Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets Go Mets!!the Pressure Is Building..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets Go Mets!!the Pressure Is Building..

well..lets see how are beloved crosstown rivals respond..I mean just 2 weeks ago they were being hailed by prognasticaters here on JI as the next big red machine/murderers row 1927 yankees..and now after 2 humiliating ass woopings..losing to the red sox is not that big of a deal to mets fans now..did you see pedro laughing in the dugout down 8-0??WTF is with that??

they better win tonight..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    well..lets see how are beloved crosstown rivals respond..I mean just 2 weeks ago they were being hailed by prognasticaters here on JI as the next big red machine/murderers row 1927 yankees..and now after 2 humiliating ass woopings..losing to the red sox is not that big of a deal to mets fans now..did you see pedro laughing in the dugout down 8-0??WTF is with that??

they better win tonight..
    Not Pedro,but did you see how the Red Sox were chucking it up in the dugout.No seriousness at all.Damn Manny and Ortiz were just having a ball.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    Not Pedro,but did you see how the Red Sox were chucking it up in the dugout.No seriousness at all.Damn Manny and Ortiz were just having a ball.
    it reminded me of the beginning of the 98 season for the yankees..in seattle.. the mariners were winning big..junior and edgar martinez and Arod were all laughing at the yankees in the dugout..you see..the difference was Oneil and tino and brosious were .the next game the yanks wooped the mariners ass and went on a tear after that..the mets were just laughing and having fun..unreal..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    there's no real pressure. it's a game like every other one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it reminded me of the beginning of the 98 season for the yankees..in seattle.. the mariners were winning big..junior and edgar martinez and Arod were all laughing at the yankees in the dugout..you see..the difference was Oneil and tino and brosious were .the next game the yanks wooped the mariners ass and went on a tear after that..the mets were just laughing and having fun..unreal..
    don't try to make something out of nothing

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    there's no real pressure. it's a game like every other one.
    Tell that to your own players. They see as a measuring stick since the NL is so
    weak.The Mets won't play a meaningful series in the NL the rest of the way until St Louis visits then the postseason.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell that to your own players. They see as a measuring stick since the NL is so
    weak.The Mets won't play a meaningful series in the NL the rest of the way until St Louis visits then the postseason.
    sure, let me go call carlos beltran right now..

this game is not crucial, so no one should be hyping it up like it should be. it's 1 of 162. hopefully they win, if not - big friggin deal. big picture.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sure, let me go call carlos beltran right now..

this game is not crucial, so no one should be hyping it up like it should be. it's 1 of 162. hopefully they win, if not - big friggin deal. big picture.
    I didn't say crucial, The Mets won't see Crucial until the postseason. Nobody is hyping it up but as a fan knowing your own division is a joke, wouldn't you want to see how your team react to some notable opponents.And never mind calling
    Beltran , your skipper Willie said it during a interview.You don't win rings winning
    just your division or league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't say crucial, The Mets won't see Crucial until the postseason. Nobody is hyping it up but as a fan knowing your own division is a joke, wouldn't you want to see how your team react to some notable opponents.And never mind calling
    Beltran , your skipper Willie said it during a interview.You don't win rings winning
    just your division or league.
    no one is hyping it up? check the thread title. the pressure is not building... this is a game like anything else. if the mets win or lose the world series this year, it's not going to be because of a single series in june, trust me.

and willie's right, but i never said otherwise.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no one is hyping it up? check the thread title. the pressure is not building... this is a game like anything else. if the mets win or lose the world series this year, it's not going to be because of a single series in june, trust me.

But people will wonder ,was the Mets success because their league just collaspe all around them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry.. but this series was hyped up by the mets..up until the 3rd inning yesterday..so it's the mets who were making a big deal out of nothing then??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

But people will wonder ,was the Mets success because their league just collapse all around them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't say the world series..if the mets lose tonight..they will be under alot of pressure on friday against the yanks..you have to admit that..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    make no mistake, the mets are not taking this as "just another game". this is to save face and prove to themselves that they can beat the good teams. let's face it, while the mets will cruise into the playoffs just by playing .500 ball the rest of the way, they have had a cakewalk schedule so far. this is their first real test and so far they've sh't the bed. not a good sign.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    But people will wonder ,was the Mets success because their league just collaspe all around them.
    i really don't care what people think. they will prove how good they are in the fall.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    make no mistake, the mets are not taking this as "just another game". this is to save face and prove to themselves that they can beat the good teams. let's face it, while the mets will cruise into the playoffs just by playing .500 ball the rest of the way, they have had a cakewalk schedule so far. this is their first real test and so far they've sh't the bed. not a good sign.
    using a 2 game sample to evaluate a team is really foolish

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry.. but this series was hyped up by the mets..up until the 3rd inning yesterday..so it's the mets who were making a big deal out of nothing then??
    the mets were hyping this? no, the media was for good reason... 1986, first time the mets were back in fenway, pedro's return

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    using a 2 game sample to evaluate a team is really foolish
    same as a 10 game road trip???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i really don't care what people think. they will prove how good they are in the fall.
    People like Mets fans all around me. I live in Met territory in Queens.They told me this while I just listen..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't say the world series..if the mets lose tonight..they will be under alot of pressure on friday against the yanks..you have to admit that..
    it's the subway series, players will be geeked up no matter what. but pressure? come on man