Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: How old are you?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turned 38 on 6/6/06.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet]I turned 45 on May 22nd.[/QUOTE]

47 on that same day.

Don't shoot me. I can still remember my name; I just have to look at my mail. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    56 :eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    22 may 29th, '84

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=savage69]Including?? :P Your in Roslyn? Do you remember the Intimate Room or the Salem Inn??[/QUOTE]

I had a drink (sort of) with Billy Joel at US Blues in 1980 in Roslyn. My Fathers place, The Chateau, ...

I am vague on the Salem Inn, but it sounds very familiar

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    17 in a few weeks

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WCO]I had a drink (sort of) with Billy Joel at US Blues in 1980 in Roslyn. My Fathers place, The Chateau, ...

I am vague on the Salem Inn, but it sounds very familiar[/QUOTE]
    When Joel started out he was in a band called the Hassles! They were all in my school! Matter of fact when Joel came in he replaced a friend of mine on the Keyboard!They used to play at My House in Plainview(That was the name of the Club) My Fathers place I know well and Joel used to come to my Mud wrestling show at Rum Runners! The intimate room and the Salem were Topless Bars! My office was in the Salem! That was Port Washington!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    29...30 in less then 4 months... :steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [SIZE=6][B]38 *****es!!!!!!

"Brooklyn Rocks to the planet Rock. Don't stop"[/B][/SIZE]
    :D :D
    [SIZE=5][B]
    The Soul Sonic Force!!!!![/B][/SIZE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=savage69]Including?? :P Your in Roslyn? Do you remember the Intimate Room or the Salem Inn??[/QUOTE]
    Including because you're the only one here older than me. I just moved here last year. I'm a Queens boy (still feel like a boy). I don't really know those places but Salem Inn sounds familiar. My Father's Place was great I knew that the mention of hangouts on the North Shore would bring out my buddy WCO)!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    just turned 19

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Including because you're the only one here older than me. I just moved here last year. I'm a Queens boy (still feel like a boy). I don't really know those places but Salem Inn sounds familiar. My Father's Place was great I knew that the mention of hangouts on the North Shore would bring out my buddy WCO)![/QUOTE]

Queens?? How about Gordon's,Gallaghers,Harry's 1,Dumbarton Oaks or Lucky's Lounge to name a few! ;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=savage69]When Joel started out he was in a band called the Hassles! They were all in my school! Matter of fact when Joel came in he replaced a friend of mine on the Keyboard!They used to play at My House in Plainview(That was the name of the Club) My Fathers place I know well and Joel used to come to my Mud wrestling show at Rum Runners! The intimate room and the Salem were Topless Bars! My office was in the Salem! That was Port Washington![/QUOTE]

Rum Runners!!! :eek: I remember that!

I used to drive for Delux Taxi in Port. "Pick up Salem Inn..." I am drawing a vague picture...this is 1980 as well...

How about this, Savage?

[QUOTE] Salem Inn, Inc. v. Frank, 381 F.Supp. 859 (E.D.N.Y., 1974)

SALEM INN, INC., and M & L Rest, Inc., Plaintiffs,
    v.
    Louis J. FRANK, Individually and as Police Commissioner of Nassau County, et al., Defendants.

No. 74-C-1108.

United States District Court, E. D. New York.

September 10, 1974.

Page 860

Kassner & Detsky, New York City, for plaintiffs; Herbert S. Kassner, New York City, of counsel.

Joseph Jaspan, County Atty. Nassau County, Mineola, N. Y., for defendant Louis J. Frank.

Joseph H. Darago and Joseph A. Guarino, Manhasset, N. Y., for defendant Frank Doran.

Ressa & Nappi, Port Washington, N. Y., for defendant Howard Einhorn; Ralph A. Nappi, Port Washington, N. Y., of counsel.

BARTELS, District Judge.

This is the second attempt of the [B]Town of North Hempstead[/B] by ordinance to prevent "topless" dancing within its boundaries. Plaintiffs, owners of two bars in North Hempstead featuring topless dancing, bring this action pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2201, seeking a preliminary injunction, a permanent injunction and a declaratory judgment against the enforcement of Chapter 11 of the Code

Page 861

of the Town of North Hempstead1 charging a violation of their civil rights under 42 U.S.C. § 1983. The ordinance prohibits owners or operators of cabarets, bars, lounges, dance halls, discotheques, restaurants, or coffee shops from permitting any waitress, barmaid, female entertainer or any other female person in the employ thereof to appear before the public with uncovered breasts, and likewise forbids any female person to appear with uncovered breasts in any of the said places. A fine of up to $500 and imprisonment of up to one year are provided for each offense. Unlike the ordinance enjoined in September, 1973, Salem Inn, Inc. v. Frank, 364 F.Supp. 478 (E.D.N.Y.1973), affirmed, 501 F.2d 18 (2d Cir., 1974), ("Salem Inn I"), this ordinance applies only to the above enumerated places and not to "any other public place." In all other relevant respects the ordinance is identical.

Page 862

After the passage of the new ordinance on July 23, 1974, arrests were made of the owner and two of the dancers at the Interlude Lounge, a plaintiff in the earlier action. Upon hearing of these arrests plaintiffs Salem Inn, Inc. and M & L Rest, Inc. immediately terminated topless dancing because of their fear of arrest and instituted this action for an injunction and declaratory judgment on the grounds that the ordinance violates the First Amendment by placing an overbroad restriction on constitutionally protected speech and the Equal Protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment by restricting its application to certain enumerated places.

I

Defendants assert that this is a proper case for abstention, citing Younger v. Harris, 401 U.S. 37, 91 S.Ct. 746, 27 L.Ed.2d 669 (1971); Samuels v. Mackell, 401 U.S. 66, 91 S.Ct. 764, 27 L. Ed.2d 688 (1971). They contend... [/QUOTE]

So it's North Hempstead. By 25A??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ill be 31 in August

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attached Images Attached Images

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=savage69]Queens?? How about Gordon's,Gallaghers,Harry's 1,Dumbarton Oaks or Lucky's Lounge to name a few! ;)[/QUOTE]
    Sorry the names sound familiar but don't really know the places. Hey with your background I think that SAR might be able to use your expertise with his oil pool.

I bet you have some great stories to tell about past adventures.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WCO]Rum Runners!!! :eek: I remember that!

I used to drive for Delux Taxi in Port. "Pick up Salem Inn..." I am drawing a vague picture...this is 1980 as well...

How about this, Savage?

So it's North Hempstead. By 25A??[/QUOTE]

Herbie Kassner was our Lawyer and I was arrested in the Interlude bust! Just one of my 37.. :P Port Taxi you took alot of my Dancers to the Train!! ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    31 in November. Suprised I'm not dead yet, frankly.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    40 with a pickeled liver.. :yes: