Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Sheffield out until Sept.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary Sheffield out until Sept.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That blows. But I'm much more worried about their pitching. Plus, you don't need an allstar at every position to win.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not worried about it , we'll get through it. It gives our kids more experience.A championship team is made up of the youth and the old .Our pitching rotation has to stay consistent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    Not worried about it , we'll get through it. It gives our kids more experience.A championship team is made up of the youth and the old .Our pitching rotation has to stay consistent.
    it's all about the pitching. sure it hurts but the lineup can get through it imo. but i've said it before and i'll say it again, this team needs another pitcher, and a young one at that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yankees still have enough firepower.

the most important players on the Yankees are either Mike Mussina or Mariano Rivera.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Yankees still have enough firepower.

the most important players on the Yankees are either Mike Mussina or Mariano Rivera.
    bingo

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    bingo
    If one of them goes down for an extended period, the Yankees are in deep ****.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    it's all about the pitching. sure it hurts but the lineup can get through it imo. but i've said it before and i'll say it again, this team needs another pitcher, and a young one at that.
    I agree ,but at what cost. I want Melky to stay put, he's maturing every game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We know that, they are in the same boat as Pedro and Glavine. A season can have wear and tear on older pitches..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    and that is why they need to add a pitcher.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's a good question. i love melky but if the deal comes around (not jim edmonds or another bat like emlave says) for a young pitcher you have to pull the trigger.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that's a very big problem for the Yanks... he's a great bat with a ton of firepower. I think the only other Yank who mantches him in striking fear in pitchers is A-Rod, and everyone knwos he's a mental midget.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    I think that's a very big problem for the Yanks... he's a great bat with a ton of firepower. I think the only other Yank who mantches him in striking fear in pitchers is A-Rod, and everyone knwos he's a mental midget.
    I think thats true that he has lot of firepower , though you could win with solid
    pitching and defense plus timely hitting. Pitching is the big question mark!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets Sheffield take a permanent vacation

Thats the best news yet, Sheffield is done. Its time to add some youth instead of bringing in these old has beens. I look at Cabrera and see a kid that wants to win does anybody think Sheffield or Matsui would have went after the ball to prevent that HR like Cabrera did. No way all Sheffield cares about is when his next check hits his account. The Yankees will never win another World series until they get rid of has beens like Sheffield, Randy Johnson ect. Im a big Yankee fan I grew up in Yankee stadium I know when Steinbrenner keeps his hands off and lets the young talent come up from Columbus the Yankees have plenty of success. Look at the 90s the reason the yankees won 4 world series because Steinbrenner was banned it allowed young players like Jeter, Posada, Williams, Rivera, Petite ect to build a young core of players that allowed them to run the table year after year. Steinbrenner didnt buy a championship the Yankee Farm system gave them a solid core of players to build around. Right now I would like to see what Thompson could do that guy was a 300 bat in the minors Just look how good Cabrera and philips have done since be given the oppurtunity.
    I still cant believe from some the post I've seen on this board and others that some fans still buy into Steinbrenners mirage of trading Young players for garbage like sheffield. That yankees are leading the league in RBIs without the great sheffield or Matsui Coincidence I think not these kids are hungry and want to win plus they are physically able to. I say add some more youth maybe bring up Phillip Hughes and maybe that will light a fire under Johnsons rear.
    Last edited by nyjets1969; 06-08-2006 at 06:27 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soriano in the outfield wearing pinstripes next year? It's possible...he's a free agent, he loved the Yanks, and I always thought he would return at some point.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Look for the Yankees to add either Tori Hunter or Alfonso Soriano real soon.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET

Why to add more head cases like Sheffield why change a linup that leads the league in RBIs. the Yankees are 10-2 without sheffield or Matsui. What is the fasination with wow if its not a popular player who has a reputation we have to replace him the problem is pitching. not losing Sheffield. people are getting a disease named Steinbrenneritis which is the dilusion that popular players win championships.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    No Hunter, and for what price for Soriano . I think we should wait for him next year. Let the kids play.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say we package arod for a pitcher and a 3rd baseman..I know I'm going to hear **** about this..but I dont care..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anytime a bat like Shef. goes down it has to hurt. Will the young guys carry them?? So far they have but time will tell. You can bet that Stienbrener wallet is itching to add that certain player. I agree with the Yankee fans that say they should go with the youth. All of this makes for interesting baseball talk.