Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Nats rip off another MLB Club

Hall Of Fame

OT: Nats rip off another MLB Club

What a lopsided trade the Washington Nationals pulled off once again. 1st it was Soriano.. Now the Reds send Felipe Lopez and Austin Kearns to the Nats for Bullpen help?? Sure it helps the Reds bullpen but come on!!! Watch out Philles and Braves, the Nats are coming to get you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

"Bullpen help?"

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    "Bullpen help?"

Thats the Reds GM excuse. He says he expects to get criticized but smart people will say it was a good move.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    Thats the Reds GM excuse. He says he expects to get criticized but smart people will say it was a good move.

Updated: July 13, 2006, 7:17 PM ET
    Reds swap Kearns to Nats for Clayton, pitchersAssociated Press

The Reds parted with right fielder Austin Kearns and shortstop Felipe Lopez, hoping to shore up one of the majors' worst bullpens.

"We paid a steep price," Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky said. "I'm sure this will be a controversial trade. I know a lot of people will be leaving nasty messages on my voicemail, and I'll have some who think it's great."

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You still haven't told us who the pitcher involved is.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    You still haven't told us who the pitcher involved is.

Noone great. Gary Majewski, and Bill Bray. lol. Also they get Royce Clayton.

complete ripoff. i have felipe lopez on my fantasy team. not a hr hitter, so i don't know if this will help or hurt.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    complete ripoff. i have felipe lopez on my fantasy team. not a hr hitter, so i don't know if this will help or hurt.

He steals bases. If anything though I would say it would hurt you. Washington is a pitchers park. Homers arent everything in Fantasy.

He steals bases. If anything though I would say it would hurt you. Washington is a pitchers park. Homers arent everything in Fantasy.
    i know its a pitchers park but with a line drive hitter it could help.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    i know its a pitchers park but with a line drive hitter it could help.

Hitters parks benefit line drive hitters too. More gappers..etc

All Pro
    What a lopsided trade the Washington Nationals pulled off once again. 1st it was Soriano.. Now the Reds send Felipe Lopez and Austin Kearns to the Nats for Bullpen help?? Sure it helps the Reds bullpen but come on!!! Watch out Philles and Braves, the Nats are coming to get you.
    Yeah it seems pretty lopsided. At least the Mets bullpen is strong.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGee77

Yes indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGee77
    I really dont think were that strong to be honest. I have 0% confidence in Heilman, hes been garbage all year and gets us into trouble whenever he comes in. Enough hype saying he strengthens our bullpen, caus he doesnt, everyone is just relying on his strong september from the 05 season. I think hes putting on a "sourpuss" caus hes not starting, but at this point, with the bringing up of henry owens, heilman might as well get his shot as a starter. Duaner Sanchez WAS a Godsend until our first series with Philly this year, when he gave up his first run of the year in the 8th inning of that game. Since than, hes rebounded, but still shaky nonetheless. Oliver actually has been 1 of my favorites from the pen'. Bell is alright. Wagner, i do think he's gonna be okay, just gets my heart in my throat everytime he comes in. I'd like to see Henry Owens a lot more now that hes here..

Quote Originally Posted by unchartedm0nkey
    I really dont think were that strong to be honest. I have 0% confidence in Heilman, hes been garbage all year and gets us into trouble whenever he comes in. Enough hype saying he strengthens our bullpen, caus he doesnt, everyone is just relying on his strong september from the 05 season. I think hes putting on a "sourpuss" caus hes not starting, but at this point, with the bringing up of henry owens, heilman might as well get his shot as a starter. Duaner Sanchez WAS a Godsend until our first series with Philly this year, when he gave up his first run of the year in the 8th inning of that game. Since than, hes rebounded, but still shaky nonetheless. Oliver actually has been 1 of my favorites from the pen'. Bell is alright. Wagner, i do think he's gonna be okay, just gets my heart in my throat everytime he comes in. I'd like to see Henry Owens a lot more now that hes here..
    Mets bullpen MLB ranks

ERA- #1 (3.24)
    K's- #2 (270)
    Wins- #2 (18)
    BAA- #2 (.239

The Met bullpen is the best in the league by far.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by unchartedm0nkey

Your dumb, or blind. The Mets probably got the top 3 bullpens in MLB.... Sanchez has been nailS!! all but maybe 4 games. Heilman will be traded before you see him in any rotation. And Bell was already sent down to AAA.

To further elaborate on the pen

Sanchez- 2.45 ERA 1.24 WHIP
    Feliciano- 2.34, 1.21
    Bradford- 3.48, 1.10
    Oliver- 2.19, .97
    Wagner- 2.43, 1.11
    Heilman- 4.35, 1.31

4 of our pen guys with an ERA below 2.5

Also to the Bell is alright comment, Heath Bell blows. 1.82 WHIP is atrocious.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    To further elaborate on the pen

Sanchez- 2.45 ERA 1.24 WHIP
    Feliciano- 2.34, 1.21
    Bradford- 3.48, 1.10
    Oliver- 2.19, .97
    Wagner- 2.43, 1.11
    Heilman- 4.35, 1.31

4 of our pen guys with an ERA below 2.5

Also to the Bell is alright comment, Heath Bell blows. 1.82 WHIP is atrocious.

Wagners numbers are pretty impressive concidering all the heat a lot of the Mets fans give him.

Wagners numbers are pretty impressive concidering all the heat a lot of the Mets fans give him.
    He has been better in non-save situations.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    He has been better in non-save situations.

I've noticed something..... Even when I agree with you on something, you always find a way not to agree.

I've noticed something..... Even when I agree with you on something, you always find a way not to agree.
    Your just not as smart as me.

Anyway as to the thread title, who did the Nats rip off the first time, for there to be another time?

I wouldn't consider the Soriano deal a ripoff.