Thread: Split-Squad Yanks in 1st Place!

All League

Split-Squad Yanks in 1st Place!

Maybe these injuries are a blessing, letting us see what these kids have. I heard Kay talking about having 10 hits or more in the last 12 games straight - not too bad considering half our reg. lineup is out!

I still want Soriano

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    Maybe these injuries are a blessing, letting us see what these kids have. I heard Kay talking about having 10 hits or more in the last 12 games straight - not too bad considering half our reg. lineup is out!

I still want Soriano
    I like it..it will give everybody a chance to step up to the plate in pressure situations..and I like having more pesky slap hitters in there..than the home run boys..we are playing very well..

All Pro
    We are winning the way we use to win. Small ball hitting and good
    starting pitching. Now if we just can get this bullpen in order..

i'm so tired of hearing you yankees fans talking about having a AAA caliber ball club right now. that's a joke if i've ever heard one. even with injuries the yankees still have more high-priced talent on the field than mosrt any other clubs in the league. get over yoursleves, really.

All League
    First of all, no reason to post here. You don't like the Yankees, we get it.

Second of all this would be like the Mets being without Beltran, Delgado, Wright, Reyes and Wagner.....it certainly warrants some recognition that they have managed to keep winning.

Second of all this would be like the Mets being without Beltran, Delgado, Wright, Reyes and Wagner.....it certainly warrants some recognition that they have managed to keep winning.

yesterday was a good win, being that you have even more guys out with flu, and mariano with the stiff back, etc. but you guys have been complaining about injuries alot longer than just the last day or two. it just gets old to hear the fans of a team like the yankees complain about having injuries. for 200 million, you should expect your team to play through some injuries and still come out on top.

All League
    For the sake of raising the maturity level on these boards and ending the mindless bickering over "my team is better than yours", I respectfully suggest that you keep your opinions on what Yankee fans should expect from their team to yourself.

There's no reason to come on this thread other than to start yet another argument with no resolution.

For the sake of raising the maturity level on these boards and ending the mindless bickering over "my team is better than yours", I respectfully suggest that you keep your opinions on what Yankee fans should expect from their team to yourself.

There's no reason to come on this thread other than to start yet another argument with no resolution.

no, it's what any fan of a team who they expect to make it to the series should expect of their team. i never said my team was better than yours. i'm just suggesting that your yankee fan circle jerk thread is lame.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    no, it's what any fan of a team who they expect to make it to the series should expect of their team. i never said my team was better than yours. i'm just suggesting that your yankee fan circle jerk thread is lame.
    I think you are missing the point. No Yankee fan cares how "lame" you think the thread is.

Try to rise above your immature need to shoot jabs. I'm sensing you won't be able to. Take care.

All Pro
    yesterday was a good win, being that you have even more guys out with flu, and mariano with the stiff back, etc. but you guys have been complaining about injuries alot longer than just the last day or two. it just gets old to hear the fans of a team like the yankees complain about having injuries. for 200 million, you should expect your team to play through some injuries and still come out on top.
    Nobody here talking about the Mets or bashing the Mets or their fans. You have a serious complex problem with the Yankees and their fans .No Yankee fan on here is going to respond to thoughtless bashing!

Banned
    go away!!!if you want to bash the yankees..start your own thread!!I am taking the high ground..if you want to tallk yankees or mets..thats fine..but enough with the yankee bashing..nobody is bashing your beloved mets..go away!!!

All Pro
    guy your lame....4 real we are trying to have a truce and your really f*ckin things up, if you don't like the Yanks "circle jerk" go rub on a mets fans c*ck, really GO AWAY

goozzzffrrabba:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

That would be relevant if they had the same payroll... As currently constructed it just illustrates how much wiggle room the yankees have because they can acquire and stock layers of talent that most teams can't...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    That would be relevant if they had the same payroll... As currently constructed it just illustrates how much wiggle room the yankees have because they can acquire and stock layers of talent that most teams can't...
    Riiiggght..... Melky Cabrera, Miguel Cairo, Kevin Thompson, Terrence Long, Kelly Stinnett and Andy Philips are all layers of talent they stockpiled via huge free agent spending sprees.

and I think that other team in NY has the highest payroll in the NL - I would think I'd start hearing a little less about how unfair that is...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Riiiggght..... Melky Cabrera, Miguel Cairo, Kevin Thompson, Terrence Long, Kelly Stinnett and Andy Philips are all layers of talent they stockpiled via huge free agent spending sprees.

and I think that other team in NY has the highest payroll in the NL - I would think I'd start hearing a little less about how unfair that is...
    Take out the salaries of the injured Yanks and the payrolls are about even...

All League
    Uh oh - looks like you lost track of the argument. Let me reel you back in - you were about to tell me how Cairo, Philips, Stinnett, Cabrera, Thompson and Long comprise this "layer of talent" that only the Yanks can afford. Ok now go ahead (focus....):