Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LOL The Yankees Just Get MORE Disgusting

LOL The Yankees Just Get MORE Disgusting

Another overpaid Loser...

Is this even a "Team" anymore or just a conglomeration of various different corporations?

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine

Is this even a "Team" anymore or just a conglomeration of various different corporations?
    You're a jackass. Ever see the Mets roster lately??

Carlos Delgado
    Carlos Beltran
    Cliff Floyd
    Billy Wagner
    Pedro Martinez
    Tom Glavine
    Paul LoDuca
    Orlando Hernandez
    Xavier Nady
    Jose Valentin
    Steve Tracshel
    Julio Franco
    Endy Chavez
    Eli Marrero
    John Maine

Loads of homegrown talent there, right Jermaine??

And BTW, how is Abreu a loser??

Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51
    You're a jackass. Ever see the Mets roster lately??

Carlos Delgado
    Carlos Beltran
    Cliff Floyd
    Billy Wagner
    Pedro Martinez
    Tom Glavine
    Paul LoDuca
    Orlando Hernandez
    Xavier Nady
    Jose Valentin
    Steve Tracshel
    Julio Franco
    Endy Chavez
    Eli Marrero
    John Maine

Loads of homegrown talent there, right Jermaine??

And BTW, how is Abreu a loser??
    He's never played in a playoff game. Just a reason, don't agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    He's never played in a playoff game, he's not good in the clutch, and he doesnt hustle.

Actually he fits right in on this Yankee Team!

Besides which the Mets are completely different. They are built around a core of homegrown talent in Wright and Reyes. Minaya then did a great job in bringing in players who compliment each other and are good "team players".

This is different from the Steinbrenner approach which is "Sign the top all star Free Agents every offseason".

Why is he bringing in Abreu? Is there some sort of problem with Yankee Offense? They arent scoring any runs? No. The Yankee method is just to take the biggest name guy out there whenever possible, and you know what? For once I dont mind it, because it definatly aint working.

Until the "Yankee Method" changes and the organization starts developing homegrown talent, enjoy a string of crappy seasons watching overpaid losers with no chemistry barely scrape by.

He's never played in a playoff game, he's not good in the clutch, and he doesnt hustle.

Besides which the Mets are completely different. They are built around a core of homegrown talent in Wright and Reyes. Minaya then did a great job in bringing in players who compliment each other and are good "team players".

This is different from the Steinbrenner approach which is "Sign the top all star Free Agents every offseason".

Why is he bringing in Abreu? Is there some sort of problem with Yankee Offense? They arent scoring any runs? No. The Yankee method is just to take the biggest name guy out there whenever possible, and you know what? For once I dont mind it, because it definatly aint working.

Until the "Yankee Method" changes and the organization starts developing homegrown talent, enjoy a string of crappy seasons watching overpaid losers with no chemistry barely scrape by.
    First of all, name one player on the Yankees who doesn't hustle. That's right there are none. In case you didn't notice, the Yankees are built around guys with high OBP and can work walks. Abreu fits right in. He's an OBP machine, already has 91 walks this year. Plus he can steal bases, which makes him even more valuable. No one's asking him to carry the team, just to be productive.

FYI, the Mets aren't built around any one player. If the were, they wouldn't have signed Carlos Beltran for 19 million dollars. They wouldn't have traded for a "loser" in Carlos Delgado (he's never appeared in a playoff game). Both those guys are tabbed as non-team players. And that's just the lineup! What about the starting pitching? Pedro Martinez and Tom Glavine. Are you going to tell me that the Mets staff is built around Mike Pelfrey next??

Yes genius, the Yankee offense is struggling. It's the starting pitching that's gotten them by this year. Who did the Yankees give up to get this deal done? A bunch of bottom of the barrel prospects and another prospect who had absolutely no future with this organization. They've developed plenty of home-grown talent and actually have more on the roster than thier roster than the Mets do. And I'm still waiting for the crappy seasons some Mets fans have been predicting. And no, 1 game out of first place in the division and leading the WC race doesn't count as a crappy season.
    Last edited by jvill 51; 07-30-2006 at 05:25 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Torre didn't seem to happy about giving up the farm on this trade.

