Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Beltran "MVP"

All Pro
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    Post Thanks / Like

Carlos Beltran "MVP"

yea booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooyyyy

my vote for MVP Carlos Beltran No 15 NEW YORK METS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i love beltran but wright and reyes have both also been phenominal.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'm a homer............

David Wright for me!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beltran needs to bring up his average to get MVP consideration, .279 is not good enough for that.

EDIT: P2C, can i atleast get my own line in your signature? emslave is cool and all, but why are we the only ones sharing?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    Beltran needs to bring up his average to get MVP consideration, .279 is not good enough for that.

EDIT: P2C, can i atleast get my own line in your signature? emslave is cool and all, but why are we the only ones sharing?
    LOL...just starting a new column. I wouldnt put you in the same category as that ...don't worry.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When will people start to realize that BA doesn't mean sh*t? Over the course of the full season, he is projected to have 155 hits in 554 AB's - which gives him that .279 BA. What is good enough to be an MVP? A .300 BA? Or, an extra 12 hits over the course of the 162 games? An extra hit every 13.5 games? THIS is the difference between someone who should win the MVP and someone who shouldn't?

Stop getting hung up on BA... It doesn't mean sh*t. And yeah, Beltran would be my MVP if I was voting. Wright has had a great offensive year, but Beltran's has been just as good (if not better) and he plays a position where you usually don't get much offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    When will people start to realize that BA doesn't mean sh*t? Over the course of the full season, he is projected to have 155 hits in 554 AB's - which gives him that .279 BA. What is good enough to be an MVP? A .300 BA? Or, an extra 12 hits over the course of the 162 games? An extra hit every 13.5 games? THIS is the difference between someone who should win the MVP and someone who shouldn't?

Stop getting hung up on BA... It doesn't mean sh*t. And yeah, Beltran would be my MVP if I was voting. Wright has had a great offensive year, but Beltran's has been just as good (if not better) and he plays a position where you usually don't get much offense.
    BA is overvalued but i disagree that it's sh*t - a 7% increase in hits when you hit for power is a decent amount

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    BA is overvalued but i disagree that it's sh*t - a 7% increase in hits when you hit for power is a decent amount
    The key part of that sentence is the "when you hit for power." Yes, that is true and that will be shown with your SLG %. But to say that Beltran doesn't deserve the MVP because he's only hitting .279 even though he is slugging over .600 is ridiculous. Would you rather he slugged .500 but had that .300 BA? When looking at productivity of a hitter, just look at OBP and SLG.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like

emslave and EricYellin sittin' in a tree...............

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The key part of that sentence is the "when you hit for power." Yes, that is true and that will be shown with your SLG %. But to say that Beltran doesn't deserve the MVP because he's only hitting .279 even though he is slugging over .600 is ridiculous. Would you rather he slugged .500 but had that .300 BA? When looking at productivity of a hitter, just look at OBP and SLG.
    You don't think Pujols is the MVP?

Beltran's D has been great this year, 4.2 defensive win shares, but Pujols is the best hitter in the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3

Beltran's D has been great this year, 4.2 defensive win shares, but Pujols is the best hitter in the game.
    If he hadn't missed those 3 weeks then definitely. In fact, even after missing those weeks, he still might be. Just looked it up and according to win shares, he is. Beltran is 2nd though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Pujolis is the man but then Wright and Beltran are right behind in my book.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Wright has had a great offensive year, but Beltran's
    has been just as good (if not better) and he plays a position where you usually don't get much offense.
    You usually don't get much offense from CF?

Are you kidding?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    One word, well actually two. Andruw Jones. Superior numbers except for BA... More RBI and HR than Pujols, better defense than Pujols. Voters just didn't like the average.. in 2005...

Anyways how can Beltran be MVP when he isn't even the MVP of his own team? Wright (And arguably Reyes) are more valuable...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rep
    One word, well actually two. Andruw Jones. Superior numbers except for BA... More RBI and HR than Pujols, better defense than Pujols. Voters just didn't like the average.. in 2005...

Anyways how can Beltran be MVP when he isn't even the MVP of his own team? Wright (And arguably Reyes) are more valuable...
    good man.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    good man.
    Below .500 teams don't deserve the MVP.

And Beltran is as valuable a player as Wright or Reyes.

Beltran has a higher OBP and SLG than Andruw, and more HR's, Runs, and SB's in 10 less games.

Spare me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andruw Jones' defense has slipped a bit as well, he is still GG caliber, just he isn't what he used to be out there. He got a little heavy over teh years.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andruw Jones' defense has slipped a bit as well, he is still GG caliber, just he isn't what he used to be out there. He got a little heavy over teh years.
    whatever you say.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    You usually don't get much offense from CF?

Are you kidding?
    he's right, plus beltran plays a better CF than Wright plays 3B

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    whatever you say.
    seriously, you could bounce a quarter off of andruw's six pack