Thread: Mets draft.......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Mets draft.......

http://villanova.cstv.com/sports/m-b...y_kevin00.html

in round 2...sounds like a first round talent.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm gonna take a wild guess and say this kid is represented by scott boras, which is why he was available in the second round...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good pick. I am still a bit suprised the Mets didn't sign Beato!! They got him in the 17th round last year and they had until I guess yesterday to sign him and didn't. He was just pick early in the second round by Baltimore. He had Tommy John surgery, but his fastball is already back to 94 MPH!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not signing Beato was an idiotic move by the Mets. Yankees had a freaking fantastic draft. Didn't really like our first round pick (wouldn't have minded Beato there) but other than that, it was great.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, what were they thinking not signing Beato? They are in freaking NYC for god's sake. If they spend 7 figures and he doesn't pan out, so ****ing what....

Mets fans better hope they don't ***** out again and can sign Mulvey.

Also JeffWeaverFan, I agree. I love Joba Chamberlain in the 2nd round. He was supposed to be a top 10 guy, but has had injury problems. Who knows, maybe he will be Prior Part 2 with injuries, but he sure has a hell of a lot of potential.

However, the pick I really love is Dellin Betances in the EIGTH round. This kid throws in the mid 90's at age 18 (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/06/sp...1&oref=slogin)...
    He is however a possibility to be a signing problem, but if the Yankees fork over the money, they got by far the biggest steal in the draft.

McAllister is also a very nice high school pitcher, who has been brought up by people in the MLB, making him one of the most polished high schoolers out there.

As for the rest of the draft, I dont know much about, but those three guys look like they can be really good, if things pan out, and duds if they don't (injuries for Joba, and not signing Betances)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    rep... I was hoping we would take Bettances in the 2nd or 3rd round! Shows how much I know. We've just got to sign him and there's no doubt in my mind that we will. I also LOVE our 9th round pick. Top college closer in the draft that would have been a late 1st rounder but had an injury at the end of last season. A steal in the 9th round... Now we've just got to pay him good money.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    mets draft........people.....mets draft............

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally hope Jeremy Barfield pans out, he sure has the bloodlines, Josh (on SD) and Jesse

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Not signing Beato was an idiotic move by the Mets. Yankees had a freaking fantastic draft. Didn't really like our first round pick (wouldn't have minded Beato there) but other than that, it was great.
    I heard the deal with Beato is that the Mets offered about $750,000 but Beato was seeking around $1.5 million. He was originally drafted in the 17th round. He wanted to get paid like a mid-first rounder. The Mets decided they didn't want to do that. There's also a story that the Commissioner's Office advised the Mets not to pay Beato above his value, and I think Minaya has said that was the case, but that the team made the final decision.

Do I think they should have paid the extra money? Yes.
    Can I see why they made the decision they did? Yes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    http://villanova.cstv.com/sports/m-b...y_kevin00.html

in round 2...sounds like a first round talent.
    Couple of years could show Pelfrey, Soler, Humber, Mulvey, Bannister in the rotation.

Now they just need to bridge from the Pedro-Glavine era and hope some of those guys above work out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nova's baseball team plays in Blue Bell, PA... which is the town I live in. I've seen this kid throw and he is the real deal. Solid pick by your Mets.