Thread: Best record in New York belongs to...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Best record in New York belongs to...

THE NEW YORK YANKEES!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, so what. the mets still took two of three from the yanks when they played this year. and i'll bet they take 2 of three when they go to the yanks house later this month.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    lol, so what. the mets still took two of three from the yanks when they played this year. and i'll bet they take 2 of three when they go to the yanks house later this month.
    you would do that wouldn't you. but the yankees have been hot since the last time we met while the mets have actually gotten worse with delgado's funk.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    you would do that wouldn't you. but the yankees have been hot since the last time we met while the mets have actually gotten worse with delgado's funk.

seriously though. the first time all year the yanks have a better record than the mets and right away there is a thread touting it? LAME!!!!! i thought the yanks had nothing to prove.........

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    but..the yanks took 4 out of 5 in the most important series in 2000!!!
    thats called the world series young fella!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    but..the yanks took 4 out of 5 in the most important series in 2000!!!
    thats called the world series young fella!!!

that was 6 years ago. what have the yankees done since besides lose to clubs that had like 1/4 of their payroll, and perform the biggest choke job in all of sports history ever?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    that was 6 years ago. what have the yankees done since besides lose to clubs that had like 1/4 of their payroll, and perform the biggest choke job in all of sports history ever?

Don't let it get to you. All it took was a thread by rep who has 268 post and he doesn't even respond to the posters.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What have the mets done with a payroll bigger than just about every team as well not named New York or Boston? Oh thats right, missed the playoffs.

The real point of this thread was actually to show how stupid it looks to talk about who has the better record in May and June, which Mets fans have so kindly pointed out every day of the year up to this point. IT MEANS NOTHING.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you post things like that myabe your team should have done something in that time besides becoming an ambarrassment and fighting for last place more than fighting for 1st place.

I love when Met fans whine about payroll as if they don't play in the SAME City as the yanks and don't have all the same opportunities to make and spend money. In addition about 90% of the Mets NL pennant winning '00 team was not homegrown and the reason they are pretty good right now is mostly b/c they overpaid for FAs and got salary dumps.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you are going to keep bringing up the past..you have to pipe down.had the mets beaten the yanks in 2000,you know met fans would be making grande movies about it still..bragging still..talking crap still..please.if you say no..you are not being truthful..and this is an honest message board!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!! It seems you Yankee fans are the jealous ones. These threads are stupid at best. My team is beter than yours, my uniform is prettier, we have the most ws, etc., etc., etc..

Some you guys (from both tems) need to get a grip on it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    These threads are stupid at best. My team is beter than yours, my uniform is prettier, we have the most ws, etc., etc., etc..

Some you guys (from both tems) need to get a grip on it.
    True - that's exactly why Met fans should not bother posting in this thread - (and the same goes for Yankee fans in Met threads) - there's no point, no one is going to convert anyone, it will almost always lead to my-team-is-better-than-yours...

neckboy you are a perfect example of what not to do - you see a Yankee thread and you can't help yourself - you have to jump in and say "man, you guys are so LAME". Grow up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree , who cares who has a better record in New York. It would have only matter to me if the Mets played in the AL east and vice versa.The only record I want to be better than is other folks in the AL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to show a side note to this thread. Today the Mets have the best record in NY. What does this mean. NOTHING.....

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/standings/index.jsp