Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT Transformers.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23]Dude, Voltron kicks serious ass! That is an awesome find. :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. That was a badass cartoon (the "Lion" version was my favorite). That was the first ongoing cartoon of the 1980s that actually had character development with Sven's injury and Princess Allura taking over the Blue lion. Plus, they actually had the death of a major character in Lotor. Voltron Rules!

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    I loved Voltron too...I rememer getting the full sized action figure which was like 2 feet tall when you assemnbled all the lions. One of my favorite toys ever...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ChanTheMaster]I loved Voltron too...I rememer getting the full sized action figure which was like 2 feet tall when you assemnbled all the lions. One of my favorite toys ever...[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah!

I still got that joint in the original box in my parents house. It's in okay shape but... It is actually from the original Japanese version of the Lions rather than the American version (the cover writing is all in Japanese). My local toy store was basicly a black market for Japanese toy sales in the states. I wished I had taken bet care of it. But heck, I was having fun with those lions!

[QUOTE=LIDeadHead]Heres the cars they will use:

[url]http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/31/new-chevy-camaro-to-star-transformers-movie/#more-2894[/url][/QUOTE]

[i][color=red]The Chevrolet Camaro Concept will star in the forthcoming “Transformers” movie, which is due for release on July 4th, 2007 (07-04-07). The film — which was first announced last year — is a collaboration between Paramount, DreamWorks, and Hasbro. Apparently, “Bumblebee” is going to start out as a 1970s Camaro, and then be rebuilt as a 2008/2009 Camaro.

[b]Meanwhile, “Starscream” is going to be an F-22 Raptor, and “Optimus Prime” is going to be a fire truck.[/b] Judging by the license plate on the new Camaro, tuner Saleen also has involvement with the project. A Saleen Mustang police car will also appear in the film. Full image gallery after the jump…[/i][/color]

I'm going to be so pissed if this isn't generation 1. WTF is this about Prime being a fire truck? That's complete horse sh!t.

I've been waiting my whole life for this movie. They better not f.ck it up.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SMC]Hell yeah!

I still got that joint in the original box in my parents house. It's in okay shape but... It is actually from the original Japanese version of the Lions rather than the American version (the cover writing is all in Japanese). My local toy store was basicly a black market for Japanese toy sales in the states. I wished I had taken bet care of it. But heck, I was having fun with those lions![/QUOTE]
    I'm actually jealous right now. I totally lost mine and have no idea where it is. I remember that some Aunt on my dad's side (dad's side always gave the worst presents) got me some cheap miniature plastic knock off version and I begrudgingly made due with that until my Mom came through with the real thing... Damn that brings back memories...

All Pro
    I wish I had mines to . Do anybody remember the last episode of Voltron when it
    was to be continued and they never showed part two. What ever happened to that lost episode. I was pissed for the whole year. Do anybody else recall.

[QUOTE=Jet Fumes]
    "Coronation Starscream...? This is bad comedy!"

"I belong to no body!"
    "Perhaps I misjudged you...? Proceed then... ON YOUR WAY TO OBLIVIAN!"[/QUOTE]

:D I loved the part where Galvatron just destroys Starscream and then he says "Does anyone else want to fill Starscream's shoes?"

All Pro
    Do anybody else remember the debate that starscream said Oh **** in the movie.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=IRONFAN 40]I wish I had mines to . Do anybody remember the last episode of Voltron when it
    was to be continued and they never showed part two. What ever happened to that lost episode. I was pissed for the whole year. Do anybody else recall.[/QUOTE]
    You guys have great memories. I only remember the toys and how col they were. I think it was the last "toy" I played with before video games became the toy of choice...

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Warfish]So, thinking about the original Tramsformers: The Movie.....

....was anyone else just devastated as a kid when the movie started, and they just started capp'in guys left and right?

Death, like real permanent death, in a kids cartoon? Hell, they killed half the originals in the first five minutes, and by movies end 99% of them were dead it seemed. Kinda disturbing as a kid.[/QUOTE]

It was really sad seeing all those guys die, I cried in th theater....I bought the DVD a few years ago, it was bad....really bad. Didn't at all live up to my memories

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PYPER][i][color=red]The Chevrolet Camaro Concept will star in the forthcoming “Transformers” movie, which is due for release on July 4th, 2007 (07-04-07). The film — which was first announced last year — is a collaboration between Paramount, DreamWorks, and Hasbro. Apparently, “Bumblebee” is going to start out as a 1970s Camaro, and then be rebuilt as a 2008/2009 Camaro.

[b]Meanwhile, “Starscream” is going to be an F-22 Raptor, and “Optimus Prime” is going to be a fire truck.[/b] Judging by the license plate on the new Camaro, tuner Saleen also has involvement with the project. A Saleen Mustang police car will also appear in the film. Full image gallery after the jump…[/i][/color]

I'm going to be so pissed if this isn't generation 1. WTF is this about Prime being a fire truck? That's complete horse sh!t.

I've been waiting my whole life for this movie. They better not f.ck it up.[/QUOTE]

its things like this that get me annoyed...bumblebee as a camaro?!..prime as a fire truck?!...least they got starscream right, but if they try to turn soundwave into an XM satellite radio my head might explode...

Hall Of Fame
    I wouldn't buy into any other site than Michael Bay's as far what Bumble Bee and Prime are going to look like.

As for Prime the Original Voice of Optimus was voiced over by Peter Cullen.

And he has auditioned for the part.