the end when he grounded into the DP to end it.
    The DP didn't help him out. Jeter and Posada actually had pretty good postseasons... Unfortunately, that was about it. Matsui hurt us the most in that game by the way. He left something like 9 men on base.

I am annoyed at Randy too but that was ONE game, ARod killed us in 5 and randy kept us in game 5 in relief. Look back at randy's career and he gets killed in the ALDS before stiffening up in the LCS and WS, I don't know what the reason for that is but his LDS #s are terrible.
    Randy has to win that game, period. I find it humorous that people seem to forget about Randy in that postseason. That was one of the most disgraceful performances I've ever seen. He was given a ton of runs and he still blew it.

It might be a ltitle unfair, even if he does come through alot the time he dosn't it will be brought back up but that's something he needs to overcome. A huge postseason will kill that for good. Remember how people thought Tino was a choker(and he did struggle big time in the postseason) until that HR in the '98 WS and his reputation was changed forever.
    Yep, I remember very well. A-Rod defintiely needs a big time postseason and I guarentee you will see it... Again. He carried us in the ALDS in 2004. But yeah, he needs another big one and he will geto ne this year.

I can't speak for all fans but I couldn't care less about MVPs. I want WS's not MVPs and ARod will become great to me when he dos it in october. Stats are nice but I want wins, ARod is the baseball version of Peyton Manning and that's a great thing in the reg season but not so good in postseason.
    The reason we made the postseeason last year was A-Rod. I want WS's too, obviously. Everyone does. A-Rod can't do that alone.

Honestly, if you don't know how well A-Rod has done in the postseason, don't post about it. A-Rod's postseason stats: .305/.393/.534.

By the way, and this has nothing to do with your post, but for all the crap A-Rod gets for hitting with RISP, check out his numbers this year. .333/.469/.651/.1120