Thread: Yankee Stadium...

Yankee Stadium...

I'm going to the Stadium on July 1 for Mets/Yanks. I'm a Mets fan, what do you guys think about wearing Mets gear, will it be safe? Ive never been there to see the Mets. I'm sitting in the upper deck behind home plate.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy5784
    I'm going to the Stadium on July 1 for Mets/Yanks. I'm a Mets fan, what do you guys think about wearing Mets gear, will it be safe? Ive never been there to see the Mets. I'm sitting in the upper deck behind home plate.

You'll have no problem...i wore it last year, as long as you don't act like an a$$ you'll be fine. There's so many Mets fans at the games you just get lost in the flood.

I'll be hitting up that game as well...looking like trachsel unfortunately..

Luckily i'm also heading up to boston for the thurs night game...looking like glavine/beckett for that one...granted i missed pedro by a night, but this is one hell of a matchup.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You'll hear some comments, but nothing like a Philly or Raiders game. I've sported the orange and blue there a few times, including last year and Seaver's 300th. I'll be at the 7/2 game.

All League
    You'll be fine. I went to one of the Mets/Yanks game at Yankee stadium last year wearing my Mets jersey and nothing more than some good natured ribbing happened. You'll be surprised at the number of Mets fan you'll see in the Bronx....Mets fans even got the "Let's Go Mets" chant going at Yankee Stadium last year!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    You'll hear some comments, but nothing like a Philly or Raiders game. I've sported the orange and blue there a few times, including last year and Seaver's 300th. I'll be at the 7/2 game.

You wore a Met shirt at a Raider game and they gave you grief?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I go every year (except for this one) and always wear Met gear, and have never had a real problem.

If you are looking for a fight, you probably can find one. If you are looking to root for the Mets and not get in anyone's face, you should be fine.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofqueens718
    You'll be fine. I went to one of the Mets/Yanks game at Yankee stadium last year wearing my Mets jersey and nothing more than some good natured ribbing happened. You'll be surprised at the number of Mets fan you'll see in the Bronx....Mets fans even got the "Let's Go Mets" chant going at Yankee Stadium last year!

you are lucky i wasn't there!

As a Yankee fan who has been to a bunch of Yanks-Mets games- you can and should wear whatever gear you want. The only fans who get any real grief are Sox fans and even then, its minimal. Its nothing like football- I like enjoy an educated fan of the opposition at a baseball game- it makes it more fun. At a Jets game...that's a different story!