Thread: Unit Suspended five games

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Unit Suspended five games

I gotta say, I am really shocked at this, although I guess I shouldn't be.

Two Yankees got hit, or at least thrown at, and because the Indians did it first, before any warning came, they get away completely free, and Johnson gets a five game suspension for throwing inside.

If you want to throw him out of the game, fine. I don't necessarily agree with it, but if the warning was issued, I guess you have no choice (its BS that warnings are given so quickly though). But to suspend a pitcher for 5 games for throwing inside and protecting his teammate is an outrage.

Johnson did exactly what he was supposed to do. He threw inside at an opposing player, below the shoulders, in retaliation for his players getting hit. Was hitting Posada and buzzing Jeter intentional? Who knows? and, more importantly, who cares? You need to send a message every so often that you aren't going to tolerate your teammates getting hit. That's what RJ did, and he should be commended for it. JJ threw at two Yanks (intentional or not), RJ hits, or throws at Perez, and issue over --everyone moves on.

Perez shouldn't have gotten mad at RJ, he should have taken it up with his own pitcher. Unlike what he said, that's exactly how the game should be played.

Rookie
    where did this come from? for what? he never made contact!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    I gotta say, I am really shocked at this, although I guess I shouldn't be.

Two Yankees got hit, or at least thrown at, and because the Indians did it first, before any warning came, they get away completely free, and Johnson gets a five game suspension for throwing inside.

If you want to throw him out of the game, fine. I don't necessarily agree with it, but if the warning was issued, I guess you have no choice (its BS that warnings are given so quickly though). But to suspend a pitcher for 5 games for throwing inside and protecting his teammate is an outrage.

Johnson did exactly what he was supposed to do. He threw inside at an opposing player, below the shoulders, in retaliation for his players getting hit. Was hitting Posada and buzzing Jeter intentional? Who knows? and, more importantly, who cares? You need to send a message every so often that you aren't going to tolerate your teammates getting hit. That's what RJ did, and he should be commended for it. JJ threw at two Yanks (intentional or not), RJ hits, or throws at Perez, and issue over --everyone moves on.

Perez shouldn't have gotten mad at RJ, he should have taken it up with his own pitcher. Unlike what he said, that's exactly how the game should be played.
    he was only given the five game suspension so he would be forced to miss a start. you can't give a pitcher any less, because then they could serve it on their off day. he souldn't have gotten suspended at all imo, just fined, but it really isn't a "five game" suspension. more like a one start suspension.

WOW. I wonder how Bill Parcells is taking this.

Sorry couldn't resist it..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I honestly don't think Randy should have gotten suspended either..........I just heard that Joe Torre is suspended too........

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    WOW. I wonder how Bill Parcells is taking this.

Sorry couldn't resist it..
    what are you obsessed with me???haha!!
    he will miss one start..water under the bridge..no problem..
    and I told you..I'm on a met love fest!! lets go mets! lets go mets

Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    ok how much worse can anyone replacing johnson do? the guy has an era of 6 last time i checked let me go out there the skankies wont skip a beat.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    ok how much worse can anyone replacing johnson do? the guy has an era of 6 last time i checked let me go out there the skankies wont skip a beat.
    skankies..so original

Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    Not really but ever since you went on a tear about the Mets collapsing I have been on a personal mission. On an interesting side note about collapses:
    From today's NY Daily News. "It would take a collapse of historic proportions for the Mets (42-23) not to reach the playoffs. Since the first World Series in 1903, only 12 other teams have held a 9-1/2-game lead or larger as play opened on June 16. None has failed to reach the postseason. Five - all hailing from New York - won the World Series: the '98, '53 and '39 Yankees, '86 Mets and '55 Dodgers."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-360290c.html

Now do you really believe we will collapse??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    Not really but ever since you went on a tear about the Mets collapsing I have been on a personal mission. On an interesting side note about collapses:
    From today's NY Daily News. "It would take a collapse of historic proportions for the Mets (42-23) not to reach the playoffs. Since the first World Series in 1903, only 12 other teams have held a 9-1/2-game lead or larger as play opened on June 16. None has failed to reach the postseason. Five - all hailing from New York - won the World Series: the '98, '53 and '39 Yankees, '86 Mets and '55 Dodgers."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-360290c.html

Now do you really believe we will collapse??
    I am only saying that I have been down this road before with the mets fans going crazy in june-july-august..and then the braves would spank them in september..and they were the wild card..

let me ask you this..
    pedro,billy wagner and el duque are all susceptible to tired /injured shoulders /arms..now..if the mets lose those guys for any period of time,who will step up and pickup the slack??trachsel??please..

el duque will wear down if they keep using him like they are..and so will pedro..
    so thats why I wouldn't be doing jumping jacks right now..thats all..buddy!!

All League
    Well they won today without Torre!

And due to the offday on Thursday, Unit will start on Monday
    Moose on Tuesday
    Wright on Wednesday
    Chacon on Friday
    Wang on Saturday
    Moose on Sunday
    and then Johnson on Monday, then back to Wright etc...

So really all this has done is make Moose face Florida, and Johnson face Atlanta, instead of Moose facing Atlanta and Johnson facing Florida. Not a huge deal, just flip flops them in the order. Oh and it makes Johnson lose money, but I doubt that matters much.

Gotta love MLB's pathetic suspension rules with appeals.