Thread: Chili Recipe

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking for a Chili Recipe

I was wondering if anyone has a good chili recipe, I keep trying all different things. No beans with chunks of barbequed beef and ground beef. Beans with ground up sausage and pieces of hot peppers. Ground turkey with beans. I was just looking for new ideas.
    Last edited by New York Mick; 06-11-2006 at 08:02 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=New York Mick]I was wondering if anyone has a good chili recipe, I keep trying all different things. No beans with chunks of barbequed beef and ground beef. Beans with ground up sausage and pieces of hot peppers. Ground turkey with beans. I was just looking for new ideas.[/QUOTE]

OK... I sort of cheat by using Wick Fowler's 2-Alarm Chili kit. It consists of premeasured spice packets that you add to your own ground (choice of meat), tomato sauce, and water. I add beans, extra onions, and a little dired chipotle for a smokier taste. I also either roast corn kernels, or barbeque an ear to add at the end. I like the corn taste and it adds yet another color and texture to the chili. The kit supplies masa which is a corn flower and works great as a thickening agent, but if it's not thick enough for you then I add severely crushed up tortilla chips... you just have to watch not to overdo the salt content with that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Enrique Pallazzo]OK... I sort of cheat by using Wick Fowler's 2-Alarm Chili kit. It consists of premeasured spice packets that you add to your own ground (choice of meat), tomato sauce, and water. I add beans, extra onions, and a little dired chipotle for a smokier taste. I also either roast corn kernels, or barbeque an ear to add at the end. I like the corn taste and it adds yet another color and texture to the chili. The kit supplies masa which is a corn flower and works great as a thickening agent, but if it's not thick enough for you then I add severely crushed up tortilla chips... you just have to watch not to overdo the salt content with that.[/QUOTE]
    That sounds good, I never thought of putting corn in the chili. I have seen a few chili packets, I try to find that one.