First of all, name one player on the Yankees who doesn't hustle. That's right there are none. In case you didn't notice, the Yankees are built around guys with high OBP and can work walks. Abreu fits right in. He's an OBP machine, already has 91 walks this year. Plus he can steal bases, which makes him even more valuable. No one's asking him to carry the team, just to be productive.

FYI, the Mets aren't built around any one player. If the were, they wouldn't have signed Carlos Beltran for 19 million dollars. They wouldn't have traded for a "loser" in Carlos Delgado (he's never appeared in a playoff game) . Both those guys are tabbed as non-team players. And that's just the lineup! What about the starting pitching? Pedro Martinez and Tom Glavine. Are you going to tell me that the Mets staff is built around Mike Pelfrey next??

Yes genius, the Yankee offense is struggling. It's the starting pitching that's gotten them by this year. Who did the Yankees give up to get this deal done? A bunch of bottom of the barrel prospects and another prospect who had absolutely no future with this organization. They've developed plenty of home-grown talent and actually have more on the roster than thier roster than the Mets do. And I'm still waiting for the crappy seasons some Mets fans have been predicting. And no, 1 game out of first place in the division and leading the WC race doesn't count as a crappy season.
    You can blast off but you are way off base about Delgado. Every year he has played he has hit 30 or more HR's. And the Mets are richer in the farm system than the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    You can blast off but you are way off base about Delgado. Every year he has played he has hit 30 or more HR's. And the Mets are richer in the farm system than the Yankees.
    I'm not blasting Delgado. But if you're going to blast Abreu by saying he's never appeared in a playoff game then I have every right to blast Delgado for the same reason. I agree, Delgado is a very good ballplayer. The last point I'm iffy about. The Mets have Pelfrey and Millidge, but I don't know about thier other prospects. The Yankees farm system is not nearly as bad as people say it is. They have some deep international talent, includind Jose Tabata. Then there's also Phillip Hughes and Eric Duncan. I think you'll be surprised by the Yankees farm system in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    I didn't see what Torre said, but from my knowledge, the Yankees didn't give up any big chips besides Henry (who has no place on this team).

Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    No offense to you, but why do you post when you have no idea what you are talking about? "Giving up the farm"? Interesting. We gave up Matt Smith - a 27 year old LOOGY - and CJ Henry, who I like and think can be a big time player, but has struggled and has been overmatched thus far in his career... Giving up the farm... Wow.

The best part of this thread is a Met fan talking about how "disgusting" the Yankees are... Firstly, why not worry about your own team? Secondly, as jvill already has posted, have you seen your own team? I don't really get it to be honest because I believe you aren't so stupid as to believe that you have some great team from the farm...

Fact is, this was a good, solid deal. We didn't give up Phil Hughes, Jose Tabata, Brett Gardner, Tyler Clippard, Austin Jackson and many, many others.

As for the overpaid loser comment... What does that, in all honestly, make Carlos Delgado? Wasn't he a "loser" before he signed with a good team? And now I'm guessing he's a "winner"? Was Ted Williams also a "loser"? Obviously these guys just haven't played on good teams. The fact that Larry Bowa loves Abreu should tell you all you need to know about him.

I'm not blasting Delgado. But if you're going to blast Abreu by saying he's never appeared in a playoff game then I have every right to blast Delgado for the same reason. I agree, Delgado is a very good ballplayer. The last point I'm iffy about. The Mets have Pelfrey and Millidge, but I don't know about thier other prospects. The Yankees farm system is not nearly as bad as people say it is. They have some deep international talent, includind Jose Tabata. Then there's also Phillip Hughes and Eric Duncan. I think you'll be surprised by the Yankees farm system in the coming years.

Maybe you should kill the messenger rather than the message. Never blast Abreau and consider the trade a big positive for the Yanks. Wished the Mets would have pulled the trigger on this.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet

Maybe you should kill the messenger rather than the message. Never blast Abreau and consider the trade a big positive for the Yanks. Wished the Mets would have pulled the trigger on this.
    Sorry, should have worded it better. I was talking about Jermaine blasting Abreu, not you.

