Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bill Parcells/emslave Bet Thread

Banned

The Bill Parcells/emslave Bet Thread

Emslave and I(bill parcells)..made a bet with each other..whoever has the better record at the end of the year(emslave the mets)..(bill parcells the yankees) gets 40 dollars worth of omaha steaks..as of tonight friday july 7,2006..
    mets record 51-35
    yankees record 49-35

let the games begin!!!

bill doesnt need luck he needs 50 bucks to pay for my steaks.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    Emslave and I(bill parcells)..made a bet with each other..whoever has the better record at the end of the year(emslave the mets)..(bill parcells the yankees) gets 40 dollars worth of omaha steaks..as of tonight friday july 7,2006..
    mets record 51-35
    yankees record 49-35

let the games begin!!!
    Hey Emslave...be sure to grill those Omaha Steaks while watching the Mets play in the World Series!

Banned
    laugh all you want...I will be laughing last(and eating good)and thats all that matters..

i can almost taste it....17-3.....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave

Yeah I know.. 3-2

Banned

please..there is 2 and a half months to go!!!and you just lost 2 out of 3 to the mighty marlins..and your talking smack already???

mets record 51-35
    yankees record 49-35

let the games begin!!!
    Good luck Bill P, let's go yankees.

don't worry bill, we're slowly seeing the mets come back down to earth. they'll still run away with the division, but that wasn't your bet now was it? 8 of their last 13 and 13 of their last 22 have added another number to the L column. meanwhile 12 of the yankees last 18 have resulted in a W. we're comin back around and once we grab another starter, you'll be eating very well my friend

oh, and don't forget to check out phillip hughes in the futures game. should be interesting to see this kid in action.

Banned

now..the yanks have won 4 in a row..your heroes have lost 2 out of 3 to the marlins...dtrain grandslam baby!!!and you can taste it???taste what???
    I think you better check your senses!! ..because all you are going to be eating come october is your pride my friend

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    don't worry bill, we're slowly seeing the mets come back down to earth. they'll still run away with the division, but that wasn't your bet now was it? 8 of their last 13 and 13 of their last 22 have added another number to the L column. meanwhile 12 of the yankees last 18 have resulted in a W. we're comin back around and once we grab another starter, you'll be eating very well my friend

oh, and don't forget to check out phillip hughes in the futures game. should be interesting to see this kid in action.

I'm not worried..I saw this coming right after the road trip the mets came back from..when they were crowning themselves the new big red machine/1927 murderers row yankees..right now all I am hearing is a huge gulp..it's the sound of a mets fans adams apple trembling..we will start to get are injured players back..and the mets will start having players drop like flys..

jvill..who is phillip hughes???

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'm not worried..I saw this coming right after the road trip the mets came back from..when they were crowning themselves the new big red machine/1927 murderers row yankees..right now all I am hearing is a huge gulp..it's the sound of a mets fans adams apple trembling..we will start to get are injured players back..and the mets will start having players drop like flys..

jvill..who is phillip hughes???
    he's the yankees version of mike pelfrey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofqueens718
    Hey Emslave...be sure to grill those Omaha Steaks while watching the Mets play in the World Series!
    Funniest thing ive heard in a while...thank you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    he's the yankees version of mike pelfrey.
    gotchya...thank you...

gotchya...thank you...
    dude i know more about the yankees farm system more then u do! phillip hughes has been on my radar the whole year.....and he is a frickin yankee and btw the marlins series is a 4 gamer so we win today its a split..........see ya then.

Banned
    dude i know more about the yankees farm system more then u do! phillip hughes has been on my radar the whole year.....and he is a frickin yankee and btw the marlins series is a 4 gamer so we win today its a split..........see ya then.
    after reading this thread you do..I dont know any of the yankee farm hands..I will admit it..I usually watch them(farm hands) in spring training..so..since you know so much..tell me more about the yankee farm system..you old modern day jets insider's version of gene ''stick'' michael/emslave..

I will be waiting..

well actualy i am sure u can get a real yankee fan to educate you on the yankee minor league systems however i what i will tell you is that:

1. phillip hughes is one of the best pitching prospects in the league....
    2. throws hard (tops out at 95)...acurate...and most say if he can get his curveball in the strike zone consistently he is ready to pitch in the pros.
    3. he will most likely however never see the yankee stadium mound...because brian cashman is under preassure to trade for a big time player and hughes is the yankees only star prospect in the minors
    4. phllip hughes grew up a life long red sox fan.....

school is out billy.

well actualy i am sure u can get a real yankee fan to educate you on the yankee minor league systems however i what i will tell you is that:

1. phillip hughes is one of the best pitching prospects in the league....
    2. throws hard (tops out at 95)...acurate...and most say if he can get his curveball in the strike zone consistently he is ready to pitch in the pros.
    3. he will most likely however never see the yankee stadium mound...because brian cashman is under preassure to trade for a big time player and hughes is the yankees only star prospect in the minors
    4. phllip hughes grew up a life long red sox fan.....

school is out billy.
    good technical asessment emslave. throws a very good changeup from what i've heard. also throws an excellent late-breaking slider. 20 years old, right-handed. some projected him as the #1 prospect in all of baseball considering his age and ability to throw his fastball acuratel, though i'd say that's a bit of a reach. has impressed in the minors, but had a rough future's game. here's his minor league stats:
    W L ERA G GS SV IP H R ER HR BB SO HBP AVG
    7 6 2.47 17 17 0 102.0 71 30 28 5 25 106 2 .195

another yankee prospect who played in the futures game is CF jose tabata, but he is only 17 years old. his stats so far:
    AVG G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS OBP SLG OPS
    .321 77 293 46 94 22 1 5 49 28 56 14 5 .393 .454 .847

here's an article from baseballamerica.com on international prospect signings:
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...ws/261875.html

but if you're going by top-hyped players, then the yankees farm system is depleted. of the top 100 prospects, the yankees only posess two and one is having a terrible year (eric duncan), though many scouts expect him to improve and show his real potential. they are ranked 17th in the minor league talent rankings, actually ahead of the mets(i thought that would be fun to note). their main problem is that all their talent is so young and won't be ML ready for a while.