Thread: Why is Maine pitching?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Why is Maine pitching?

Oliver didn't throw yesterday, right? He was slated as the starter today.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    didnt like oregon state win the championship

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Oliver didn't throw yesterday, right? He was slated as the starter today.
    Maine actually threw in the bullpen yesterday during the game although they didn't use him in the game, it was at that time they decided to bring up Maine.

He pitched a good 4 1/3 innings and then started to walk a lot of guys.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSFJFC
    Maine actually threw in the bullpen yesterday during the game although they didn't use him in the game, it was at that time they decided to bring up Maine.

Maine was in AAA yesteday.

Oliver was throwing yesterday. Oliver has been one of the Mets best pitchers this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSFJFC
    I saw he walked the P to load the bases. From the highlights, he's got a live fastball. Hopefully the meltdown won't effect him. It shouldn't, because they weren't exactly knocking him around. Rookie mistakes, that's all. Kid's got some stuff, and that's most welcome. I have a feeling he'll stick. Now what happened with Pelfrey? Recent start in the minors? Was caught hanging out w/ Keppinger?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggystyle
    didnt like oregon state win the championship
    I saw some cash go the wrong way on that one myself.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw he walked the P to load the bases. From the highlights, he's got a live fastball. Hopefully the meltdown won't effect him. It shouldn't, because they weren't exactly knocking him around. Rookie mistakes, that's all. Kid's got some stuff, and that's most welcome. I have a feeling he'll stick. Now what happened with Pelfrey? Recent start in the minors? Was caught hanging out w/ Keppinger?
    I think Pelfry started on Saturday and wasnt on track to pitch for Monday. I expect him to be up with the Mets after the All Star break as the fifth gu.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soler was sent down and Maine was brought up to start today.I think they are done with Soler for awhile.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami
    Soler was sent down and Maine was brought up to start today.I think they are done with Soler for awhile.
    I've been hoping for that even before watching him in person the last 2 starts. Soler simply has no action on his pitches. Maine, on the other hand has some pop. Can't wait to see Pelfrey. Wouldn't mind a return of Royce Ring either.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    I think Pelfry started on Saturday and wasnt on track to pitch for Monday. I expect him to be up with the Mets after the All Star break as the fifth gu.

He'll probably be up this saturday.

eLOT