Thread: Yankees calling up AAA pitcher Kris Wilson to replace Shawn Chacon.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Thumbs up Yankees calling up AAA pitcher Kris Wilson to replace Shawn Chacon.

July 8, 2006 - Associated Press

RHP Kris Wilson will make his first start for the Yankees on Sunday. Wilson, called up from Triple-A Columbus on Wednesday, is replacing RHP Shawn Chacon in the rotation. ``I appreicate the opportunity,'' Wilson said. ``It's a great opportunity. It's fun. I'm going to go after them and throw strikes.''

I was wondering what the Yanks were going to do about Chacon, he has been horrendous this season.

I thought they might go after John Smoltz but apparently they think this kid could be the answer.

It's nice to see the Yanks farming some good young players the last couple of seasons with Robinson Cano last season and Cabrera this year and now this kid Wilson.

I hope he does well tonight.

Banned
    I dont like this move..chacon has to pitch more to be effective..they are not giving him this chance..and..he is much more clutch then jaret wright

this is the guy that got DFA'd from KC?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    I dont like this move..chacon has to pitch more to be effective..they are not giving him this chance..and..he is much more clutch then jaret wright
    Jaret Wright has played far better this season then Chacon. Since coming off the DL, Chacon has looked terrible.

They may also be anticipating Tanyon Sturtze's return from the 60 day DL. (hopefully) He should be back in the next week or 2.

All that aside, I'm excited to see this kid Wilson pitch.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 07-09-2006 at 10:59 AM.