Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How About Those Yankees!!!

Banned

How About Those Yankees!!!

A thorough manhandling/ass wooping of the defending champs..6 out of the last 7..with the discount rookies..I have a good feeling

All Pro
    I especially enjoyed watching Ozzie face while his team gets owned.I can't stand that guy.What can I say the young guys and utility guys are raising there playing level. Good win!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

All we need is for the Red Sox* to experience one injury the likes that the Yankees have seen and it all but seals the division.

SAR I

* 2004 fluke

Red Sox rotation has killed them all year.

Jon Lester is one of the luckiest pitchers thus far, he will start to get creamed.

Josh Beckett, can you say overrated, I hated the trade for the Sox.

David Wells gets hurt.

Only go-to guy they have is Schilling and he is a 39 year old power pitcher. The Yankees should win this division once Cano, Pavano (?), Matsui and maybe Sheffield get back.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Mods........your #1 Ass Kisser is requesting that this thread be moved to the baseball forum.......thank you in advance.........

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    Mods........your #1 Ass Kisser is requesting that this thread be moved to the baseball forum.......thank you in advance.........
    You don't mind if we review the standings first, no?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    You don't mind if we review the standings first, no?
    Not at all.........

yanks played great today, especially the "Baby Bombers' -- Cairo, Melky, Philips and Bubba.

word is Matsui will be locked and loaded by August 20th and Shef will be a full go by the first week of September. watch out, Fall is going to be one hell of a run.

Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    A thorough manhandling/ass wooping of the defending champs..6 out of the last 7..with the discount rookies..I have a good feeling
    BP, did you go to the Yankees game today?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    BP, did you go to the Yankees game today?

no..I'm going tommorow night

Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    no..I'm going tommorow night
    o, ok, i went today, and this dude next to me looked EXACTLY like that picture you had of yourself on JI, so i figured maybe it was you, lmao...

this just goes to show you... you can never count the yankees out of anything. if we were out of it, we would have been at least 8 games out at the break instead of 3 and now we're only a 1/2 game out after we manhandled chicago.

YANKS IN '06!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    o, ok, i went today, and this dude next to me looked EXACTLY like that picture you had of yourself on JI, so i figured maybe it was you, lmao...

I will be in my MVP box seat behind the Yankee dugout..when Damon steps out of the box look for a eat at emslaves sign.. that will be me..

I will start to get tanked at houlihans in penn station at 5pm..the rendezvous point for my posse

If I was part of Redsux Nation I'd be soiling my pants right now. Props to Cashman for keeping it real this season and pretty much going with the baby bombers, his hand is indeed no longer forced by the Tampa Lynch Mob. I love watching this team!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    Can we move all the annoying Mets fans reacharound threads while we're at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    I thought it was a good trade at the time. I mean, Beckett was, in my opinion, Florida's best pitcher after Willis.

Wakefield can be trouble for a teams offense as well. Lets not forget that the Sox still have their knuckleballer (although, when he gets roughed up, it's all over, since he is so heavily reliant on one pitch).

The Yankees have a weak starting rotation, but the bullpen is the best it has been in a few years, if you ask me. With the exception of Rivera, there aren't any bullpen "superstars" anymore, and time is spread out more evenly, which taxes the bullpen less and has performed well.

That said, the 5th starter spot is very much still up for grabs, and Ponson (once again, imho) is not going to be the man to fill the job.

The Yankee offense keeps churning away, without the big bats, the Yankees are playing like they haven't played in almost a decade... Getting guys on base and moving the runners over. I believe that it may actually hurt the Yankees' offensive chemistry to bring back Matsui and Sheff at this point, and reinstate the old swing for the fences / win it with a homerun mentality that had previously lead to some embarrassing failures.

Will the Yankees win the AL East? Who knows, it's still up for grabs...

Can the Yankees win the AL East? ABSOLUTELY, in fact, even without any offensive additions, I believe that if the Yankees play the rest of the season like they played this weekend, they WILL win the division.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    Can we move all the annoying Mets fans reacharound threads while we're at it?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Red Sox rotation has killed them all year.

Jon Lester is one of the luckiest pitchers thus far, he will start to get creamed.

David Wells gets hurt.

Only go-to guy they have is Schilling and he is a 39 year old power pitcher. The Yankees should win this division once Cano, Pavano (?), Matsui and maybe Sheffield get back.
    I agree, except for Lester (Sp?). He may be the real deal. If I were a Red Sox fan, I'd be more concerned about Becket. He gives up a ton of HRs and is not pitching with a lot of confidence. Where would they be without Papelbon?

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Great job by the Yanks. You can never count them out. Apparently some of the talking heads were????

sucks for the yankees but Smoltz will be on the red sox very soon....and the division will go bye bye.....