Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125
    espn reporting mets getting hernandez and oliver perez for unamed players
    haha, i just said we should do that in the thread about sanchez being hurt

Veteran

nady going to pitt

nady going to pitt in the trade for roberto hernandez and oliver perez

Jets Insider VIP
    PLAYERS TO ME NAMEd later means players that can't be named yet by rule. For instance. Mike Pelfrey cant yet be named. God I hope not.. And also a guy like Fernando Martinez.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    PLAYERS TO ME NAMEd later means players that can't be named yet by rule. For instance. Mike Pelfrey cant yet be named. God I hope not.. And also a guy like Fernando Martinez.
    The deal is reportedly only Nady, calm the hell down.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    The deal is reportedly only Nady, calm the hell down.

Ok good. I didnt know it was official. Phew

Jets Insider VIP
    I heard players included were Milledge Pelfrey Owens Maine and Bannister for Roberto and Perez lol. No really though this is a real hard blow to take. Its ashame a real shame for Duaner.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hopefully Floyd re signs again.

Jets Insider VIP
    I like this deal out of desperation.. Also Oliver had been a top pitching prospect and if anyone can make him that great pitcher hes supposed to be its Peterson.

So who exactly did we give up besides Nady? I'm pissed about sanchez, and i dont know how much i trust hernandez, but for a desperate trade, it isnt too bad....we might gain by having milledge playing instead of nady. im not even against using pelfrey as reliever for this year, just to get his feet wet. let him pitch an inning or two. of course he would have to prove he can pitch in the big leagues, but u never know

just feel bad for duaner...too get hurt in a cab is rediculous

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by mdav 28
    So who exactly did we give up besides Nady? I'm pissed about sanchez, and i dont know how much i trust hernandez, but for a desperate trade, it isnt too bad....we might gain by having milledge playing instead of nady. im not even against using pelfrey as reliever for this year, just to get his feet wet. let him pitch an inning or two. of course he would have to prove he can pitch in the big leagues, but u never know

just feel bad for duaner...too get hurt in a cab is rediculous

Only Nady.

I feel bad for Nady. He got screwed on this deal. Goes from the Mets to the Pirates...DAMN.

I think this may be a good thing for the Mets in one aspect. Chavez may get to play everyday in the outfield now. He's been so clutch for the Mets all season.

Hope the Mets keep it together. LETS GO METS !!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Didn't Nady do a good job as well???

Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    I like this deal out of desperation.. Also Oliver had been a top pitching prospect and if anyone can make him that great pitcher hes supposed to be its Peterson.
    Just like he did with Zambrano right? Please tell me you're joking. Peterson has been exposed as being just another pitching who ran into some young talent and rode the coattails of Oakland's Big 3 to this "guru" reputation.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    Only Nady.

I feel bad for Nady. He got screwed on this deal. Goes from the Mets to the Pirates...DAMN.

I think this may be a good thing for the Mets in one aspect. Chavez may get to play everyday in the outfield now. He's been so clutch for the Mets all season.

Hope the Mets keep it together. LETS GO METS !!

Ya gotta feel for Nady who really was decent at the plate for us. He had his injury, came back and then gets traded - to the Pirates - thats business I suppose.

Jets Insider VIP
    You can never have enough relief pitching going into the playoffs. I like the trade even though I liked Nady; he made some clutch hits to win games.