Thread: How Filthy is Duaner???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

How Filthy is Duaner???

Seriously...

i'll be honest, after he caught that burner I thought he was scared to throw hard again... he still had great outings using his other pitches, but he wasnt throwing any fastballs...

Then tonight he comes back with 97....

This guy is absolutely nuts when his fastball is working... He has that to set up a really sweet offspeed, and then that just filthy nasty slider that is like 2 to 9, and then the big curve...

I wish we could start this guy or something...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    title is misleading... i really thought this was going to be a dirty sanchez joke.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    filthy sanchez has been incredible...

disagree with you on wanting to start him though...i love having this guy coming out of the bullpen in the late innings...between him and wagner (and sometimes heilman), the mets have the ability to turn it into a 7 inning game, and that is huge in the NL where teams lack significant offensive pop anyway...i want this guy coming out of th epen for the mets for years to come, maybe even taking over for Wags once his contract runs out...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has to stop walking so many people.

Other than that he has been awesome, definetly a great surprise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    Seriously...

i'll be honest, after he caught that burner I thought he was scared to throw hard again... he still had great outings using his other pitches, but he wasnt throwing any fastballs...

This guy is absolutely nuts when his fastball is working... He has that to set up a really sweet offspeed, and then that just filthy nasty slider that is like 2 to 9, and then the big curve...

The guy is lights out lately.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    Seriously...

Well he cant start if hes a reliever and not a rookie then he obviously isnt a starter and doesnt have the stamina to start. But what you forgot was his best pitch which is that circle change.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    Well he cant start if hes a reliever and not a rookie then he obviously isnt a starter and doesnt have the stamina to start. But what you forgot was his best pitch which is that circle change.
    That's what I meant by "really sweet offspeed"...

Anyway, I was joking about wishing he could start for us guys...

I just wish we had a bonafide power pitcher in the rotation.