Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ozzie at it again.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Ozzie at it again.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    this guy is such trash, doesn't anyone realize that? he is the most classless manager in baseball right now -- and everyone in chicago loves him! why, because he won a world series? that was a hell of a strong team, it didn't take a ton of brains to win with that team. I hate Ozzie, and by association the White Sox, so much.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hes a piece of ****.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pulie put that on the sports hook up lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares, Parcells would love to do this stuff but knows that a white guy can't get away with it as easily...F PC

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS

He should have said, "jag".............There's no disputing calling Marioatti that...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanTheMaster
    Who cares, Parcells would love to do this stuff but knows that a white guy can't get away with it as easily...F PC

that's a different situation. Parcells cursed at the media a lot but if you think about it, he had more of an excuse to do so. If the Jets dropped 4 games in a row and Parcells was venting frustration, that's understandable. If the White Sox drop 4 in a row, who cares, it's out of 162 games. You get my drift? In other words, I think football coaches are under a lot more pressure from the media than baseball managers. Not to mention that Bill never called out a specific report, had an on going feud with him, and called him a fag.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont see anything wrong with what he said. Mariotti is a fag.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    that's a different situation. Parcells cursed at the media a lot but if you think about it, he had more of an excuse to do so. If the Jets dropped 4 games in a row and Parcells was venting frustration, that's understandable. If the White Sox drop 4 in a row, who cares, it's out of 162 games. You get my drift? In other words, I think football players are under a lot more pressure from the media. Not to mention Bill never called out a specific report, had an on going feud with him, and called him a fag.
    But who cares, can you honestly tell me that behind close doors, amongst close friends, you've never called someone a fag, or a homo or a queer, etc...

I'm tired of the growing disparity between the real persona and the public one...People need to lighten up, who cares if the manager of the White Sox said the word fag...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hes a piece of ****.
    Because he says what's on his mind?

So writers are immune from criticism? A writer can constantly rip a player or manager but can never be subjective to the same treatment? Please...

As for the name calling. This country has become so sensitive and PC and basically lacks common sense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What if Marriotis children read that what will they think of there dad they have to go to school and get made fun of you dont do that to some one publicly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eh, I can't get too worked up over this. Me and the people I know always use the word fag. Doesn't mean we are homophobes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What if Marriotis children read that what will they think of there dad they have to go to school and get made fun of you dont do that to some one publicly.
    Read his columns....He trashes players and coaches, constantly!!!! His next positive comment about someone will be his first

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanTheMaster
    But who cares, can you honestly tell me that behind close doors, amongst close friends, you've never called someone a fag, or a homo or a queer, etc...

I'm tired of the growing disparity between the real persona and the public one...People need to lighten up, who cares if the manager of the White Sox said the word fag...

yea, you're right. but I still think there is something to be said for being a classy manager and promoting a class organization. just because they are local guys, look at willie randolph and joe torre. great managers who are very classy guys. I really think that kind of attitude promotes a positive tone in the clubhouse and leads to better overall performance and player growth

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Price of public life, and besides if I was marginally in public life, my kids would have a different last name. I've got kids so I'm well aware of the "protecting the kids" argument, but ultimately, its not a big deal especially if his stupid media brethren wouldn't make a big deal out of it...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea, you're right. but I still think there is something to be said for being a classy manager and promoting a class organization. just because they are local guys, look at willie randolph and joe torre. great managers who are very classy guys. I really think that kind of attitude promotes a positive tone in the clubhouse and leads to better overall performance and player growth
    That's an entirely different thing. If I was running a business I wouldn't tolerate it because it could and would affect my wallet. These other guys are just offended because they are PC pansies...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Eh, I can't get too worked up over this. Me and the people I know always use the word fag. Doesn't mean we are homophobes.
    Yeah right you friggen fag...Just look at your sig...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Players love playing for Ozzie because they know he'll stick up for them. He'll tell them when they're playing great but also tell them when they are stinking up the joint.....No hidden agendas with Ozzie.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn it wrong Ozzy.