Banned

amazing anology

I guess since your 10 years old you dont remember mo vaughn???or bobby bo???

or george foster???or roberto alomar??or kaz matsui???these are all high priced losers that played for who??the yankees???no!!!the red sox????no!!!
    maybe the orioles???no!!!!!

THEY ALL PLAYED FOR YOUR BOY'S THE METS!!!ALL HIGH PRICED BUMS/LOSERS

much like the Yankees are built around a core of homegrown talent including Jeter, Posada, and Mariano. you're not good at making comparisions

ROFL

I love it when Yankee fans try to make comparisons to the MEts like

"OMG THE METS ALSO HAVE A HIGH PAYROLL!!!!"

A: Your a total idiot. The Yankees are paying (now) like what $210,000,000?

Rofl... you're trying to compare that to a payroll that is not even half of that and is Fifth in the majors? No one comes near the Yankees disgusting slothenly payroll, so that argument is total trash.

Now we move on to this garbage:

"OMG THE METS ALSO SIGN BIG NAME FREE AGENTS!!!!"

A: Yeah there is a huge difference though, retard.

Yankees:

Matsui
    Giambi
    Sheffield
    Jarret Wright
    Pavano
    Randy Johnson
    A-Rod
    Damon
    Farnsworth
    Abreu

Mets:

Pedro
    Beltran
    Delgado
    Glavine

Ok? You cannot compare those two rosters in term of Big Free agent signings...

The Yankees and Grimebrenner have went out season after season and tried to pick up the hottest free agent on the market, and rape the entire country of top players. Thats why that payroll is so disgustingly huge. The front office basically decided to put together a team consisting entirely of all stars and the best of the free agent market, which you think would produce an automatic World Series, right?

But At this point, after the Total choke of 2004 that was so embarressing even I felt bad, the Yankees have basically gone downhill. That's why everyone enjoys watching the Yankees struggle to barely make the postseason after they "cheated" and went the route of just buying everyone possible.

Maybe you'll get better in the future, but honestly this is the time to enjoy watching this walking catastrophe known as the Yankees Lineup, if you are not a fan of the team. I thought Steinbrenner had got the point and realized that you need chemistry to win and this approach is no good... but then he goes out and gets Abreu while trading the farm. To be honest I am happy to see this, because as long as your front office keeps doing this they will continue to lose, and I'll enjoy it. And rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Neither has Delgado and guys like Pedro, Glavine, Wagner, floyd(hasn't really played in postseason), and others have been poor postseason performers.

ROFL

I love it when Yankee fans try to make comparisons to the MEts like

"OMG THE METS ALSO HAVE A HIGH PAYROLL!!!!"

A: Your a total idiot. The Yankees are paying (now) like what $210,000,000?

Rofl... you're trying to compare that to a payroll that is not even half of that and is Fifth in the majors? No one comes near the Yankees disgusting slothenly payroll, so that argument is total trash.

Now we move on to this garbage:

"OMG THE METS ALSO SIGN BIG NAME FREE AGENTS!!!!"

A: Yeah there is a huge difference though, retard.

Yankees:

Matsui
    Giambi
    Sheffield
    Jarret Wright
    Pavano
    Randy Johnson
    A-Rod
    Damon
    Farnsworth
    Abreu

Mets:

Pedro
    Beltran
    Delgado
    Glavine

Ok? You cannot compare those two rosters in term of Big Free agent signings...

The Yankees and Grimebrenner have went out season after season and tried to pick up the hottest free agent on the market, and rape the entire country of top players. Thats why that payroll is so disgustingly huge. The front office basically decided to put together a team consisting entirely of all stars and the best of the free agent market, which you think would produce an automatic World Series, right?

But At this point, after the Total choke of 2004 that was so embarressing even I felt bad, the Yankees have basically gone downhill. That's why everyone enjoys watching the Yankees struggle to barely make the postseason after they "cheated" and went the route of just buying everyone possible.

