Thread: YANKS will runaway W/east!!!!

YANKS will runaway W/east!!!!

The Yankees, in my mind, have started their push to take over the AL east for the rest of the season. With the yanks, there's no telling which player is going to be the hero.

Hall Of Fame

dont worry...the curse of a-rod will strike sometime in october if you guys do assume control of the division...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC
    The Yankees, in my mind, have started their push to take over the AL east for the rest of the season. With the yanks, there's no telling which player is going to be the hero.
    shhh I don't want to hear about AL east div title until the shirts are on
    sale.

Banned
    after this thread has been started...I will guarantee that the yankees lose tonight

I think you guys have to be worried about both Toronto and Boston. Toronto got where they were without their big acquisition in AJ Burnett and although hes 1-3 I see him turning that around soon and Boston needs to get their pitching healthy, but when they do, watch out.

Nobody is 'running away' with the AL East this year, it'll come down to the very last week IMO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer

dont worry...the curse of a-rod will strike sometime in october if you guys do assume control of the division...

dude..can you take the cartoon of that damn man ass out of your sig??

I am getting physically ill every time you post

The Red Sox are finished. It just remains to be seen if Toronto can get hot and catch the Yankees.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    dude..can you take the cartoon of that damn man ass out of your sig??

I am getting physically ill every time you post
    The joys of turning off signatures!

Havent seen any in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer

i love how people make up curses after two years. here's a better one for you: the curse of don mattingly

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan44
    The Red Sox are finished. It just remains to be seen if Toronto can get hot and catch the Yankees.
    WTF have you been smokin? I want some!!!!

All Pro
    The Sox need more out of Beckett or it aint gonna happen. Reief pitching and defense are not enough. They need one or two starters to step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    i love how people make up curses after two years. here's a better one for you: the curse of don mattingly
    Or Ted Williams... He never won a WS so he must have sucked, right?

Either way, this one will go down to the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Or Ted Williams... He never won a WS so he must have sucked, right?

Either way, this one will go down to the wire.
    yeah, the curse of teddy ballgame would work, but so would the curse of yaz, the curse of rice, the curse of fisk, the curse of etc. it was easier to just stick to the bambino

No one will run away with anything because both teams play each other 9 times in September.

All League
    2-2, bottom of 7.
    Phillips just doubled in A-Rod!
    They were only down 2-0 today but this team is starting to resemble the 98-00 teams with their 'never quit' mentality.

Those 9 games in Aug/Sept. will decide it all!

Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    after this thread has been started...I will guarantee that the yankees lose tonight

don't worry if the yankees continue to be called safe at first when they are clearly out then they shoudl be winning a whole lot more games..........

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    don't worry if the yankees continue to be called safe at first when they are clearly out then they shoudl be winning a whole lot more games..........
    And don't you worry... The umps got us right back in yesterdays game by making Andy Phillips go back to second base for absolutely no reason when he should have been on 3rd base with nobody out. I would love to hear that moron of an umps explanation for that one. That's not just a missed call - that's just him f*cking a team over.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    WTF have you been smokin? I want some!!!!
    Hey, one can hope, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    And don't you worry... The umps got us right back in yesterdays game by making Andy Phillips go back to second base for absolutely no reason when he should have been on 3rd base with nobody out. I would love to hear that moron of an umps explanation for that one. That's not just a missed call - that's just him f*cking a team over.
    That call was complete bull****. Why should the play be dead??? Because the Seattle catcher is an idiot who forgot that there was still another baserunner?? No ump even signalled the play dead. Complete bull.