Thread: Reggie Sanders???? No Thanks.....

All League

Reggie Sanders???? No Thanks.....

Saw him hit some HRs against the Yanks, thought Reggie Sanders might be a cheap way to help the outfield situation - until I discovered;

• He's 38

• His middle name is Laverne

• He's batting .250

• He's under contract until 07 at $5M+

• The Royals want Philip Hughes for him

Cross him off the list!!!!!

He's also a winner every year, he has a career SLG% of .500, he can steal some bases and plays some good defense.

Definelty a solid pickup for someone.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    He's also a winner every year, he has a career SLG% of .500, he can steal some bases and plays some good defense.

An aging veteran who is a winner? Wasn't that part of the rationale behind the Tony Womack and Kenny Lofton pickups?

"Career" stats are nice, but they don't really help you judge the future potential of a 38 year old guy. Even though Randy Johnson is pitching better lately, I don't think you can value him at his career numbers.

Solid is a big stretch - I would say a decent plug in if KC just wants to dump salary and is asking for low level farm talent in return.

no way in hell i give up the second coming of rocket for reggie sanders. we're trying to reverse this trendof trading away prospects, remember??

Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    no way in hell i give up the second coming of rocket for reggie sanders. we're trying to reverse this trendof trading away prospects, remember??
    I was talking about Sanders in general, he is going to be a good pickup for someone, I never mentioned the Yanks in my post.

I was talking about Sanders in general, he is going to be a good pickup for someone, I never mentioned the Yanks in my post.
    oh, all right then. didn't see that part of the post.