Thread: Interesting Mets Article in the Post....

All Pro

Interesting Mets Article in the Post....

I know I"m going to get killed for this because I"m a Yankee fans, but I just want some feedback from Met fans on Kevin Kernan opinion about the Mets.And
    also Arroyo's comments.I"m not bashing the Mets ,or anything .It just seems interesting what he brought out!!http://www.nypost.com/sports/mets/do...vin_kernan.htm

I can't believe people get paid for writing garbage like this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Didn't they just win 9 of 10 ON THE ROAD? Wow, lose a game or two following that and someone seizes his one opportunity all year to post a negative article on a team with an 8 1/2 game lead.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Funny. I don't see any realistic Met fan talking about this lineup like it is murderers row. But the article is pretty much trash.

Jets Insider VIP
    Man we have to realize that no one will ever give the Mets the credit they deserve they say oh well this is the Yankees town why because they won 26 World Series? Ok but that doesnt mean that every year from now on they will be the best team in New York and Baseball. That shows you that the New York media is one sided and writes what everyone else does. The Mets are doing awesome right now what more can you want from a team than playing fundamentaly sound baseball having everyone on your team contribute to winning a ball game off the bench Franco Chavez Woodward and our starting 8 lets go down the line shall we?
    Starting 8:
    Reyes: hot right now gets on base when he needs to and over half the time he gets on base we score.
    Lo Duca: Hes not the hottest player in the line up but contributes with big hits and gets on base also. And is a really good catcher whio controls the game, can throw people out too.
    Beltran:HOT right now he is showing what he can do when he is healthy and he is coming up huuugge with the power scoring runs.
    Delgado: He is in a little bit of a slump jesus hes only human but he will soon turn it around and will keep on pounding the ball.
    Wright: God nothing else to say best 3rd baseman in the league for years to come.
    Valentin: This guy has been a savior at 2nd for us and thats not his natural position he has stepped up big for us.
    Nady: Hes back and will start to get hot again just give him a few games.
    Chavez: Awesome in the field gets to the ball has a real gun and gets on base when needed.

That seems like a really good ball club that will win the N.L. East and maybe all of the N.L. and we will see what lies beyong October.

Our pitching rotation isnt the best but a few aquisitions will help us out. If Pedro and Glavine stay healthy and Bannister gets back quickly we will be set.
    Last edited by SBIII; 06-20-2006 at 04:04 PM.

All Pro
    I agree ,he is low balling the Mets.Wright is hot and Beltran has just been a complete 360 from last year.And the pitching has been good.I think he just wanted to be different from the other writers...

Jets Insider VIP
    Did you like that lol. I got my agression out.

Not to piss off Yankee fans but i bet this guy ia one of your fans.

The Mets always seem to have a problem when they face a pitcher for the first time, especially if they have never seen him.

B]Lo Duca[/B]: Hes not the hottest player in the line up but contributes with big hits and gets on base also. And is a really good catcher whio controls the game, can throw people out too.
    He is in a terrible slump, throws out 20% of runners, and has 12 walks on the year for a .315 OBP.
    Last edited by IM3; 06-20-2006 at 05:35 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ikey you always have to prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Ikey you always have to prove me wrong.
    The rest of your post is accurate however.

Don't forget about Cornelius Floyd though.

Jets Insider VIP
    thanx. I didnt put Floyd because hes on the dl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Its Game Time.