Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4th of July Recipes

[QUOTE=EricYellin]Because it's one of my best friends... so I gotta stop in... and he'll know if im 'sick' that I'm just doing it for that reason...

although he is dropping like a lead balloon on the friend list... this whole veganism and his new celebacy thing are a bit weird for my tastes... I have some liberal tendencies (see below) but he's like a crazy person.[/QUOTE]

a vegan BBQ run by a born-again virgin

:shudder:

Banned
    [QUOTE=shasta]If there's no woman making him go, then there's only two explanations, he's after a woman there or, he's gay. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

i guess doing things for friends is below you.

Banned
    [QUOTE=pauliec]a vegan BBQ run by a born-again virgin

:shudder:[/QUOTE]

yeah, and not to nitpick but im not sure 'born-again' needs to be in there :confused:

He's still a friend though... so gotta do what you gotta do...

[QUOTE=EricYellin]yeah, and not to nitpick but im not sure 'born-again' needs to be in there :confused:

He's still a friend though... so gotta do what you gotta do...[/QUOTE]

hahaha, well, your a good guy to suck it up and go then

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=EricYellin]I'm told there will be "Vegan Ribs"

But they dont have "Vegan Bones", so they're kinda like slabs of tofu in BBQ sauce...[/QUOTE]

Slabs of TOFU????? On the grill????? Isn't there a BBQ MASTER LAW about doing that? Kind of like a sacreligious wrongdoing??? Do yourself a favor and come up with a food poisioning excuse not to go or just tell him that his menu is friggin' disgusting!!!!!!

Here is an easy one:

2 London Broils
    12 cloves of garlic
    Maggi Seasoning (liquid)
    Peppercorns (ground up)

Slit each London Broil on the side, far enough in to bury a garlic clove inside.
    Do this 6x for each London Broil. Sprinkle ground up peppercorns on each side of meat. Put London Broils in a gallon freezer bag and add 1 1/2 cups of Maggi Seasoning. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal. Let sit overnite and grill up the next day. Sear on high 2 minutes on each side, then cook to your liking of how you like your meat done. When done, slice thin and make sure you eat the garlic cloves. Outstanding....
    Last edited by Elvis; 06-29-2006 at 04:06 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=pauliec]hahaha, well, your a good guy to suck it up and go then[/QUOTE]

Shasta doesn't seem to think so...

[IMG]http://www.aitinstitute.org/Index%20Page%20art/crying%20boy.jpg[/IMG]

Banned
    [QUOTE=Elvis]Slabs of TOFU????? On the grill????? Isn't there a BBQ MASTER LAW about doing that? Kind of like a sacreligious wrongdoing??? Do yourself a favor and come up with a food poisioning excuse not to go or just tell him that his menu is friggin' disgusting!!!!!!

Here is an easy one:

2 London Broils
    12 cloves of garlic
    Maggi Seasoning (liquid)
    Peppercorns (ground up)

Slit each London Broil on the side, far enough in to bury a garlic clove inside.
    Do this 6x for each London Broil. Sprinkle ground up peppercorns on each side of meat. Put London Broils in a gallon freezer bag and add 1 1/2 cups of Maggi Seasoning. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal. Let sit overnite and grill up the next day. Sear on high 2 minutes on each side, then cook to your liking of how you like your meat done. When done, slice thin and make sure you eat the garlic cloves. Outstanding....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Tofu Ribs are about as bootleg as it gets... but your london broils sound delicious... i will have to try that at some point.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=EricYellin]I have to go to a Vegan BBQ on saturday. KILL ME NOW...[/QUOTE]
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

I actually don't know any vegans, thankfully.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Piper]Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

I actually don't know any vegans, thankfully.[/QUOTE]

They're often like the jehovah's witnesses... they come to your door and try to convert you, whether you like it or not.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Take a big bottle of catsup!

Hey, is it too far to take a cab to your GF's so you can get ripped? :pint:

Banned
    [IMG]http://www.peta-sucks.com/godscreatures1.jpg[/IMG]

Practice Squad
    you get props for being a friend and going, but two things should be foremost in your mind walking into this party:

1. you should feel comfortable bringing fried chicken or anything else for that matter to this event. you are being a friend by showing up; he should return the respect by allowing you the right to eat what you like. it's not like you want to slap raw chicken or ribs on his ' vegan grill ".

2. don't stay too long... enough to make an appearance and be seen. one glass of iced tea and a carrot stick or two, and be on your way. if your buddy wants to know why you're jetting just look at him and tell him the lure of a** is too strong... or has he forgotten?

Banned
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet]Take a big bottle of catsup!

Hey, is it too far to take a cab to your GF's so you can get ripped? :pint:[/QUOTE]

it's over an hour :( So that's kinda out. Maybe I can convince a friend to drop me off... Show them the many wonders of stormville, NY

Banned
    [QUOTE=joe resler]you get props for being a friend and going, but two things should be foremost in your mind walking into this party:

1. you should feel comfortable bringing fried chicken or anything else for that matter to this event. you are being a friend by showing up; he should return the respect by allowing you the right to eat what you like. it's not like you want to slap raw chicken or ribs on his ' vegan grill ".

2. don't stay too long... enough to make an appearance and be seen. one glass of iced tea and a carrot stick or two, and be on your way. if your buddy wants to know why you're jetting just look at him and tell him the lure of a** is too strong... or has he forgotten?[/QUOTE]

all good advice... and I F'N love that last line.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=EricYellin][IMG]http://www.peta-sucks.com/godscreatures1.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Thats classic....Bring a Hibachi, cook some nice juicy pork chops and like suck the bones dry. You'll be the hit of the party. Or walk in with some fresh kill venison and strike up a conversation about how you just hit a 3 pointer in your treestand right before you came. Just tryin' to help

Banned
    [QUOTE=Elvis]Thats classic....Bring a Hibachi, cook some nice juicy pork chops and like suck the bones dry. You'll be the hit of the party. Or walk in with some fresh kill venison and strike up a conversation about how you just hit a 3 pointer in your treestand right before you came. Just tryin' to help[/QUOTE]

Ha... yeah... except he's not anti-dead animal as much as he is anti-meat/dairy industry... so he wont support them financially. Absurd. I'm gunna get some crispy strips or something... i don't know... and im sure ill catch a lot of flack for not trying anything but my response is simple.

I'm stubborn and set in my ways. Argue with that!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=EricYellin][IMG]http://www.peta-sucks.com/godscreatures1.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    Great ****ing picture. To bad it isn't on a T shirt so you could wear it to the party.

Banned
    [QUOTE=New York Mick]Great ****ing picture. To bad it isn't on a T shirt so you could wear it to the party.[/QUOTE]

I'm working on it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=EricYellin]They're often like the jehovah's witnesses... they come to your door and try to convert you, whether you like it or not.[/QUOTE]
    That's why I wear a knife in my sock when I wear my kilt ... ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I used this yesterday. It was outstanding.

Happy 4th.