Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midyear Report Card on MLB.Com

Banned

Midyear Report Card on MLB.Com

See..I'm not the only one...

Mets brave Atlanta
    Yeah, they've got a big foot on their throats. Sure, the Mets seem to have started the countdown to ending the Braves' run.

But two notes of caution. Chicago White Sox -- led the AL Central last season by a dozen in mid-July, and next thing you knew, they felt the Indians' breath on their neck. Larry Jones -- as long as he's Chipper, the Mets are uneasy.

The Mets have lost 10 games to NL East clubs; already the Braves have accounted for nearly half of them.

Book it: July 28-30 and Sept. 26-28, Atlanta; Sept. 4-6, New York.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    Dream on. Saw in one of the papers yesterday that if the Mets played 1 game under 500 the rest of the year, Atlanta would have to win 25 games OVER 500 to beat them..
    I know it's nice being young and full of dreams but face the truth.

The Boston Braves have a better chance of catching the Mets...

From your same source:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...ives&fext=.jsp

Mets vs. the NL East

6-3 vs FLA
    6-2 vs WAS
    5-4 vs ATL
    6-3 vs PHI

Mets are owning the NL East, Braves should focus on the WC race.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Mets vs. the NL East

6-3 vs FLA
    6-2 vs WAS
    5-4 vs ATL
    6-3 vs PHI

Mets are owning the NL East, Braves should focus on the WC race.
    so essentially the mets are dominating all of the minor league teams? Thats expected. One game edge on the Braves..come on guys...you can do better!

so essentially the mets are dominating all of the minor league teams? Thats expected. One game edge on the Braves..come on guys...you can do better!
    Atl Versus the "same minor league teams.

Atl vs NL East 32 15-17 46.9%

Florida Marlins 6-4
    New York Mets 4-5
    Philadelphia Phillies 1-4
    Washington Nationals 4-4

All League
    Braves fans must be drinking to think they have a shot of even making the playoffs.

Not like they'd do anything there anyway, except choke like usual.

Banned

dont worry about it..you are my hired gun on this board..you have ice water in your veins..you are the mercenary that was hired for just this purpose..

Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    dont worry about it..you are my hired gun on this board..you have ice water in your veins..you are the mercenary that was hired for just this purpose..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    Atl Versus the "same minor league teams.

Atl vs NL East 32 15-17 46.9%

Florida Marlins 6-4
    New York Mets 4-5
    Philadelphia Phillies 1-4
    Washington Nationals 4-4

And where did I say the Braves were beating those teams? I said those wins by the Mets were expected. You sure like to twist a lot of sh¡t around dont you?

Banned
    Always..I wont back down until the Braves are Mathematically eliminated from a playoff spot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer
    Braves fans must be drinking to think they have a shot of even making the playoffs.

Not like they'd do anything there anyway, except choke like usual.
    The Braves choke in the playoffs?
    Original.

And where did I say the Braves were beating those teams? I said those wins by the Mets were expected. You sure like to twist a lot of sh¡t around dont you?
    Dude cut the profanity and get a grip on it. Your the one who said the Mets beat minor league teams and thus implied they weren't crap, I just responded and reversed what you said. Now who is twisting what??

Banned

it took you a lil while to get this one..didn't it boricua???hahaha..I saw a reply..but nothing typed for a while..is your arsenal running low???

Banned
    Dude cut the profanity and get a grip on it. Your the one who said the Mets beat minor league teams and thus implied they weren't crap, I just responded and reversed what you said. Now who is twisting what??
    No one was talking braves..it was all mets. They are winning games they are supposed to. Did I say something to offend? Are you my teacher? Ill say whatever the fuuck I want! I'm young and Im BP's Soldier..like Kellen Winslow!

Banned
    No one was talking braves..it was all mets. They are winning games they are supposed to. Did I say something to offend? Are you my teacher? Ill say whatever the fuuck I want! I'm young and Im BP's Soldier..like Kellen Winslow!

hold up..I have to defend this..I actually like floridajet alot..he is a cool poster..

lighten up penny..please..

Banned
    hold up..I have to defend this..I actually like floridajet alot..he is a cool poster..

lighten up penny..please..
    It was a joke..you guys need to lighten up.

it took you a lil while to get this one..didn't it boricua???hahaha..I saw a reply..but nothing typed for a while..is your arsenal running low???
    I guess so. Your young blood buddy has my blood boiling ( I have grand kids older than him)and he has little respect. I pissed more baseball than he has seen. In my days I saw the likes of Eddie Stanky,Spahn and Sain , and too many others to name. You will never see any post of mine blast off any Jet fan no matter what sport is discussed. This doesn't make me any more knowledgeable than any poster on this board but I truly believe that my age and experience has earned me the right to deserve some respect. He means it when he sounds off with cuss words. I don't like it and I won't respond any longer to any thing he says. I have fun posting without using profanity and I can get down and dirty if I wanted to. I was raised in the South Bronx and found out quickly that all the bravado is foolish.

Think I'll take a couple of days off from posting but I will read the board daily.

I guess so. Your young blood buddy has my blood boiling ( I have grand kids older than him)and he has little respect. I pissed more baseball than he has seen. In my days I saw the likes of Eddie Stanky,Spahn and Sain , and too many others to name. You will never see any post of mine blast off any Jet fan no matter what sport is discussed. This doesn't make me any more knowledgeable than any poster on this board but I truly believe that my age and experience has earned me the right to deserve some respect. He means it when he sounds off with cuss words. I don't like it and I won't respond any longer to any thing he says. I have fun posting without using profanity and I can get down and dirty if I wanted to. I was raised in the South Bronx and found out quickly that all the bravado is foolish.

Think I'll take a couple of days off from posting but I will read the board daily.

come on, you can't sto posting!!! who's gonna knock BP down a peg when he gets a little too high and mighty (just a joke BP)??

Banned

It's a messageboard. Relax. Respect? For someone who claims to be old and wise you should know not to judge people you don't know. You think I would rant like that with the whole Kellen Winslow thing? Do you remember how he carried on with that interview? I was merely mocking him. It was a joke. Don't not post because you misconstrue what I say. I dont have a problem with you having a difference of opinion when it comes to baseball..hell, I am at a difference with everyone at this New York dominated sports site. But don't for one minute think you know me well enough to say I have no respect. 99% of this board is fluent with the "F" word in their everyday lives...so it wouldn't be fair to single one person out. Your age and experience should earn you respect? Try earning it first, by not attacking someone personally. I never once made a comment about you..we discussed baseball. Funny how one that wants some respect lacks it when it comes to others.