Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not only the Kings of Queens...but all NY!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Let's Go Mets !

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Please let us know when they hand out the trophy for being in first place in June.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    your right its june... you already won the world series

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    While Yankee fans may not like it, it's great for New York and baseball. NYC is no longer a one horse town. I am sure the Yankee's will bounce back but the shift is in the wind and THE METS ARE COMING.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea man Lets go Mets!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's nonsense on a slow sports news day when both teams are off. They are just rtying to create controversy, so far the Mets have ben better but it's a LONG season. A year ago the Mets were better than the Yanks at this time and how did it end up? and the last few years the Mets have had very good 1st halfs only to fade when it matters most so while they look real good now let's see where both teams are at in a few months.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    While Yankee fans may not like it, it's great for New York and baseball. NYC is no longer a one horse town. I am sure the Yankee's will bounce back but the shift is in the wind and THE METS ARE COMING.

As a Yankee fan I like that the Mets are good but just over 2 mos into a 6mo season it's a wee bit early to make proclamations that the Mets are better. As of now they are but as "bad" as we've been and as "great" as the Mets have been we have just 3 more losses and that's due to losing the last 4 so 4 days ago we had the better record and now the Mets have a good weeek and we struggle at the end of a week and all of a sudden we suck and the Mets are great.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet
    Please let us know when they hand out the trophy for being in first place in June.
    there is no WS in april, no WS in may, no WS in June.....god i wanna hear what you guys are going to come up with in October when the Skankies are playing golf.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    As a Yankee fan I like that the Mets are good but just over 2 mos into a 6mo season it's a wee bit early to make proclamations that the Mets are better. As of now they are but as "bad" as we've been and as "great" as the Mets have been we have just 3 more losses and that's due to losing the last 4 so 4 days ago we had the better record and now the Mets have a good weeek and we struggle at the end of a week and all of a sudden we suck and the Mets are great.
    while i do think you are trying to be objective......the mets are a better team in almost all areas of the game.....i dont see how starting pitching, releif pitching and team speed are even debatable......and then ill argue on hitting, and team defense....because i do think Arod is a regular season beast and him and jeter are both gold glove players.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    while i do think you are trying to be objective......the mets are a better team in almost all areas of the game.....i dont see how starting pitching, releif pitching and team speed are even debatable......and then ill argue on hitting, and team defense....because i do think Arod is a regular season beast and him and jeter are both gold glove players.
    You think Solr based on 2 starts is going to b great? if not you have 2 reliable starters, we have 1 but overall our rotation is better. Your middle of hr pen is better but our closer is better. our lineup is better- even w/ all the injuries we've scored 34 more runs. the areas you are better offensively are your best players are clutch while our best player is not and you steal more bases but the bottom line is scoring runs and even w/ our depleted lineup we score alot more than you guys and you've played 1 more game than we have. We should score more runs playing in a more hitter friendly park and you should pitch better being in a more pitcher's friendly park BUT we have had a depleted lineup most of the year and the difference in runs is greater than the difference in ERA where your pitchers are less than half a run better.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You think Solr based on 2 starts is going to b great? if not you have 2 reliable starters, we have 1 but overall our rotation is better. Your middle of hr pen is better but our closer is better. our lineup is better- even w/ all the injuries we've scored 34 more runs. the areas you are better offensively are your best players are clutch while our best player is not and you steal more bases but the bottom line is scoring runs and even w/ our depleted lineup we score alot more than you guys and you've played 1 more game than we have. We should score more runs playing in a more hitter friendly park and you should pitch better being in a more pitcher's friendly park BUT we have had a depleted lineup most of the year and the difference in runs is greater than the difference in ERA where your pitchers are less than half a run better.
    The yankees don't have a single thing on the mets right now. Not a rotation, bullpen, bench, infield, outfield, lineup, depth, or farm system. The only things the yanks have now that I would want are jeter at ss and steinbrenner as an owner.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets
    The yankees don't have a single thing on the mets right now. Not a rotation, bullpen, bench, infield, outfield, lineup, depth, or farm system. The only things the yanks have now that I would want are jeter at ss and steinbrenner as an owner.
    If that's true and we don't have a single thing on the Mets isn't it amazing playing in a tougher div and league w/ the injuries we've had to deal w/ that just a few days ago we had a better record than the Mets?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Met fan I just don't want to peak in June....we have a long way to go and we'll have to bury the Phils and Braves completely before we should even care about the Yankees. That being said, I like where we are, considering we have gone through a month that Pedro didn't get a Win and we have kept the backend of the rotaion together with spit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If that's true and we don't have a single thing on the Mets isn't it amazing playing in a tougher div and league w/ the injuries we've had to deal w/ that just a few days ago we had a better record than the Mets?
    Yeah and one of your buddies posted that they were the best team in NY.

