Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: OT: Arod Trade Rumor

  1. #1
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    OT: Arod Trade Rumor

    I was just watching the Braves/Marlins game and they were talking about a rumor thats floating around..They said that the Yankees and Giants have been talking about a package that would send Arod to the Giants for Jason Schmidt and Pedro Feliz...They also said that the rumor is the Giants wouldn't get any money from the Yanks..

    The Giants could easily afford Arod because next season Bonds 20mil a year comes off the books...

    The Yanks get an Ace/front of the rotation guy and a darn good 3rd baseman in Feliz..Hes not Arod but he ain't no scrub. Feliz only makes 4mil and has nice stats AVG .266 | HR 16 | RBI 68 | OBP .305 | SLG .470 and is solid in the field..

    Its not a bad trade for either team and i personally think it would help the Yanks become a better team this season..Arod numbers are better the Feliz but not by much and Schmidt would give them a big time arm for the front-side...Plus they get Sheff and Matsui back this year..


    Like I said this is just a rumor but I'm curious to see how you Yankee fans would feel if this trade ever went down..

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cashman was just on the FAN and was defending AROD to the death. Didn't sound like he was too hot on the idea of trading him.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    if its true, thats a great trade for the giants...to say nothing of the fact that it lets them transition from one legendary player to another, and they'd still end up as hte franchise with the all time home run kind in a decade...

    of course, i'm sure its not true...

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,590
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    I was just watching the Braves/Marlins game and they were talking about a rumor thats floating around..They said that the Yankees and Giants have been talking about a package that would send Arod to the Giants for Jason Schmidt and Pedro Feliz...They also said that the rumor is the Giants wouldn't get any money from the Yanks..

    The Giants could easily afford Arod because next season Bonds 20mil a year comes off the books...

    The Yanks get an Ace/front of the rotation guy and a darn good 3rd baseman in Feliz..Hes not Arod but he ain't no scrub. Feliz only makes 4mil and has nice stats AVG .266 | HR 16 | RBI 68 | OBP .305 | SLG .470 and is solid in the field..

    Its not a bad trade for either team and i personally think it would help the Yanks become a better team this season..Arod numbers are better the Feliz but not by much and Schmidt would give them a big time arm for the front-side...Plus they get Sheff and Matsui back this year..


    Like I said this is just a rumor but I'm curious to see how you Yankee fans would feel if this trade ever went down..
    No one's that stupid. A-Rod is having the worst year of his career by far, and he's still one of the top 5 at his position. The Yankees are only paying him $15 milllion a year, less then some of A-Rod's teammates.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,545
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I can't speak for Yankee fans, but as a Dodgers fan I would hate it.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    8,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    I was just watching the Braves/Marlins game and they were talking about a rumor thats floating around..They said that the Yankees and Giants have been talking about a package that would send Arod to the Giants for Jason Schmidt and Pedro Feliz...They also said that the rumor is the Giants wouldn't get any money from the Yanks..

    The Giants could easily afford Arod because next season Bonds 20mil a year comes off the books...

    The Yanks get an Ace/front of the rotation guy and a darn good 3rd baseman in Feliz..Hes not Arod but he ain't no scrub. Feliz only makes 4mil and has nice stats AVG .266 | HR 16 | RBI 68 | OBP .305 | SLG .470 and is solid in the field..

    Its not a bad trade for either team and i personally think it would help the Yanks become a better team this season..Arod numbers are better the Feliz but not by much and Schmidt would give them a big time arm for the front-side...Plus they get Sheff and Matsui back this year..


    Like I said this is just a rumor but I'm curious to see how you Yankee fans would feel if this trade ever went down..
    good man! I am watching the game from work as well!

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,257
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I just heard Cashman on WFAN as well and it didnt seem like there were any indications of trading ARod, but than again, even if he is planning on at least putting something together, I doubt he would just come right out and say it on the radio...

  8. #8
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    A-Rod isn't going anywhere

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    I was just watching the Braves/Marlins game and they were talking about a rumor thats floating around..They said that the Yankees and Giants have been talking about a package that would send Arod to the Giants for Jason Schmidt and Pedro Feliz...They also said that the rumor is the Giants wouldn't get any money from the Yanks..

    The Giants could easily afford Arod because next season Bonds 20mil a year comes off the books...

