Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs. Mets Series (merged)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Mets/Yankees.....

Mods don't move this to the baseball forum........this is a big event for everyone here.........

God Bless Belran.........

What say you Yankee fans....

I gave my tickets to Chadzone10 for tonights game since my sister in law is due any moment my brother didn't want to take the risk of going to the game.......

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Yankees vs. Mets Series

Giambi hits a first inning homer, Yanks take 1-0 lead over the Mets.

Mussina about to get through the Mets' lineup without surrendering a hit.

Mets lost 4 of last 5, Yanks won 6 of last 8...

Looks to me like the turning point of the season is happening just as July comes around the corner...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    good luck with that bud....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesQB718

Looks to me like the turning point of the season is happening just as July comes around the corner...
    If anyone remembers I called before the year started that the Mets would be the Orioles of this year. I predicted they would fall off after the all star break. That time is fast approaching and I stand by my prediction.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesQB718
    Giambi hits a first inning homer, Yanks take 1-0 lead over the Mets.

Mussina about to get through the Mets' lineup without surrendering a hit.

Mets lost 4 of last 5, Yanks won 6 of last 8...

As a fellow Yankee fan ,it still kind of early . And the Yankees need to continue
    to win since we didn't get any help from our friends. As for the Mets they don't have nothing to worry about until the postseason. They are playing with house money.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshsports10
    If anyone remembers I called before the year started that the Mets would be the Orioles of this year. I predicted they would fall off after the all star break. That time is fast approaching and I stand by my prediction.
    Not happening buddy..........

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    good luck with that bud....
    whats up lil buddy..I have visions of omaha steaks dancing in my head..your heroes will be under alot of pressure tommorow if they dont win tonight..and WTF is this ..if the tables were turned and the yanks were in first place..would the mets be ..I dont think so..remember..this used to be the mets world series every year..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    question for all of u, which two would u take arod and jeter or wright and reyes, i would tak e wright and reyes because they are fun to watch will be superstars, reyes speed kills and wright is slowly becoming a clutch player unlike arod

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    whats up lil buddy..I have visions of omaha steaks dancing in my head..your heroes will be under alot of pressure tommorow if they dont win tonight..and WTF is this ..if the tables were turned and the yanks were in first place..would the mets be ..I dont think so..remember..this used to be the mets world series every year..
    billy boy.....lets worry about today......

the mets are 11 games up in the division what are we talking about here??? let them get sweps by the yankees i dont care.....i mean i care but its not that big of a deal and neither was boston...honestly....lets see what happends in october....and u know we will be there...will you?

you better win the division...because the tigers or white sox will get the wild card.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dayoungjetfan
    question for all of u, which two would u take arod and jeter or wright and reyes, i would tak e wright and reyes because they are fun to watch will be superstars, reyes speed kills and wright is slowly becoming a clutch player unlike arod
    Jeter and Arod easily. Jeter seems to always come through when you need him to, and Arod is a better player overall except for clutch situations.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man you are basing what reyes and wright have done in half a year. you don't know what will happen the other half . They could fall on they face and slump the rest of the way. Let's see what they do the rest of the year before you take some youngsters over seasoned vets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    Man you are basing what reyes and wright have done in half a year. you don't know what will happen the other half . They could fall on they face and slump the rest of the way. Let's see what they do the rest of the year before you take some youngsters over seasoned vets.
    lets be real...wright has been clutch..arod not....wright is 24 arod is 30...reyes is a more complete player then jeter....and the same age difference....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lets be real...wright has been clutch..arod not....wright is 24 arod is 30...reyes is a more complete player then jeter....and the same age difference....
    Again 1/2 a year . Lets see him do it year after year after year then compare.
    You be real. That goes for the both of them. Take them Met blinders off and be
    REAL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    u still have to remember that reyes and wright are still kids, each are around 22 years old, everyday they are getting better and who are more to watch wright and reyes or jeter and arod ( jeter is and always be the best clutch player in new york)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    billy boy.....lets worry about today......

the mets are 11 games up in the division what are we talking about here??? let them get sweps by the yankees i dont care.....i mean i care but its not that big of a deal and neither was boston...honestly....lets see what happends in october....and u know we will be there...will you?

you better win the division...because the tigers or white sox will get the wild card.
    dont worry about the yanks..they are used to playing under pressure..unlike your heroes..tell me..which pressure games have the mets won this year??
    you can say the boston series wasn't important until you are blue in the face..had the mets won that series we would still be hearing about how THE GREAT METS tamed the red sox..please..you know it's true..

and I want the filet mignon with bacon rapped around it..yummy..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshsports10

as a yankee fan, i disagree. the mets are in a MUCH weaker division than the orioles were last year. the mets would seriously have to collapse pretty badly in order to drop in the standings.

i def see your point, that they started hot and will tail off, but due to the different circumstances, there is no way they will collapse to that degree.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    Again 1/2 a year . Lets see him do it year after year after year then compare.
    You be real. That goes for the both of them. Take them Met blinders off and be
    REAL.
    dude just like past production goes into the equation so does potential arod and jeter are both on the downside....Reyes and Wright are going to be kings of queens for years to come....if we are going overall and not based on this year its a no brain brainer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    u still have to remember that reyes and wright are still kids, each are around 22 years old, everyday they are getting better and who are more to watch wright and reyes or jeter and arod ( jeter is and always be the best clutch player in new york)
    If you are talking about who is more exciting to watch , a true fan does not go
    by that. That's for the band wagoners to distinguish.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    Not happening buddy..........
    You just wait

I can feel it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    dont worry about the yanks..they are used to playing under pressure..unlike your heroes..tell me..which pressure games have the mets won this year??
    you can say the boston series wasn't important until you are blue in the face..had the mets won that series we would still be hearing about how THE GREAT METS tamed the red sox..please..you know it's true..

and I want the filet mignon with bacon rapped around it..yummy..
    umm the mets have beat the phillies up and down the field when they were winning 9 in a row(phillies)...they went 9-1 against division winning teams like diamondbacks and the dodgers....and they won 2 out of 3 against the yankees by beating up on the great mariano.....next