Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 143

Thread: For everybody who jumped on the Mets bandwagon...

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,552

    Wink For everybody who jumped on the Mets bandwagon...

    this year because the Mets got off to such a fast start, I thought you would like to know that the Mets and Yankees are now both 34-22. The difference being the Mets are healthy and the Yankees have a boatload of injuries but are still winning regardless.

    Seems to me the Mets start off hot or at least winning the first couple of months of the last few seasons and then fizzle out as the season drags on.

    I think the Mets will be a .500 team by September or damn close to it.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-06-2006 at 10:18 AM.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,842
    I'm a Yankee fan but I think that the Mets will be pretty good. They just need a starter or two under 35 to emerge. Come to think of it, the Yanks could use that too.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,396
    The Mets are healthy? I guess if you exclude 2 out of their 5 starting pitchers going into the season and throw in currently their starting right fielder.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan

    Seems to me the Mets start off hot or at least winning the first couple of months of the last few seasons and then fizzle out as the season drags on.

    seems to me you are talking out of your a$$ and really have no idea what kind of bullcrap you are spewing.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    this year because the Mets got off to such a fast start, I thought you would like to know that the Mets and Yankees are now both 34-22. The difference being the Mets are healthy and the Yankees have a boatload of injuries but are still winning regardless.

    Seems to me the Mets start off hot or at least winning the first couple of months of the last few seasons and then fizzle out as the season drags on.

    I think the Mets will be a .500 team by September or damn close to it.
    Mets healthy? Beltran missed games, Matsui missed games, Bannister is out, Zambrano is out, Nady is hurt. Fortunato is out, Hernandez, Maine, all spent time on the DL.

    Fast starts the past few years?

    In 2005, the Mets were 26-26 after April and May. After June, they were 39-39. Wow, some fast start they got that year.

    How about 2004 you say? After April and May that year, they were 24-26. After June they were 37-39. Another blazing hot start.

    So your entire argument is garbage, other than the fact that both teams are doing very well at this point of the season record-wise.

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,187
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    this year because the Mets got off to such a fast start, I thought you would like to know that the Mets and Yankees are now both 34-22. The difference being the Mets are healthy and the Yankees have a boatload of injuries but are still winning regardless.

    Seems to me the Mets start off hot or at least winning the first couple of months of the last few seasons and then fizzle out as the season drags on.

    I think the Mets will be a .500 team by September or damn close to it.
    a .500 team? Now you are just talking nonsense. No one is taking away anything from the Yankees, they are playing some great ball. But to say the Mets will not improve upon last year is just plain silly. Prior to the beginning of the season, most experts were predicting as least a wild card berth for the Mets. With their quick start, I suspect that practically every person with any baseball knowledge would think you wrong and not by a close margin.

    There is always a chance that they fizzle and dont win the division, but I would put a large sum of money on them finishing at least 10 games over .500. Let me know if you wanna take me up on that offer.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    a .500 team? Now you are just talking nonsense. No one is taking away anything from the Yankees, they are playing some great ball. But to say the Mets will not improve upon last year is just plain silly. Prior to the beginning of the season, most experts were predicting as least a wild card berth for the Mets. With their quick start, I suspect that practically every person with any baseball knowledge would think you wrong and not by a close margin.

    There is always a chance that they fizzle and dont win the division, but I would put a large sum of money on them finishing at least 10 games over .500. Let me know if you wanna take me up on that offer.
    they better hope you're wrong. if they only finish ten games over .500, they aren't going to the playoffs. 86 wins isn't enough.

  8. #8
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,187
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    they better hope you're wrong. if they only finish ten games over .500, they aren't going to the playoffs. 86 wins isn't enough.
    i said "at least" 10 games over. i have no doubt that they will win over 86 games. My point was that A-Rod thinks they will be .500 or damn close.

    i used 10 games over .500 just as an example. 10 games over .500 is not "damn close" to .500 and there is a very high likelihood that they will surpass that number.

    IMHO, the Mets will have over 90 wins this year. If I had to throw out a number, Id say 93.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    i said "at least" 10 games over. i have no doubt that they will win over 86 games. My point was that A-Rod thinks they will be .500 or damn close.

    i used 10 games over .500 just as an example. 10 games over .500 is not "damn close" to .500 and there is a very high likelihood that they will surpass that number.

    IMHO, the Mets will have over 90 wins this year. If I had to throw out a number, Id say 93.
    i'd say they get 90-95 wins this year and win the division. the nl east is pitiful and the mets are the only team in that division that has balance.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,204
    The Mets have a good team this year. There should be no excuse not to win their soft division. Most of the better NL teams are out west.The Braves plain
    Suck and the Phillies have to be more consistent.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    this year because the Mets got off to such a fast start, I thought you would like to know that the Mets and Yankees are now both 34-22. The difference being the Mets are healthy and the Yankees have a boatload of injuries but are still winning regardless.

