Thread: Lastings Impressions.....

Lastings Impressions.....

Now that we have seen this kid....his bat...his canon arm...and his glove:

1. he should never ever go back down, i love Nady but he is not the same player on defence...and does not have that kind of an arm....i would explore a trade, or platoon them.

2. Millage has as much of a bright future as Wright, Reyes or any other young star in baseball.....i cant beleive i am saying this BUT i am sure glad they didnt give this kid up for Manny.

He may go down still, but if anything every team is salivating over him more now.

would you trade lastings and david wright for dontrelle and miguel cabrera

no would you start lastings in a fantsey league

would NOt make the trade to floriday and i would not start him in a fantasy league right NOW because he is still getting settled down....but the future is bright.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    who wins in a fight, Lasatings vs. God? Trick question, Lastings is God. Who wins in a fight, Lastings vs. A Hurricane? What if the Hurricane was named Hurricane Lastings?

Da Mets...

Quote Originally Posted by ChanTheMaster
    who wins in a fight, Lasatings vs. God? Trick question, Lastings is God. Who wins in a fight, Lastings vs. A Hurricane? What if the Hurricane was named Hurricane Lastings?

Da Mets...
    skankie fan?

Banned
    my lastings impression? High fiving Shea Stadium...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Nady will start as soon as he's ready. If Lastings won't get in the lineup on a regular basis, I say send him down. I still think Floyd should sit vs. lefties, especially since willie always does the righty/lefty switch in the bullpen(see Heath Bell sunday). Hopefully Beltran will stay healthy, but I wonder if he could play first base if Delgado continues the awful funk.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    skankie fan?
    Yes sir, The exchange earlier reminded me of the old Super Fans skits is all...

I don't hate the Mets or anything...

Yes sir, The exchange earlier reminded me of the old Super Fans skits is all...

I don't hate the Mets or anything...
    got it

Delgado hit a HR yesterday....funk what funk?

Da Mets...

no the great melky cabrera would be able to beat lastings, doesnt everyone melky is the number one young prospect in baseball right now. the best young talent ever

All League
    I would keep Milledge up and let him learn on the job, it's not like the lineup can't hide him if he goes into a slump. He's doing fine and he needs to get experience at this level sometime. Why not now? Keep Nady for depth in case of injuries, or trade him if you can get some pitching....

Also - on the high-five thing - anyone that finds that offensive is an idiot. I'm a Yankee fan (like anyone doesn't know that yet?) and I have to say what he did was absolutely fine - I mean the other team wasn't even on the field for Christ's sake! Sometimes these old-school baseball rules get taken too seriously by the old timers....

believe it or not X Nady is a better player right now (as a 27 year old) then Milledge is right now as a 22 year old (or however old he is) - and Nady was also an excellent prospect coming up. Maybe 3 years from now Milledge is a monster and Nady is just another guy but right now a team looking to make the world series (as the Mets supposedly are) cannot put their faith into a rookie hitter that young.