Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 173

Thread: OT: Yankees not champs this year

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sudbury,Ma
    Posts
    2,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    OT: Yankees not champs this year

    The Yankees may make the playoffs but they will make an early exit again. When you have players who cant play because they have back spasms from putting on their shoes or are always on the DL there is trouble. This team has no heart and misses the warrier spirit of Paul O'Neil. They are an over paid bunch of prima-donnas who take any chance they get to get some time on the DL. Yeah I know they are old and injuries happen but these guys will not play if they have a hang nail! I also don't see the "get mad" spirit in these guys when opponents go after them. There are exceptions in Jeter and Bernie but this team is built to score runs because the pitching is so bad (relief & middle relief).

    They just don't look hungry to me and seem to approach the game like a business meeting.

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the will be champions.

    Why, you might ask? Easy.....

    My Washington Nationals have exactly what the Yank-me's need right now, a stud Outfielder Bat, and a Quality Closer. Yep, Sorriano and Cordero.

    And the Nats are actively looking to sell, sell, sell this season. By year end we could lose half our starters (or at least Sorriano, Vidro, Nick Johnson, Lival Hernandez and Chad Cordero) in trades for prospects.

    And the Yank-me's are always big buyers, cruising the dregs of the league (which sadly the Nats are for now) to buy up their best players.

    The ONLY question is this: Do the Yank-me's have enough talenet in the minors to persuade the Nats? I don;t know, I don;t know the Yank-me's minor league system at all.

    But if they do, they can all but buy the players they need off the Nats.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sudbury,Ma
    Posts
    2,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Warfish

    Good post. I was waiting for the "sale" to start as soon as some owners realized that their teams were not gonna make it. I don't want Soriano back he is not a team player and has an ego the size of the city. There is a reason that the Yanks and Rangers let him go.

    The Yankees desperately need young players who are hungry. The current team has no personality and I am sick of players like Sheffield who complain while making big bucks and Arod who always seems to choke in the clutch.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    currently CT/eventually NC
    Posts
    3,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Yes, the will be champions.

    Why, you might ask? Easy.....

    My Washington Nationals have exactly what the Yank-me's need right now, a stud Outfielder Bat, and a Quality Closer. Yep, Sorriano and Cordero.

    And the Nats are actively looking to sell, sell, sell this season. By year end we could lose half our starters (or at least Sorriano, Vidro, Nick Johnson, Lival Hernandez and Chad Cordero) in trades for prospects.

    And the Yank-me's are always big buyers, cruising the dregs of the league (which sadly the Nats are for now) to buy up their best players.

    The ONLY question is this: Do the Yank-me's have enough talenet in the minors to persuade the Nats? I don;t know, I don;t know the Yank-me's minor league system at all.

    But if they do, they can all but buy the players they need off the Nats.
    Hey Warfish..what's the latest on the Stadium down there?

    All legal hurdles cleared?
    When is the scheduled opening?

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CT. JETS FAN
    Hey Warfish..what's the latest on the Stadium down there?

    All legal hurdles cleared?
    When is the scheduled opening?
    We have an owener, an approved Stadium Deal, ground broke recently, everything is full steam ahead for now....

    But this is DC, and I fully expect half a dozen lawsuits before it gets done. Expected pening in still 2008 if I recall.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    currently CT/eventually NC
    Posts
    3,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    We have an owener, an approved Stadium Deal, ground broke recently, everything is full steam ahead for now....

    But this is DC, and I fully expect half a dozen lawsuits before it gets done. Expected pening in still 2008 if I recall.
    THX

    Where is the new location?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    8,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Yes, the will be champions.

    Why, you might ask? Easy.....

    My Washington Nationals have exactly what the Yank-me's need right now, a stud Outfielder Bat, and a Quality Closer. Yep, Sorriano and Cordero.

    And the Nats are actively looking to sell, sell, sell this season. By year end we could lose half our starters (or at least Sorriano, Vidro, Nick Johnson, Lival Hernandez and Chad Cordero) in trades for prospects.

    And the Yank-me's are always big buyers, cruising the dregs of the league (which sadly the Nats are for now) to buy up their best players.

    The ONLY question is this: Do the Yank-me's have enough talenet in the minors to persuade the Nats? I don;t know, I don;t know the Yank-me's minor league system at all.

    But if they do, they can all but buy the players they need off the Nats.
    Cordero is trash.

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    641
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    The Yankees may make the playoffs but they will make an early exit again. When you have players who cant play because they have back spasms from putting on their shoes or are always on the DL there is trouble. This team has no heart and misses the warrier spirit of Paul O'Neil. They are an over paid bunch of prima-donnas who take any chance they get to get some time on the DL. Yeah I know they are old and injuries happen but these guys will not play if they have a hang nail! I also don't see the "get mad" spirit in these guys when opponents go after them. There are exceptions in Jeter and Bernie but this team is built to score runs because the pitching is so bad (relief & middle relief).

    They just don't look hungry to me and seem to approach the game like a business meeting.
    So you're basically saying Mo has no heart because he couldn't play last night. I love it. The guy couldn't even put his jacket on after the game--Myers had to put it on for him--and you sit there on your couch and cast judgment on one of the greatest Yankees in history. I guess you think players with broken wrists should go out there and play also. Get a brain please.

