Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: mets to possibly represent big time at the AS game....

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,047
    Post Thanks / Like

    mets to possibly represent big time at the AS game....

    reyes..wright..beltran..LoDuca..all leading vote getters....Glavine and Pedro being considered as the starter..Delgado second in 1st baseman voting.

    i personaly havent see anything like this........

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    reyes..wright..beltran..LoDuca..all leading vote getters....Glavine and Pedro being considered as the starter..Delgado second in 1st baseman voting.

    i personaly havent see anything like this........
    About time we're getting some respect.

    Considering this game will determine home field for the world series its important for us to do well there IMO, then again...with how we're playing on the road we might want to lose it.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's been a long time baby.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whole team should just play the american league

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    The whole team should just play the american league
    Itll basically be the the Mets vs. the Yankees/Red Sox.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    it would be great to see Tommy Gun start the game, i think him starting the allstar game, having this type of a year and possibly pitching in the playoffs will finaly make people stop looking at him as a brave......if they havent already.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since this thread is on the topic of the All-Star game, does anyone think that voting should be taken away from the fans or if the All star Game should determine home field advantage in the World Series?

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    fair lawn nj
    Posts
    1,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Itll basically be the the Mets vs. the Yankees/Red Sox.
    Yeap the Yankees will most likely have 5 players there. Damon, Jeter, Giambi,Cano and Rodriguez.
    Last edited by ganggreen4life; 06-24-2006 at 12:39 PM.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4life
    Yeap the Yankees will most likely have 5 players there. Damon, Jeter, Giambi,Cano and Rodriguez.
    Cano??????? 4HR 27RBI???? is the AL that weak?

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    fair lawn nj
    Posts
    1,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    Cano??????? 4HR 27RBI???? is the AL that weak?
    He is also batting a 325.
    Last edited by ganggreen4life; 06-24-2006 at 12:54 PM.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Since this thread is on the topic of the All-Star game, does anyone think that voting should be taken away from the fans or if the All star Game should determine home field advantage in the World Series?
    I'm torn on the first... it's a game for the fans and writers/players/coaches don't always get it right either.

    Either way, the ASG should NOT have any impact on the WS. It's a joke.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    Cano??????? 4HR 27RBI???? is the AL that weak?
    cano makes the all star game. he's got the best BA of any 2B in the AL and the leading RBI man among AL 2B is loretta with 30.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    cano makes the all star game. he's got the best BA of any 2B in the AL and the leading RBI man among AL 2B is loretta with 30.
    Cano is below average on D and has 27 RBI...weak just weak.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    fair lawn nj
    Posts
    1,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    Cano is below average on D and has 27 RBI...weak just weak.
    Cano is not below average on D if anything he is above average.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4life
    Cano is not below average on D if anything he is above average.
    oh come on

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4life
    Cano is not below average on D if anything he is above average.
    i may have overstated....he is average....17 errors last year....7 this year...and not exactly big play guy in my opinnion.

    if he stars the all-star game thats only a refelection on the weakness of the AL in that spot.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    fair lawn nj
    Posts
    1,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    i may have overstated....he is average....17 errors last year....7 this year...and not exactly big play guy in my opinnion.

    if he stars the all-star game thats only a refelection on the weakness of the AL in that spot.
    The kid is only 24 years old and will get better. He has a very strong arm and makes nice plays all the time.He just has to get more consistent. This is only his second year in the pro's.

    By the way as a Yankee fan I don't think he should be in the All-Star game just yet. Give the kid a couple more years and he will be one of the best second basemens in MLB.
    Last edited by ganggreen4life; 06-24-2006 at 01:25 PM.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4life
    The kid is only 24 years old and will get better. He has a very strong arm and makes nice plays all the time.He just has to get more consistent. This is only his second year in the pro's.

    By the way as a Yankee fan I don't think he should be in the All-Star game just yet. Give the kid a couple more years and he will be one of the best second basemens in MLB.
    although i dont really see him as an all-star type of a 2B...you def have the right to think he will be great...however the topic is this years all star game....and this year Cano is not an all-star...the 2B in the national league are far far superior.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    fair lawn nj
    Posts
    1,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    although i dont really see him as an all-star type of a 2B...you def have the right to think he will be great...however the topic is this years all star game....and this year Cano is not an all-star...the 2B in the national league are far far superior.
    No dout if Cano was playing in the NL he wouldn't be an All -Star this year. Since he is in the AL he will be. I just hope it doesn't get to his head.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cano is a good player, and an average fielder.

    If you look at the AL there is really no one more deserving than Cano to start. MAaybe Jose Lopez, but anyone outside of Seattle doesn't know who thje hell he is

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us