Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking at David Wright Right Now

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at David Wright Right Now

Mets fans -

I work at MLB.com, and David Wright is here doing an interview right now. It should be streaming on the website if you're interested. Going to try to meet him and get a picture when he's done. Don't know if that's unprofessional. I'll let you know.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty cool guy... was on his way out, but let me snap a shot w/ the camera phone.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome man...Out of mere curiousity, how did you land your job w/ mlb...I am trying to get into the industry...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneChrebet
    That's awesome man...Out of mere curiousity, how did you land your job w/ mlb...I am trying to get into the industry...
    craigslist actually... more specifically, what do you wanna do?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everytime I've met an actor or celebrity they almost always seem a lot smaller than I thought they would be. And when I meet football players, basketball players they always seem larger than I thought; so how was David Wrights' physical presence? He doesn't come across on TV as a big player.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    Everytime I've met an actor or celebrity they almost always seem a lot smaller than I thought they would be. And when I meet football players, basketball players they always seem larger than I thought; so how was David Wrights' physical presence? He doesn't come across on TV as a big player.
    He's solid... but he's not big... by comparassion im 6'3, so he looks shorter... but no, he's not a big dude at all... he's definitely solid though...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    He's solid... but he's not big... by comparassion im 6'3, so he looks shorter... but no, he's not a big dude at all... he's definitely solid though...
    He's gotta have a weight lifters build to hit the baseball as far as he does. Anyway thanks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's gotta have a weight lifters build to hit the baseball as far as he does. Anyway thanks.
    Yeah, definitely... he had all the girls oogling too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good looking, well built, multi millionaire soon to be, star in the big apple.....................I wouldn't doubt it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is he the heir to Jeter's crown for wheeling broads in the Big Apple?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I played blackjack with patrick ewing in atlantic city in the early 90's..the table was on fire..and I high fived him..I am 6 foot 1 and all I saw was nostrel holes!!! the guy is huge!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    was kingofqueens oogling too??you know he has that sweatheart teeny bopper avatar of david wright..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    I am 6 foot 1 and all I saw was nostrel holes!!! the guy is huge!!!
    And so are those nostril holes !!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    craigslist actually... more specifically, what do you wanna do?
    Honestly I really don't know, my degree is mgt and marketing but that never really means much, I am not really familiar with what is out there yet since I just graduated so I am kinda just gathering info and what not...I use craiglist alot and never have seen anything liek MLB listed, that's crazy....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneChrebet
    Honestly I really don't know, my degree is mgt and marketing but that never really means much, I am not really familiar with what is out there yet since I just graduated so I am kinda just gathering info and what not...I use craiglist alot and never have seen anything liek MLB listed, that's crazy....
    Yeah, I told my mom I got a call from MLB today... she asked me what they wanted... I told them they were looking for a new shortstop... she was like... what?!?!? she'll believe anything.

Officially im with MLB Advanced Media... which is the multimedia dept of MLB.com... the site made like 600 million last year, mostly from multimedia... of which, my cut is way to small....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    was kingofqueens oogling too??you know he has that sweatheart teeny bopper avatar of david wright..
    i believe he was... i was lucky to sneak in and snap that picture.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Todays Cinncy Met game David Wright hits a ddinger to tie the game. This guy is red hot right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wright two homers to give the Mets a 6-4 lead. 17th of the season. He's on fire right now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wright two homers to give the Mets a 6-4 lead. 17th of the season. He's on fire right now.
    I'm pretty sure its the picture he took with me... good luck... soon ill be sitting in the dugout.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop it. You'll have B.Parcells....