    In a side note, if anyone should be blamed, it's Torre, who babies the players so much it's disgusting. There is no reason Jeter couldn't have played last night.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Yes, the will be champions.

    Why, you might ask? Easy.....

    My Washington Nationals have exactly what the Yank-me's need right now, a stud Outfielder Bat, and a Quality Closer. Yep, Sorriano and Cordero.

    And the Nats are actively looking to sell, sell, sell this season. By year end we could lose half our starters (or at least Sorriano, Vidro, Nick Johnson, Lival Hernandez and Chad Cordero) in trades for prospects.

    And the Yank-me's are always big buyers, cruising the dregs of the league (which sadly the Nats are for now) to buy up their best players.

    The ONLY question is this: Do the Yank-me's have enough talenet in the minors to persuade the Nats? I don;t know, I don;t know the Yank-me's minor league system at all.

    But if they do, they can all but buy the players they need off the Nats.
    1. the yankees have noone to offer for soriano...nats can get a better prospect from about 10 other teams.

    2. where is soriano playing on the yankees? he just moved to the outfield....are you saying he is switching sides of the OF now? doubt it...and 2nd base is Cano.

    3. fact remaints Soriano is having an amazing year and there are lots of teams with better prospects.

    i really, really, really dont see the yankees winning a title....1 problem...pitching is totally unreliable.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    At 31-21 the pitching is not reliable and the injuries is dragging us down ..Okay
    you say so. But I agree with Torre babying Jeter. Before we start saying who is
    and who isn't going to win ,can we get to the All Star break first ,I didn't know
    that the July classic is upon us. Remember the postseason is all about momentum ,you go in with it ,it's hard to get kicked out of it.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pitching wins.

    *points to last years world series*

    Anymore questions?



    eLOT

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    The Yankees may make the playoffs but they will make an early exit again. When you have players who cant play because they have back spasms from putting on their shoes or are always on the DL there is trouble. This team has no heart and misses the warrier spirit of Paul O'Neil. They are an over paid bunch of prima-donnas who take any chance they get to get some time on the DL. Yeah I know they are old and injuries happen but these guys will not play if they have a hang nail! I also don't see the "get mad" spirit in these guys when opponents go after them. There are exceptions in Jeter and Bernie but this team is built to score runs because the pitching is so bad (relief & middle relief).

    They just don't look hungry to me and seem to approach the game like a business meeting.
    Let me get this straight, the Yanks just went into Detroit and won three of four from the team with the best record in baseball and only lost the fourth game because Riviera was unavailable and that means they have no heart and unreliable pitching?
    Did you happen to notice Mussina's complete game the other night? The pitching is not nearly as bad as some make it out to be and as far as the injuries are concerned, I'd much rather have guys on the DL now than in August/Sept. If they are banged up then, I'll be nervous, but right now it's June 1 and we are in first place despite all the injuries and perceived pitching problems.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elot
    Pitching wins.

    *points to last years world series*

    Anymore questions?



    eLOT
    Not saying anything new, Can anybody say what the pitching they are getting
    in June is going to translate to the postseason....

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    The Yankees may make the playoffs but they will make an early exit again. When you have players who cant play because they have back spasms from putting on their shoes or are always on the DL there is trouble. This team has no heart and misses the warrier spirit of Paul O'Neil. They are an over paid bunch of prima-donnas who take any chance they get to get some time on the DL. Yeah I know they are old and injuries happen but these guys will not play if they have a hang nail! I also don't see the "get mad" spirit in these guys when opponents go after them. There are exceptions in Jeter and Bernie but this team is built to score runs because the pitching is so bad (relief & middle relief).

    They just don't look hungry to me and seem to approach the game like a business meeting.
    Who cares? If we don't win it this year, we'll definitely win it next year. Never a reason to panic in Yankeeville. We're not the once-every-twenty-years Mets, after all.

    SAR I

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Postseason is mostly a crapshoot. Any team has a chance if they make it.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    2,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Who cares? If we don't win it this year, we'll definitely win it next year. Never a reason to panic in Yankeeville. We're not the once-every-twenty-years Mets, after all.

    SAR I


    June 1, playing with AAA talent, 1/2 game out and Met fans
    are shoveling dirt! Too funny!

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks!


    June 1, playing with AAA talent, :
    LMFAO.

    Team still has AAA stars like, A-Rod, Giambi, Posada, Damon, RJ, Mussina, Rivera, Farnsworth, etc.

    Yankees still with all the injuries are one of the most talented teams in baseball.

  18. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being a Red Sox fan what scares me about the Yankees is they are still winning despite all these injuries and pitching woes. And they are still tied for first.
    WHEN they go out and get some hired guns then they will be right back on top.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    At 31-21 the pitching is not reliable and the injuries is dragging us down ..Okay
    you say so. But I agree with Torre babying Jeter. Before we start saying who is
    and who isn't going to win ,can we get to the All Star break first ,I didn't know
    that the July classic is upon us. Remember the postseason is all about momentum ,you go in with it ,it's hard to get kicked out of it.
    yeagh your record is the result of your pitching.....and NOT 20000 runs a game.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    yeagh your record is the result of your pitching.....and NOT 20000 runs a game.
    Coming from a Met fan , I will just disregard that comment since you are more
    focus on that other team... Stay in your lane ,and worry about the NL.We will
    be just fine..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us