Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

Thread: A-Rod you magnificent bastard

  1. #1

    A-Rod you magnificent bastard

    FINALLY, get that monkey off your back

    A-Rod just hit a game-winning 2 run HR against the Braves in the bottom of the 12th. I have not been the biggest A-Rod fan during his awful slump, but I couldn't be happier for him now. He probably feels like a huuuge weight was lifted off his shoulders. Let's hope this translates into more consistent bats and better fielding (he also had an error in today's game, his 13th on the year).

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,828
    Baseball Sucks!!!!

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    FINALLY, get that monkey off your back

    A-Rod just hit a game-winning 2 run HR against the Braves in the bottom of the 12th. I have not been the biggest A-Rod fan during his awful slump, but I couldn't be happier for him now. He probably feels like a huuuge weight was lifted off his shoulders. Let's hope this translates into more consistent bats and better fielding (he also had an error in today's game, his 13th on the year).
    Beat the Braves?...now theres a challenge. This make ups for everything. NOT.

    13 errors? yikes

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    fair lawn nj
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Beat the Braves?...now theres a challenge. This make ups for everything. NOT.

    13 errors? yikes
    Hater!!!!!

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    Baseball Sucks!!!!
    yeah we all know you dont like baseball touch...so heres a thought, stop reading and responding to baseball threads...

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,828
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    yeah we all know you dont like baseball touch...so heres a thought, stop reading and responding to baseball threads...
    I have to get my point across.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    FINALLY, get that monkey off your back

    A-Rod just hit a game-winning 2 run HR against the Braves in the bottom of the 12th. I have not been the biggest A-Rod fan during his awful slump, but I couldn't be happier for him now. He probably feels like a huuuge weight was lifted off his shoulders. Let's hope this translates into more consistent bats and better fielding (he also had an error in today's game, his 13th on the year).
    Hopefully this is the spark he needs and now he goes on a tear.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pembroke Pines, Florida
    Posts
    5,937
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    FINALLY, get that monkey off your back

    A-Rod just hit a game-winning 2 run HR against the Braves in the bottom of the 12th. I have not been the biggest A-Rod fan during his awful slump, but I couldn't be happier for him now. He probably feels like a huuuge weight was lifted off his shoulders. Let's hope this translates into more consistent bats and better fielding (he also had an error in today's game, his 13th on the year).
    Isn't that the way it always works? When a player hasn't been performing to the best of his ability, you start to wonder about him and each time he gets up at bat and makes an out during his slump, you get all pissed off.

    Then as soon as he starts to improve or wins a game for the team, you start to feel better. It's a normal cycle that players go through and also the fans too.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Hey, it doesn't make up for a damn thing.

    But still, FINALLY!!!! It didn't matter who the opponent was. If the Yanks lost, they may have fallen 4 1/2 behind the Sawx who most likely beat the punkass Mets tonight (Can't rely on the Mets for anything)

    The Yanks needed ARod in a big spot and he FINALLY!!! came through. (Yes I know he has had other big hits, but it's the perception that he always fails). Again, it doesn't make up for anything but it's good that, as John Stearling says, ARod "saved the Yankees bacon."

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4life
    Hater!!!!!
    guilty

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    I have to get my point across.
    But why?

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,395
    Um. It was against the freaking Braves...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    Hey, it doesn't make up for a damn thing.

    But still, FINALLY!!!! It didn't matter who the opponent was. If the Yanks lost, they may have fallen 4 1/2 behind the Sawx who most likely beat the punkass Mets tonight (Can't rely on the Mets for anything)

    The Yanks needed ARod in a big spot and he FINALLY!!! came through. (Yes I know he has had other big hits, but it's the perception that he always fails). Again, it doesn't make up for anything but it's good that, as John Stearling says, ARod "saved the Yankees bacon."

    exactly, it's important for A-Rod too, he seems like a very "mental" player... this will be great for his psyche

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Um. It was against the freaking Braves...
    Years from now this will go down as one of the greatest Yankee moments of all time! NOT

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Years from now this will go down as one of the greatest Yankee moments of all time! NOT
    As I mentioned, it doesn't matter what team it is, dumbass. The Yanks could not afford to fall 4 1/2 games behind the Sawx and were at risk of doing that, but ARod came through.

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    As I mentioned, it doesn't matter what team it is, dumbass. The Yanks could not afford to fall 4 1/2 games behind the Sawx and were at risk of doing that, but ARod came through.
    Yes , he's "Mr. June " for sure!

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    fair lawn nj
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Um. It was against the freaking Braves...
    So what if it was the Braves..Ortiz hit one of the Phillies whop te f**king do not the Phillies.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Yes , he's "Mr. June " for sure!
    Wrong again, ARod is known as "Mr. March".

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4life
    So what if it was the Braves..Ortiz hit one of the Phillies whop te f**king do not the Phillies.
    make your point in English please.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,395
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen4life
    So what if it was the Braves..Ortiz hit one of the Phillies whop te f**king do not the Phillies.
    Um the Braves are 15 games out of first...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us