Maybe you'll get better in the future, but honestly this is the time to enjoy watching this walking catastrophe known as the Yankees Lineup, if you are not a fan of the team. I thought Steinbrenner had got the point and realized that you need chemistry to win and this approach is no good... but then he goes out and gets Abreu while trading the farm. To be honest I am happy to see this, because as long as your front office keeps doing this they will continue to lose, and I'll enjoy it. And rightfully so.

Who led the NL in payroll last year? The Mets, how did thye do in the playoffs? i love when the Met fans whine about the yankee payroll when the biggest reason they are going to the playoffs this year is b/c they overpaid for Glavine, pedro, Wagner, beltran and got salary dumps of Delgado and lo duca plus some other non-homegrown moves. Alos, your '00 WS team(remember the team that was disptached in 5 games by the yankees?) was mostly free agents and salary dumps.

It's aslo funny how Met fans whine as if the Mets play in kansas City. last time I checked we play in the same City and have all the same opportunities to make and spend money. Stop whining, enjoy your run through the pathetic NL and we'll see what happens in october.

Remember, the Mets have been "Great" this year while the Yanks have been ok and yet we still are tied in the L column(despite the yanks playing in a much tougher div and league).

All Pro
    The Yanks philosophy of baseball has bothered me for a while, when it came to just signing a bunch of huge name talents, and not worrying about team chemistry- something I believe is very important to winning championships. One need look and the Red Sox and White Sox compared to the Yanks in recent years to see what I mean.

That philosophy is slowly changing for the Yankees. With Cashman given full control, he is intent on keeping prospects and building his team from within.

The Yankees farm system is really not that bad, and has improved in recent years, yet I still do not like this trade.

Reason being, it seems to go against what Cashman has espoused about building from within.

Last year the Yankees struggled with Matsui and Sheffield healthy. This year they are still struggling, however a major positive of the season has been the emergence of Melky Cabrera as a viable option to replace Sheffield next year.

He adds a young spark to the team and can foster that "team mentality" that hallmarked the Yankees run in the late 90's.

So what happens when Matsui returns? Melky gets benched.

This goes against the team mentality to add a big name in there who has a reputation for not exactly hustling out there.

Team aspect goes away, and the Yankees are back to square one.

Yes, both the Mets and Yankees sign big name talent. But with the Mets, they feel more like a team that will watch each others back, and have bonded.

I don't get the same feeling with the Yankees.

And yeah, I'm a Met fan.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise
    Last year the Yankees struggled with Matsui and Sheffield healthy. LAST YEAR, THE YANKEES WON 95 GAMES AND HAD THE THIRD BEST RECORD IN ALL OF BASEBALL.

This year they are still struggling. ??? ONLY ONE TEAM IN ALL OF BASEBALL HAS LOST LESS GAMES THAN THE YANKEES.

This goes against the team mentality to add a big name in there who has a reputation for not exactly hustling out there. MATSUI ALWAYS HUSTLES AND OVERCOMES HIS LACK OF ARM STRENGTH BY BEING IN THE RIGHT POSITION ALL THE TIME.

And yeah, I'm a Met fan. NO KIDDING.

Last year the Yankees struggled with Matsui and Sheffield healthy. LAST YEAR, THE YANKEES WON 95 GAMES AND HAD THE THIRD BEST RECORD IN ALL OF BASEBALL.
    They struggled bigtime, they had to go on a TEAR in the second half of the year to even get into the playoffs, also if it wasn't for Shawn Chacon and Aaron Small having abberation years the Yankees season whould have been over.

This year they are still struggling. ??? ONLY ONE TEAM IN ALL OF BASEBALL HAS LOST LESS GAMES THAN THE YANKEES.
    Agreeed, Yankees are really playing better than anyone could have expected after teh losses of Cano, Sheff, Matsui etc.

This goes against the team mentality to add a big name in there who has a reputation for not exactly hustling out there. MATSUI ALWAYS HUSTLES AND OVERCOMES HIS LACK OF ARM STRENGTH BY BEING IN THE RIGHT POSITION ALL THE TIME.
    He was talking about Abreu, he is known to dog it from time-to-time. He is scared of the wall, I'm not joking, he is such a ***** in the field.