View Poll Results: Twins, Chisox, or Yankees? (Assuming Boston/Detroit win Divisions)

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twins

9 40.91%
  • White Sox

4 18.18%
  • Yankees

9 40.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Get the AL Wildcard?

Who Will Get the AL Wildcard?

Assuming the Red Sox and Tigers win their Divisions.

I would have to say its coming out of the Central... I know the Yankees swept the white sox, but they were (are still) going through a rough time and if they rebound, both them and the Twins outclass the Yankees.

No Blue Jays?

Anyway I think its gonna be the Twins. Winning all these games without their supposed best position player, Torii Hunter

And imagine facing Santana-Liriano-Radke (big time playoff performer) in the playoffs...wow

Quote Originally Posted by -inVINCEible-
    No Blue Jays?

Anyway I think its gonna be the Twins. Winning all these games without their supposed best position player, Torii Hunter

And imagine facing Santana-Liriano-Radke (big time playoff performer) in the playoffs...wow
    Santana/Liriano G1/G2 in a 5G series is just filthy but I dont think any of those teams are gonna have a chance to set rotation for the playoffs

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine

I would have to say its coming out of the Central... I know the Yankees swept the white sox, but they were (are still) going through a rough time and if they rebound, both them and the Twins outclass the Yankees.
    Let me go out on a limb here, Jermaine.

You didn't vote for the Yankees?

Banned
    The Braves..oh..this is the AL? Nevermind..I voted for the Twins.

Why would you assume the Red Sox will win the division. Thier only 1.5 up on the Yankees and still have a lot of games left against them. Personally I think the Yankees will win the division.

Another thing, explain this rough stretch the Yankees are going through. They've won 13 out of their last 18, the starting pitching has been great, and they're coming off a sweep of Texas on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    Why would you assume the Red Sox will win the division. Thier only 1.5 up on the Yankees and still have a lot of games left against them. Personally I think the Yankees will win the division.

Another thing, explain this rough stretch the Yankees are going through. They've won 13 out of their last 18, the starting pitching has been great, and they're coming off a sweep of Texas on the road.
    was talking about the white sox.

was talking about the white sox.
    Gotcha, but I'm still not letting you off the hook. The White Sox may be struggling now, but they certainly weren't going into the Yankee series. In fact they were one of the hottest teams in baseball, even with losing 2 out of 3 to the Red Sox. There's no excuse you can make for the White Sox getting swept, and you can't downplay the win for the Yankees.

And you still can't assume that the Red Sox will win the division. It's assanine with a 1.5 game lead and 2 months left to play. Add to that fact that the Yankees have the better starting pitching.

Gotcha, but I'm still not letting you off the hook. The White Sox may be struggling now, but they certainly weren't going into the Yankee series. In fact they were one of the hottest teams in baseball, even with losing 2 out of 3 to the Red Sox. There's no excuse you can make for the White Sox getting swept, and you can't downplay the win for the Yankees.

And you still can't assume that the Red Sox will win the division. It's assanine with a 1.5 game lead and 2 months left to play. Add to that fact that the Yankees have the better starting pitching.
    First of all the Yankees do NOT have better starting pitching are you nuts?

I think you would be the only nut homer who would take the Yankees crap pitching over Boston... Besides which even statistically Boston is up at 8, the Yankees are like 13th in pitching.

Boston has equal or better hitting and a much better bullpen.

Boston also has much better clutch performers.

If the Yankees trade Proctor for Betemit also, that will be the final nail in the Yankees season hopes.

Hall Of Fame
    Besides which even statistically Boston is up at 8, the Yankees are like 13th in pitching.
    Please explain in what pitching stat that Boston is 8th and the Yankees are 13th.

It's not runs allow (NYY 4th..Boston 6th), ERA (NYY 5th..Boston 6th) or .BAA (NYY 3rd..Boston 5th).

First of all the Yankees do NOT have better starting pitching are you nuts?

I think you would be the only nut homer who would take the Yankees crap pitching over Boston... Besides which even statistically Boston is up at 8, the Yankees are like 13th in pitching.
    Boston has equal or better hitting and a much better bullpen.

Boston also has much better clutch performers.

If the Yankees trade Proctor for Betemit also, that will be the final nail in the Yankees season hopes.

Thank you CT. I had a strong feeling he was going to come back with an argument like that. And please research your stats before posting them, Jermaine. The Yankees starting pitching is clearly better than the Red Sox. Before accusing me of being a homer, why don't you take a look in the mirror.

Jermaine, quick question-
    Right now, who has the better top 3 starters:
    The Yankees or the Mets??

Bad assumption.

I would have to say its coming out of the Central...
    Yankees are leading the Wildcard... I think that the Central is toast.

I know the Yankees swept the white sox, but they were (are still) going through a rough time and if they rebound, both them and the Twins outclass the Yankees.
    The Twins have the same injury trouble as the Yankees. The Yankees, however, have been winning without the talent all season.

AL WILDCARD GOES TO... The Boston Red Sox.

I voted for the sox, I think they'll get back to form, and they've been pretty consistant for the most part

Banned

I believe the Yankees have the better top 3 pitchers over the mighty metropolitans

For some reason I had a feeling Jermaine wouldn't be coming back.

For some reason I had a feeling Jermaine wouldn't be coming back.
    yeah because it's a bunch of Yankee crybabys just whining in this thread.

Get into first place (for once) and then we'll talk.

your team is not respected by anyone because you win a few games here and there but everyone knows it's a crap team that will collapse in the postseason just like last year, if they get there.

yeah because it's a bunch of Yankee crybabys just whining in this thread.

Get into first place (for once) and then we'll talk.

your team is not respected by anyone because you win a few games here and there but everyone knows it's a crap team that will collapse in the postseason just like last year, if they get there.
    Who is crying? You said we wouldn't (that's WOULD NOT) make the playoffs, then you said that we would collapse in the playoffs. You said get into first place (we're a 1/2 game out) for once (won the division 9 straight years). The Mets are having a nice year. The Red Sox are a tough team, but any idiot that completely discounts the Yankees when they are a half game out and have not had their corner outfielders (and 3 & 5 hitters) is delusional. Sure the Yankees could miss the playoffs, they could just as easily win the division.
    Last edited by LittleEddie; 07-29-2006 at 05:54 PM.

The Yankee's have the better of the starters but the Mets equal or better them in everything else. And unlike most of you Yankee fans I respect and root for the other NY team (Yanks).

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    The Braves..oh..this is the AL? Nevermind..I voted for the Twins.
    You may want to gracefully change your position after losing 2 straight at home to the Mets.