Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Abreu and Lidle are Yankees

OT: Abreu and Lidle are Yankees

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2534459

So far, it seems that the Yanks didn't give up anybody important, hope they didn't include Proctor in this deal.

If so, this is just a tremendous pick-up for the Yanks, not only Abreu, but Lidle too.

Cory Lidle sucks, FYI

All League
    Hopefully we can catch lightning from Lidle for half the season from the NL->AL transition.

I'm not sold on Abreu being their savior for the season. They needed a better front line starter. Also, they gave up their top draft pick from 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by NJs FiNeSt
    I'm not sold on Abreu being their savior for the season. They needed a better front line starter. Also, they gave up their top draft pick from 2005.
    Henry was a shortstop, what future did he have with the Yankees?

They didn't give up any of their prized pitching prospects, or Proctor, and for that, it's a great move. They also didn't give up Tabata..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Cory Lidle sucks, FYI

I dont even know who Lidle is..

but..you have been saying ron vallone sucks all year..and he's been great for the yankees..so..if you think he sucks I'm optomistic

He could have replaced Jeter in some time. Derek isn't a kid anymore and this kid might have matured and been a good replacement. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by NJs FiNeSt
    He could have replaced Jeter in some time. Derek isn't a kid anymore and this kid might have matured and been a good replacement. Who knows?
    Jeter is 31, he's still in the middle of his prime, he's not going anywhere for a nother 6-7 years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19
    Jeter is 31, he's still in the middle of his prime, he's not going anywhere for a nother 6-7 years.

exactly..and that guy would have been trade bait sooner or later anyway

All Pro
    Agreed. CJ had no real future as a Yankee SS. Wonder what this means for Sheffield's future with the team though?

Great deal for the Yanks, Abreu is the real deal, and Lidle is a solid middle/back of rotation pitcher. Obviously it costs them money but just one top prospect.
    If the Red Sox don't have a move of their own, I think this makes the Yankees the favorite to win the division.

We must also remember that Abreu is also still in his prime and is also 31. Sure he's had a down year this year, the whole Philly team has. Who knows what a change of scenery and the Yankee pinstripes will do for him.

Abreu is a 5 tool player who can do it all.

All Pro
    The kid would not have got past eric duncan anyway if anything happens to jeter he will be the ss

Hall Of Fame
    Were set bring on number 27

Good move for the Yanks. A little foolish on getting YET another overpaid OF when they are set there but Lidle can be of tremendous help.

Very good deal for the Yankees. Held on to Tabata, Hughes, Duncan, and their other top farm hands. Henry has no use in this organization. Where would he play?? Not SS, 2B, or 3B. Abreu is the perfect 5 hitter and I think you'll see his power numbers rise in a lineup with Giambi and Arod (and soon Matsui). Plus the guy's an OBP machine. Sheffield had one foot out the door anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    Very good deal for the Yankees. Held on to Tabata, Hughes, Duncan, and their other top farm hands. Henry has no use in this organization. Where would he play?? Not SS, 2B, or 3B. Abreu is the perfect 5 hitter and I think you'll see his power numbers rise in a lineup with Giambi and Arod (and soon Matsui). Plus the guy's an OBP machine. Sheffield had one foot out the door anyway .

Can't wait to hear his mouth blast the Yankees.

Henry was a shortstop, what future did he have with the Yankees?
    He projects to be an outfielder by many scouts.

Sure he's had a down year this year, the whole Philly team has. Who knows what a change of scenery and the Yankee pinstripes will do for him.
    Although his slugging is down, the guy is still a .430 OBP type guy. That's incredible. If he can keep up what he has done this year, I'd be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by CMCorbet
    Agreed. CJ had no real future as a Yankee SS. Wonder what this means for Sheffield's future with the team though?
    it pretty much means sheff is done in the bronx after this year