Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4th of July Recipes

4th of July Recipes

I'm assuming alot of us will be grilling/bbqing this weekend....was wondering if any of you great chef's out there would like to share some tips/ recipes with the rest of us.....I'm looking to try something new with babyback ribs...if anyone has a suggestion.... here's one of my new fav marinades....goes good for london broil

[FONT=Arial Black]Elbow Room Marinade

1 Cup Coca Cola
    1 Cup Lite Soy Sauce
    1 finely chopped onion
    4-6 cloved minced garlic
    2 tablespoons of powdered meat tenderizer (I Adolf's)
    4 tsp. gravy master

Combine all ingredients, marinating your steak overnight for best reults. Guaranteed compliments on this recipe[/FONT]

found this online a couple of weeks ago and it was great

Schluberator & Gadfly

Alligator Balls Recipe

Alligator Balls Recipe

1 lb Chopped alligator meat
    1 Egg
    1 tb Finely chopped onions
    1 tb Finely chopped celery
    1 tb Finely chopped parsley
    2 tb Finely chopped shallots
    2 ts Lemon pepper
    1/2 ts Salt
    1/4 c Bread crumbs
    1 c Cooking oil
    Flour to dredge

Combine all ingredients, form 1 inch diameter balls, allow to set one hour. Dredge in flour and fry till brown. Serve hot.

Schluberator & Gadfly

One of my favs!

HOLIDAY FRUITCAKE RECIPE

You will need the following; a cup of water, a cup of sugar, flour, 4 large brown eggs, two cups of dried fruit, a teaspoon of salt, a cup of brown sugar, lemon juice, nuts, and a bottle of [B]Jack Daniels whiskey[/B].

Sample the whiskey and check the quality.

Take a large bowl. Check the whiskey again. To be sure it is the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.. Add one teaspoon of sugar and beat again.

Make sure the whiskey is still okay. Cry another tup. Turn off the mixer. Beat two leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fit. Mix on the turner. If the fired druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the whiskey and check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares? Check the whiskey. Now sift the lemon uice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Spoon. Of sugar of something. Whatever you find.

Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Throw the bowl out of the window. Check the whiskey again and go to bed.

Banned
    I have to go to a Vegan BBQ on saturday. KILL ME NOW...

Schluberator & Gadfly

Whole Stuffed Camel Recipe

[url]http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/getrecipe.zsp?id=67495[/url]

No joke! :eek:

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=EricYellin]I have to go to a Vegan BBQ on saturday. KILL ME NOW...[/QUOTE]
    Well try to make the best of it with a good game of Cornhole!
    [IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/chesapeakejet/Patsycornhole2.jpg[/IMG]

Banned
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet]Well try to make the best of it with a good game of Cornhole!
    [IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/chesapeakejet/Patsycornhole2.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm going to make the best of it by making it BYO:

[IMG]http://www.pamspaulding.com/Pam/surgery/bucket.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=EricYellin]I have to go to a Vegan BBQ on saturday. KILL ME NOW...[/QUOTE]

sorry to hear that EY...you know what i do when i go to functions with lots of vegans (and thus no meat)?...bring a big roastbeef sandwich...

Banned
    I'm told there will be "Vegan Ribs"

But they dont have "Vegan Bones", so they're kinda like slabs of tofu in BBQ sauce...

Schluberator & Gadfly
    My suggestion is to start drinking.........heavily.

And like the Birthday Boy just said, pack a Cheesesteak Sub. You can probably smuggle it in one of those cardboard wine bottle transporters! :D

I have Sat-Sun off. Work Monday. Tuesday I have the 4th off.

Banned
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet]My suggestion is to start drinking.........heavily.

And like the Birthday Boy just said, pack a Cheesesteak Sub. You can probably smuggle it in one of those cardboard wine bottle transporters! :D[/QUOTE]

Ha, i would drink, but I got to get on the road that evening to see the girlfriend... so i gotta keep sober... but that gives me a good enough out as well... "Well, Becca's expecting me, so I should really get going. Thanks for the Cardboard Burger and Soy Cakes"

Like i said though, im giving serious consideration to bringing a bucket of the Colonel's original recipie

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet]I have Sat-Sun off. Work Monday. Tuesday I have the 4th off.[/QUOTE]
    Good for you. :confused:

Banned
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet]I have Sat-Sun off. Work Monday. Tuesday I have the 4th off.[/QUOTE]

o rly?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=EricYellin]Ha, i would drink, but I got to get on the road that evening to see the girlfriend... so i gotta keep sober... but that gives me a good enough out as well... "Well, Becca's expecting me, so I should really get going. Thanks for the Cardboard Burger and Soy Cakes"

Like i said though, im giving serious consideration to bringing a bucket of the Colonel's original recipie[/QUOTE]
    Wait a minute. YOU'RE GOING TO A VEGGIAN BBQ AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND WON'T BE THERE?!?!?!!? Like there isn't any woman making you do this??!??!?!? WTF are you going for?!?!? I think you might be a little under the weather that day..... ;)

Banned
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet]Wait a minute. YOU'RE GOING TO A VEGGIAN BBQ AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND WON'T BE THERE?!?!?!!? Like there isn't any woman making you do this??!??!?!? WTF are you going for?!?!? I think you might be a little under the weather that day..... ;)[/QUOTE]

Because it's one of my best friends... so I gotta stop in... and he'll know if im 'sick' that I'm just doing it for that reason...

although he is dropping like a lead balloon on the friend list... this whole veganism and his new celebacy thing are a bit weird for my tastes... I have some liberal tendencies (see below) but he's like a crazy person.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=EricYellin]Because it's one of my best friends... so I gotta stop in... and he'll know if im 'sick' that I'm just doing it for that reason...

although he is dropping like a lead balloon on the friend list... this whole veganism and his new celebacy thing are a bit weird for my tastes... I have some liberal tendencies (see below) but he's like a crazy person.[/QUOTE]
    Some people change there lifestyles and go to extremes to do it. I had a friend in college who one day, would be a bawdy, carousing party-er, smoking rope and drinking...........then it's like someone flicked a switch and he'd be all self righteous and very religious and stuff. It was crazy. You didn't know who you were inviting out to go drinking until ya asked him! LOLOLOL!!! :D

Banned
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet]Some people change there lifestyles and go to extremes to do it. I had a friend in college who one day, would be a bawdy, carousing party-er, smoking rope and drinking...........then it's like someone flicked a switch and he'd be all self righteous and very religious and stuff. It was crazy. You didn't know who you were inviting out to go drinking until ya asked him! LOLOLOL!!! :D[/QUOTE]

This kid was always a bit out there... but he's just gotten worse and worse... i dont know what's next... to each their own I guess... but he went of to Princeton and became like branch davidian

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=EricYellin]This kid was always a bit out there... but he's just gotten worse and worse... i dont know what's next... to each their own I guess... but he went of to Princeton and became like branch davidian[/QUOTE]
    Well I guess all I can say is "Happy Boca-Burgering!"

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet]Wait a minute. YOU'RE GOING TO A VEGGIAN BBQ AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND WON'T BE THERE?!?!?!!? Like there isn't any woman making you do this??!??!?!? WTF are you going for?!?!? I think you might be a little under the weather that day..... ;)[/QUOTE]

If there's no woman making him go, then there's only two explanations, he's after a woman there or, he's gay. :rolleyes: