Thread: Two thumbs up for Boston fans

Two thumbs up for Boston fans

As I spent the past week preparing for the past two Sox-Mets games, I just have to say that I was thoroughly impressed by the Boston fans. They confirmed to me that they are worthy the stereotype of most knowledgeable baseball fans in the country.

We couldn't walk a block in Boston without someone commenting on the upcoming series. While they initially started to rib us about the Mets, they would always follow it up with a "Just kidding guys, good luck tonight." or a "You know, I like the Mets." They are fun, but classy at the same time - it's definitely an experience you wouldn't necessarily see in New York or Philly.

Everyone from 5 year old kids to grandmas can be heard talking about AA prospects, split finger fastballs and lefty/right splits. It was truly an enjoyable experience and I encourage all Mets fans to take a trip up to Fenway whenever they can.

Come back anytime... I was at both games the last two nights (I still hate the Red Sox, but my new future wife loves 'em, go figure), and I was amazed at how much easier Mets fans were to get along with than Yankee fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I made my first ever trip to Fenway for the Tuesday night series opener, and I concur with BB. The Boston fans were impressive, including their Standing O for Pedro at the Mets dugout. Although I was surrounded by Sox fans during the game and I had my Mets hat on, never did I get a lame "Mets Suck" or "Losers Go Home"; something you could count on from Yankees fans on a regular basis.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Power
    Come back anytime... I was at both games the last two nights (I still hate the Red Sox, but my new future wife loves 'em, go figure), and I was amazed at how much easier Mets fans were to get along with than Yankee fans.
    Maybe cuz the Mets aren't in your division? Not to mention we were getting our butts handed to us in the form of a 3 game sweep? Losing usually breeds humility.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1
    I made my first ever trip to Fenway for the Tuesday night series opener, and I concur with BB. The Boston fans were impressive, including their Standing O for Pedro at the Mets dugout. Although I was surrounded by Sox fans during the game and I had my Mets hat on, never did I get a lame "Mets Suck" or "Losers Go Home"; something you could count on from Yankees fans on a regular basis.
    Maybe cuz they took pity since they were sweeping us? It would've been interesting to see if your experience woulda been the same had we been doing the sweeping. Just a thought.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You could hear some moron yelling on the broadcast last night. Intelligent stuff like "Beltran you suck" and "LoDuca why didn't you catch that? You suck"

Every team has their moron fans...

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    Maybe cuz they took pity since they were sweeping us? It would've been interesting to see if your experience woulda been the same had we been doing the sweeping. Just a thought.
    I was at the Tues and Weds games, they acted the same way

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    You could hear some moron yelling on the broadcast last night. Intelligent stuff like "Beltran you suck" and "LoDuca why didn't you catch that? You suck"

Yup you know some of them Yankee fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Most are knowledgeable and passionate fans. I didn't even get any of the usual trash talk. That was cool what they did for Pedro. It was a nice visit to Chowdaville, despite the score.

Pretty hard not to be gracious when you're whipping up on the weak a** dog

Quote Originally Posted by KBJets
    Pretty hard not to be gracious when you're whipping up on the weak a** dog
    don't be an idiot. first of all, it was 3 games. second of all, i was there the whole weekend, they acted the same way before the series as they did after.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    don't be an idiot.

i don't think he has much of a choice.........

Quote Originally Posted by Piper

Exactly... There are a bunch of Boston fans that know their stuff... No doubt about that. There are also a bunch of Boston fans that don't know sh*t. And it's the same with all teams.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Exactly... There are a bunch of Boston fans that know their stuff... No doubt about that. There are also a bunch of Boston fans that don't know sh*t. And it's the same with all teams.
    Boston fans are the most knowledgeable and passionate IMO

All League
    don't kid yourselves - Boston fans are just as (if not more) obnoxious than Yankee fans. The only reason you guys get along is because you have something in common - a longstanding hatred of the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by WWalker85
    don't kid yourselves - Boston fans are just as (if not more) obnoxious than Yankee fans. The only reason you guys get along is because you have something in common - a longstanding hatred of the Yankees.
    i never said they weren't obnoxious, i said they were the most knowledgeable overall