Thread: Melky Cabrera

Melky Cabrera

I happen to really like the kid, especially since he's only 21 years old, but his lack of power is quite apparent. I know theirs a chance that he develops some power numbers, but i doubt he's ever more than a 10HR a year hitter.

With all that said, can the Yankees accept having a corner outfielder who hits 10HR's a year? I mean they have a 3ed baseman hitting 40 a year, so maybe that can even things out.

What do the Yankee fans think?

eLOT

All Pro
    As a yankee fan, I hope they put his locker next to Giambi's in hopes that he starts drinking the "leaded" coffee.

ha.

Nah in all seriousness the 96 yankees didn't have a lot of power. and if he can get on base consistantly, there is enough power on the team to bring him around the bases.

All Pro
    I agree , You don't need hr hitters at every position.As long he could continue
    to hit doubles and singles and get better with his defense , he will be alright.
    Good thread elot.

he will be replaced if he doesn't start hitting

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    he will be replaced if he doesn't start hitting
    was today good nough for ya??? finnaly jacked one into the nets behind the left field wall. he's hitting just fine imo. gets on base twice a game.

Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    was today good nough for ya??? finnaly jacked one into the nets behind the left field wall. he's hitting just fine imo. gets on base twice a game.

Yeah, 1 in every 111 is definately good enough

Where did i question whether he can hit or not? I questioned his future power numbers, which are important for corner outfielders.

eLOT

Quote Originally Posted by elot
    Yeah, 1 in every 111 is definately good enough

Where did i question whether he can hit or not? I questioned his future power numbers, which are important for corner outfielders.

eLOT
    not you, i was talking to brooklyn, who said he wasn't hitting. and i don't consider home runs to be the mark of a good hitter. 7-10 hr's would be fine for me. when you've got giambi and arod hitting 40, and jeter, damon, cano, and posada probably hitting 20 each, i don't think its that big of a deal.