Take a deep breath..Smell that summer air. The boys of summer are back and it isn't in Yankee stadium. Even the NYC papers are seeing it and believe me that they are the classic Yankee fans.

I firmly believe the Yanks will bounce back but this year is our year not yours.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    Yeah and one of your buddies posted that they were the best team in NY.

Take a deep breath..Smell that summer air. The boys of summer are back and it isn't in Yankee stadium. Even the NYC papers are seeing it and believe me that they are the classic Yankee fans.

I firmly believe the Yanks will bounce back but this year is our year not yours.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    King of Queens...help me out here, please. I am a Yankee fan since the middle 80's. In my life, other than the 1986 WS when I cheered for you guys, and the 2000 WS when I cheered against you guys, I have never really been able to generate much passion about the Mets. It's not that I dislike or disrespect them, they just aren't really relevant to me as a Yankee fan until the Yanks face them in interleague or the WS.

So, why then do you have such aggression and enthusiasm for flaming Yankee fans? and why are you so thrilled by having a better record than a team that is neither in your division, let alone in your league 1/3 of the way into the season? Degrading nicknames? When did these guys do something to you to make you so bitter? You aren't really cheering for the Mets as much as you are going out of your way to criticize the Yankees. That's not being a fan of a team, that's being a hater of a team...except in this case it isn't really even a rival...I just don't get you.

This isn't an attack on you...I really want to know what is the genesis of your hatred? It really is out of scale for a team that has so little consequence in the well-being of your team.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    King of Queens...help me out here, please. I am a Yankee fan since the middle 80's. In my life, other than the 1986 WS when I cheered for you guys, and the 2000 WS when I cheered against you guys, I have never really been able to generate much passion about the Mets. It's not that I dislike or disrespect them, they just aren't really relevant to me as a Yankee fan until the Yanks face them in interleague or the WS.

So, why then do you have such aggression and enthusiasm for flaming Yankee fans? and why are you so thrilled by having a better record than a team that is neither in your division, let alone in your league 1/3 of the way into the season? Degrading nicknames? When did these guys do something to you to make you so bitter? You aren't really cheering for the Mets as much as you are going out of your way to criticize the Yankees. That's not being a fan of a team, that's being a hater of a team...except in this case it isn't really even a rival...I just don't get you.

This isn't an attack on you...I really want to know what is the genesis of your hatred? It really is out of scale for a team that has so little consequence in the well-being of your team.

isn't it obvious? it's a terrible inferiority complex

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    isn't it obvious? it's a terrible inferiority complex
    I'm sure he will not agree to that. Don't give him that tangent to take off on...I really want to know what stokes the fire of hate he has for the Yankees.

King of Queens where are you? I want to know what your deal is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    I'm sure he will not agree to that. Don't give him that tangent to take off on...I really want to know what stokes the fire of hate he has for the Yankees.

King of Queens where are you? I want to know what your deal is.

Its pretty silly to single out one person and ask him why he acts a certain way, when you have Yankee/Met fans argueing in almost every single thread.

If anyone here says its an inferiority complex, id like to point to the "Best record in ny belongs to" thread. Immature people on each side of town.

Well first of all, i CERTAINLY wouldnt call your rotation better. 5 innings 5 runs seems to be the norm in yankee stadium these days, but im willing to say that its a toss up.

Your right that you guys score more runs than us, but their are only 3 teams in the top 10 in baseball that are from the NL. Obviosuly DH's effect the game and its unfair to compare the two when we have our pitcher batting 4 times a game. I still think if Giambi is playing you guys have a better lineup than us, but i dont think its a huge disparity.

eLOT