    The Yanks get an Ace/front of the rotation guy and a darn good 3rd baseman in Feliz..Hes not Arod but he ain't no scrub. Feliz only makes 4mil and has nice stats AVG .266 | HR 16 | RBI 68 | OBP .305 | SLG .470 and is solid in the field..

    Its not a bad trade for either team and i personally think it would help the Yanks become a better team this season..Arod numbers are better the Feliz but not by much and Schmidt would give them a big time arm for the front-side...Plus they get Sheff and Matsui back this year..


    Like I said this is just a rumor but I'm curious to see how you Yankee fans would feel if this trade ever went down..
    NO WAY would I make that trade. Schmidt is injury prone and feliz while a nice player is no a-rod.

    djr44

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Yanks ever did trade Arod they wouldnt get a ton in return..Only a few teams can afford him 1st of all and the ones that can afford him wont trade the house and then pay him 15 mil a year..


    So while i understand the trade may seem silly they are actually getting some good players in return if this ever happend..


    Its the same reason why Boston cant find teams to pull the trigger on Manny..Nobody wants to trade alot and then have to go out and pay him 2omil a season..

    So if the Yanks ever did want to let him go they would have to settle and take what they can get..

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,035
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let the guy work his way out of the slump. He's got too much talent and he was the MVP just last year. Once he realizes NY hates phonies and starts being himself, everything'll click and he's gonna be a monster.

    The only problem is that I hope what we've seen isn't the real A-Rod.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djr44
    NO WAY would I make that trade. Schmidt is injury prone and feliz while a nice player is no a-rod.

    djr44
    True. But if SF threw in some of their top prospects, you never know.

    If someone is willing to "blow away" Cashman with a trade package, I'd have to believe he'd entertain it. He'd be crazy not to. It's like if the Marlins offered Cashman Willis and Miguel Cabrera for ARod (who'd be going back home), you think he would just turn that down?

    Plus, we shouldn't put much stock in ARod's no trade clause. Why? If Cashman and Joe personnaly tell ARod they don't want him there anymore, you'd think he'd want to stay?

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Cashman was just on the FAN and was defending AROD to the death. Didn't sound like he was too hot on the idea of trading him.
    Remember Herman Edwards a few days before he bolted to Kansas City.

  14. #14
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Cashman was just on the FAN and was defending AROD to the death. Didn't sound like he was too hot on the idea of trading him.
    Doesn't Cashman have a boss that could think otherwise?

  15. #15
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    If the Yanks ever did trade Arod they wouldnt get a ton in return..Only a few teams can afford him 1st of all and the ones that can afford him wont trade the house and then pay him 15 mil a year..


    So while i understand the trade may seem silly they are actually getting some good players in return if this ever happend..


    Its the same reason why Boston cant find teams to pull the trigger on Manny..Nobody wants to trade alot and then have to go out and pay him 2omil a season..

    So if the Yanks ever did want to let him go they would have to settle and take what they can get..


    the difference is that Manny's antics are only tolerated in Boston. Ignoring fans, posing after homeruns, wearing those stupid Oakley Thumps -- all that garbage goes from "That's just Manny being Manny" to "That's just Manny being a diickhead."

    Francona and Epstein are huge pu$$ies

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Yankees could get the Giants to replace Schmidt with Matt Cain, I'd do the deal. LOL

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless Arod is batting .240 with 12 homers and 42 RBI by 7/30 in a season, I'd guarantee that the Yanks would not trade him for less then top flight young major league talent and blue-chip prospects.

  18. #18
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pitching wins championships...The Yanks are leading the wild card race and almost the division without Sheff and Matsui..So yes they would be losing Arod but then they get the pitching the really need..And an ace!!

    So they lose Arod but replace him with Schmidt, Feliz, Matsui and Sheff

  19. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    611
    Post Thanks / Like
    You all need to stop listening to Steve Philips there is a reason why he is no longer a GM. I would be SHOCKED if A-rod is ever traded. Having the worest year of his career and he is first in almost every catagoy for 3rd baseman in terms of hitting. I think only the guy from the white sox has a better slg % and only by a few points. Plus that guy is not even close when it comes to the rest of the catagories.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    Pitching wins championships...The Yanks are leading the wild card race and almost the division without Sheff and Matsui..So yes they would be losing Arod but then they get the pitching the really need..And an ace!!

    So they lose Arod but replace him with Schmidt, Feliz, Matsui and Sheff
    You aren't a Yankee fan are you?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us