    Seems to me the Mets start off hot or at least winning the first couple of months of the last few seasons and then fizzle out as the season drags on.

    I think the Mets will be a .500 team by September or damn close to it.

    Blow it out of your:

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan
    I think the Mets will be a .500 team by September or damn close to it.
    and i think they must be putting something in the water in key west...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    and i think they must be putting something in the water in key west...
    Pornstache's music before his AB's should be classic 70's porn music

    *bow chica-pow pow*

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    1) The Mets have a very good team and I will be shocked if they don't win the NL East

    2) The Yanks injuries are far worse than the Mets.

    3) I thought we weren't going to have these threads anymore!!!! What are they going to prove???? Does any Yankee or Met fan think you're going to convert someone?????????????????

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,396
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    1) The Mets have a very good team and I will be shocked if they don't win the NL East

    2) The Yanks injuries are far worse than the Mets.

    3) I thought we weren't going to have these threads anymore!!!! What are they going to prove???? Does any Yankee or Met fan think you're going to convert someone?????????????????
    1. Agreed
    2. I would expect a Yankee fan to say that
    3. The thread was started by a Yankee fan.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bellmore, NY
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    1. Agreed
    2. I would expect a Yankee fan to say that
    3. The thread was started by a Yankee fan.
    1. Great. Issue resolved.

    2. It amazes me how desperate Met fans are to shoot down anything that involves the Yankees - no matter how much it defies logic.

    Either ;

    a) you don't know what has been going on with the Yankees injuries (in which case you shouldn't comment

    or

    b) you think losing Zambrano (5th starter at best) and Bannister (unproven rookie) is equivalent to losing Matsui, Sheffield & Pavano long term, and Jeter, Posada, Giambi, Mariano and A-Rod for stretches at a time, in which case you are simply delusional.

    Please share with me the devastating injuries the Mets have endured that compare to the Yankees injuries. Be specific.

    You can save yourself from time by asking yourself "have I seen 2/3 of the Mets lineup comprised of rookies and 2nd stringers at any point this season?" If the answer is no, then just concede you don't know what you are talking about.

    3. I know that, and I was directing my comment towards that individual.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,396
    Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    .

    2. It amazes me how desperate Met fans are to shoot down anything that involves the Yankees - no matter how much it defies logic.

    Either ;

    a) you don't know what has been going on with the Yankees injuries (in which case you shouldn't comment

    or

    b) you think losing Zambrano (5th starter at best) and Bannister (unproven rookie) is equivalent to losing Matsui, Sheffield & Pavano long term, and Jeter, Posada, Giambi, Mariano and A-Rod for stretches at a time, in which case you are simply delusional.

    Please share with me the devastating injuries the Mets have endured that compare to the Yankees injuries. Be specific.

    You can save yourself from time by asking yourself "have I seen 2/3 of the Mets lineup comprised of rookies and 2nd stringers at any point this season?" If the answer is no, then just concede you don't know what you are talking about.
    Funny. It seems like the yankee fans are the one crowing about their success by point to the injuries. You can whine about the injuries and the natural response is that the Yankees can afford it because they buy more talent than anyone. Besides when you buy that talent when it is aging, than injuries come along with it.
    You can minimise the loss of 40% of the Mets starting lineup because they aren't names that have big $ associated with them, but they are still spots that are filled by second stringers and rookies along with other starting position players. (see Floyd, Nady injuries among others)

    You don't know squat, and you rarely miss an opportunity to prove it while whining about other posters hijacking threads.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,130
    Now Mets fans are frontrunners? That hilarious. This is a Jets board, don't forget, and the Mets have been around longer than some of you.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,846
    The Yankees are missing 2 starters... The Yankees have had their CF miss a few games due to injury. The Yankees RF, who is much better than Nady, has missed more games than Nady. Their LF is gone for the season most likely, who is the equivalent of a Delgado being out the entire season. All your other guys hurt... are middle of the road players, nothing special. You might expect a Yankee fan to say the injuries are worse for the Yankees, just like you should expect a mets fan to say the yankees injuries are worse, BECAUSE THEY ARE

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,396
    Quote Originally Posted by rep
    The Yankees are missing 2 starters... The Yankees have had their CF miss a few games due to injury. The Yankees RF, who is much better than Nady, has missed more games than Nady. Their LF is gone for the season most likely, who is the equivalent of a Delgado being out the entire season. All your other guys hurt... are middle of the road players, nothing special. You might expect a Yankee fan to say the injuries are worse for the Yankees, just like you should expect a mets fan to say the yankees injuries are worse, BECAUSE THEY ARE
    That's what happens when you buy aging talent at a premium, it often breaks down.
    There is nothing funnier than watching Yankee fans whine about injuries...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us