Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT:Best Stand Up Joke Of All Time

[QUOTE=savage69]No love for Lenny Bruce?? Or Bob Hope,George Burns and Gracie Allen,Lucille Ball,Carroll Burnett? Well at least no one said Gallagher! :yes:[/QUOTE]

And no love for this guy?

[QUOTE=broadwayjoe2]Kinison was great....

Another old time comic who is hilarious in person is Don Rickles.

I saw him at the Desert Inn about 7-8 years ago, and I never laughed so hard.[/QUOTE]
    Sam Kinison - friggin genius!!!

"You know, we've been coming here to Africa to help you people out and give you food for about 4 decades now and we came to a realization...

Come here, let me show you something. You see this? This is sand. You know what it's gonna be a thousand years from now? IT'S GONNA BE ****ING SAND!!! YOU LIVE IN A ****ING DESERT!!! MOVE TO WHERE THE FOOD IS!!!!!"
    Last edited by Klecko73isGod; 07-19-2006 at 12:25 PM.

what about.....
    Last edited by FF2; 02-25-2008 at 01:24 PM.

I'm not convinced Carrot Top isn't some sort of Alien.

Regardless.... the dude is definitely not human.

[QUOTE=scott dierking II]'tis a shame that no one has mentioned Bill Hicks.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

I was hoping someone on this thread would finally get around to the guy who influenced every comic that has ever perfomed since the mid-1990s.

Sadly, his comedy is even more relevant in today's America than it was when he was alive.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]Chapelle #2 of all time? Come on man. What about Woody Allen? What about Sam Kinison? Rodney Dangerfield? Bill Cosby? Steve Martin?

All those guys were innovators, they paved the way so guys like Chappelle could do the jokes that he's able to do.

I can understand that top 5 from a personal preference POV, but not "best comedians ever."

Comedy Central ranked the top 100 recently, the top 5 were:

1. Richard Pryor
    2. George Carlin
    3. Lenny Bruce
    4. Woody Allen
    5. Chris Rock

My personal top 5 would be:

1. Sam Kinison
    2. Chris Rock
    3. Eddie Murphy
    4. Rodney Dangerfield
    5. Cedric the Entertainer (I know, a lot of people hate his comedy, but I love it. "I'm a grown a$$ man dawg.")[/QUOTE]

Rodney Dangerfield has got to be in any top 5

Agreed. Rodney Dangerfield was side splitting funny. He used to have Johnny Carson laughing so hard that Carson had to go to commercial break to regain composure.

Hall Of Fame
    I remember when he said that we needed crack.

Yeah.

Crack.

We needed.

Funny stuff.

Crack.

Yeah.

He said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetsMike]Rodney Dangerfield has got to be in any top 5[/QUOTE]
    Your right and he still gets "No Respect"!! :yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Untouchable]Dude, almost every comedian you just named sucks ass.

Dennis Leary is just a cocky b!tch, Larry the Cable guy is just the same stale joke over and over again. Giraldo shouldn't even have a job in comedy, Colin Quinn might be the least funny guy on the planet, and I don't know who the hell Steve Rizzo or Ralphie May are.

Dennis Miller, Eddie Griffin, George Carlin, Jackie Mason, Ron White, Nick DiPaolo, and Dave Attell are all funny, I'll give you that.

But they're not in the same league as Dave Chappelle, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Dane Cook, or Chris Rock. Except for George Carlin.[/QUOTE]

About 2 months ago I saw Nick DiPaolo here in Virgininia at a small basement venue. He went off making fun of the location for about 10 minutes. Guy is hilarious. But, saw Ron White live in DC. I thought i was gonna freakin die I laughed so hard. If you had to Pick an all time tough to ignore Lenny Bruce or Richard Pryor.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    If you're a parent, Bill Cosby himself is gold.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ChanTheMaster]If you're a parent, Bill Cosby himself is gold.[/QUOTE]
    Cosby is more then Gold away from Comedy as well! His thoughts are killed by alot of Black leadership but he's right on the money! :yes:

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

This Eddie Murphy clip is to die for.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7SIVOV3joc[/url]

SAR I

Rookie
    I love Flip Wilson...yeah he's mega old school but he was funny with out swearing, thats true wit.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I]This Eddie Murphy clip is to die for.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

LOL, that was funny.

Jets Insider VIP
    Anybody ever see The Man on the Moon ie., life of Andy Kaufman. His character Tony Clifton was one of the funnies I ever seen.

[IMG]http://andykaufman.jvlnet.com/zmutom.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=RMJK]Anybody ever see The Man on the Moon ie., life of Andy Kaufman. His character Tony Clifton was one of the funnies I ever seen.

[IMG]http://andykaufman.jvlnet.com/zmutom.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Wow, you're really a big Kaufman fan aren't you?

I must say, Breakfast With Blassie is definitely one of the funniest things I've seen. That and when he lip-sync'd the theme to Mighty Mouse.

[QUOTE=SAR I]This Eddie Murphy clip is to die for.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

lol, it's a shame he made himself into a walking punchline with stuff like that.

Murphy was so brilliant in his prime though, this was always one of my favorites....

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWOlM_XSH2E&search=eddie%20murphy[/url]

(BTW, is there anything cooler than youtube? You can find stuff that's not even released on DVD that you haven't heard or seen in years).

Banned
    No mention of Lewis Black?

No mention of Mitch Hedberg? [SIZE=1](personally not a huge fan, but all my college friends were)[/SIZE]

Jets Insider VIP
    I dsont know how this guy said that the Chapelle skit was the funniest standup joke ever :confused: :huh: